Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Family Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Big Family Day

Jul 21, 2021, 8:18 PM

Today is the birthday of my daughter who lives with me. It is also the 48th. wedding anniversary of my other daughter. Today, along with the four of us and a great grandson, we had lunch at the Dillard House in Dillard, GA I was a bit disappointed because there was no country ham on the menu today. That was the main item I was looking for.

Just south of Dillard is Osage Farms. I usually make several trips each year mostly for tomatoes and Silver Queen corn. I get the 25 lb. cartons of tomatoes. Those great big beautiful one pounders were $20. for 25 pounds. Resorting to my knowledge of the "goesinto" math, that indicates the cost is 80 cents per lb. The same size and quality tomato in a regular grocery store is about double that. Later on, I'll go back and get several boxes and share with the elderly residents here at the Downs.

It's about time for another jaunt to the mountains for a little R & R, so my daughter and I will go to Sugar Mt. NC, on Friday, where we will be joined by four of my female relatives. I just took a Turducken out of the oven which will accompany me to Sugar Mt. I should be back in time to learn who has committed during the "cook out".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Family Day

Jul 21, 2021, 8:46 PM

Joe, you are blessed to have such a large family. Happy Birthday to Linda! I hope you have a nice trip to the mountains.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Family Day

Jul 21, 2021, 9:59 PM

Sounds like a great day, other than the missing country ham. Silver Queen is the best, but it's getting hard to find in our area. All the farmers are growing bi-color, it's good, but not Silver Queen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic