Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball… Softball…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Baseball… Softball…

May 28, 2022, 2:01 AM

Say what you wanna say… I’m a gambler at heart…. Would the Clemson softball coach take our exact same baseball team to the Super Regionals..?? I think he would…. Our softball girls were over matched in series against a team with a history in the game on which they are over matched by the team we were playing… Because they have a rich history in the sport. A team that has 100% over achieved in their 2nd year. If Coach Lee had any dignity he would resign in a dignified manner.. you’ve had the time to recruit your players. Hire your coaches. It’s been a failure. Things happen…. I understand. I’m not saying I could do it better or could hire someone to do it better… