Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be careful what you wish for.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Be careful what you wish for.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:28 PM

I'm not sure when I've been more frustrated watching Clemson football. Facing the facts, the offense is broken. It's obvious to almost everyone. Why? DJ, Streeter, play calling, poor WR play, poor WR recruiting, etc. It's a long list. We've witnessed it all season. The offense is HARD to watch and if I'm being totally honest, the defense has under performed based on the talent on this team. AND it is my Son's senior year and losing to UofSC at home is a sucky way to go out. With all of that being said...
I was a part of a hunting club a few years back. There were limited members and it WASN"T perfect. Looking back, I remember going to meetings where people complained about all kinds of things. Some legit and some really nit picky. Then one day, I got a call informing me that the hunting club would not be renewing memberships because the land had been sold and the lease was not renewed. Then all of a sudden the members were pretty devastated because in reality the club was pretty awesome. It was a great family atmosphere and was just great in so many ways. I've never been able to find anything close to what we had.
I've seen a lot of negative posts since the mess we witnessed on Saturday. Some even saying things about Dabo leaving and how they'd be fine with that. I think we all need to take a step back and realize what we actually have in this Football program. YOU DON"T REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL IT IS GONE. Let's hope this loss lights the fire that has been kind of flickering over the last two years. We are 10-2 not a 5-7 A&M with a coach like Jimbo. Clemson is a GREAT program and will continue to be with Dabo heading it up. I hope and believe he will fix this mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought about that expression Saturday night and Sunday,

Nov 28, 2022, 12:31 PM

while thinking back to a week ago when several T-Netters were openly pulling for S.Carolina against Tennessee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought about that expression Saturday night and Sunday,

Nov 28, 2022, 12:37 PM

That game definitely made them believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be careful what you wish for.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:40 PM

Somebody kidnapped Dabo. This is not the Dabo we had before. Everyone who has watched this has eyes. So an APB needs to put out for the real Dabo. The one that nerve and guts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2022, 12:43 PM

Point taken, but if we played TAMU's schedule we would have a very similar record.

Nov 28, 2022, 12:44 PM

Most of what you said, is exactly how I feel.

It's hard to watch at times.

And, when you see teams play our defense full of 4 and 5 star players "GET WIDE OPEN" due to how the play was designed or timing on when the play was called(maybe a run type LB in the game and we match them up against one of our slot WR). You see these other teams with QB's who were not at the top or near the top of their class.
I am supposedly a "sunshine pumper" but, "even me as a pumper can say, it's frustrating watching the offense"!
Everybody who is a Clemson alum; don't always make good coordinators or position coaches! I'm sorry!

Chad Morris and Brent Venables came in and put in place good foundations and are not Clemson alumni. In my mind, something similar will eventually have to happen.

Position coach in particular in my mind more so than coordinator.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post

Nov 28, 2022, 12:46 PM

I truly believe that DS will get things corrected. That is if he doesn’t get tired of the complaining. I to hate to see how the team has struggled with consistency but in reality a lot has changed between coaches/college football itself. Recruits are watching and listening ?.

GO TIGERS!!!

He's got 115,000,000 reasons not to get tired of

Nov 28, 2022, 12:56 PM

the complaining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's got 115,000,000 reasons not to get tired of

Nov 28, 2022, 2:46 PM

True but at some point, it’s not about the money. I don’t think Dabo is motivated by the money.

Nov 28, 2022, 2:53 PM

He should have declined his last raise if that's true. I think it's very much about being the highest paid coach in college football. The question is, will Dabo get is straightened out? Can he do the hard things required? Will he set aside his pride and stubborness? Will he do it all before it really is too late? He's already announced one boneheaded decision. None of us want to see him go, we just want him to do what he hasn't been able to do for 2 years, the right thing.

Nov 28, 2022, 4:27 PM

I've always run my business this way... Never hire someone that you can't fire. I don't think Dabo has done that but he has certainly hired people that it is HARDER to fire just because of the personal relationships.

$115,000,000 says otherwise

Nov 28, 2022, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: He's got 115,000,000 reasons not to get tired of ]

he could have taken less and given more to his assistants

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not any more

Nov 28, 2022, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: He's got 115,000,000 reasons not to get tired of ]

But Dabo has been vocal on national media about having earned his salary based on what the market will bear.

Nov 28, 2022, 7:07 PM [ in reply to He's got 115,000,000 reasons not to get tired of ]

True. So sick of the veiled threats Dabo will leave us over fan site opinions. I love Dabo and what he’s done here, but I ain’t groveling. Ever.

Re: Good post

Nov 28, 2022, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Good post ]

I guarantee you that nobody that actually has an influence in our athletics department is reading tigernet forums…

Nov 28, 2022, 3:06 PM

The coaches are paid WAY too much money for that batch of sorry play calling. Since Trevor, I’ve thought the QB coaching has been terrible. We are not improving as the season goes along and the fumbleitis is a result of inadequate coaching.
Again, inexcusable for the kind of moolah they’re pulling in.

Nov 28, 2022, 4:38 PM

Dabo has made big changes before that moved the program forward. He fired Napier when the offense became stagnant and hired Chad Morris. He fired Steele when it became apparent we couldn't stop any offenses featuring mobile QBs and hired Brent Venables.

However, in both of those instances, Dabo made those moves because he HAD TO. His own job was very much in jeopardy and his own back was against the wall. Now that he has a $100M contract, none of that pressure exists. He is free to hire every family member, college roommate, and former player he wants. He has become arrogant and complacent. We will find out very soon if he is still serious when he says "best is the standard," and he may very well make needed changes this offseason. However, there's nothing stopping him from being as stubborn as he wants to be, and as we've seen, he is capable of astounding stubbornness that crosses over into arrogance/hubris.

Nov 28, 2022, 6:32 PM

Man, I get what you are saying but Dabo is still under a lot of pressure. He’s a competitor and certainly wants to maintain what he has built.

Nov 28, 2022, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Be careful what you wish for. ]

Dabo has made big changes before that moved the program forward. He fired Napier when the offense became stagnant and hired Chad Morris. He fired Steele when it became apparent we couldn't stop any offenses featuring mobile QBs and hired Brent Venables.

However, in both of those instances, Dabo made those moves because he HAD TO. His own job was very much in jeopardy and his own back was against the wall. Now that he has a $100M contract, none of that pressure exists. He is free to hire every family member, college roommate, and former player he wants. He has become arrogant and complacent. We will find out very soon if he is still serious when he says "best is the standard," and he may very well make needed changes this offseason. However, there's nothing stopping him from being as stubborn as he wants to be, and as we've seen, he is capable of astounding stubbornness that crosses over into arrogance/hubris.

All true. Except it's a 115 million dollar contract. I did have to chuckle at a previous post that stated he should have left some money for the coordinators. He didn't negotiate the contract. Like all big time coaches, he has an agent or law firm that handles that. Dabo's firm is Balch and Bingham (Google it for the details). I'm quite sure they squeezed every dollar they could in the best interest of their client and to maximize their return as well. Obviously they were quite successful. He's locked in for 10 years unless he were to leave for more money (or takes a pay cut to leave - highly unlikely). Based on recent history his market value is not trending up meaning he will be our coach for very long time. I would not expect any sweeping changes. Hope I am wrong.

You are correct. It’s gone and I realized what we had.

Nov 28, 2022, 7:23 PM

Our record in any other conference is much worse. We absolutely suck right now, and to top it off; WE ARE THE MOST BORING TEAM TO WATCH EVER!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are correct. It’s gone and I realized what we had.

Nov 28, 2022, 8:39 PM

I think we’d be fine in most conferences even the sec but we are very boring to watch. That’s true.

Nov 28, 2022, 10:08 PM

People dragging Dabo and making these dumb statements are the biggest fools online. They're literally pathetic.

Dabo gets job offers every year. Watch this program COLLAPSE if he leaves.

The rest of the fan base needs to stand up and call these toxic clowns out.

Nov 28, 2022, 10:16 PM

I couldn’t agree more on that. Sucks to lose to SC but I do think no one hates it more than Dabo. Losing Dabo would kill the program.

I wish for wins against ND and uSC.***

Nov 28, 2022, 10:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic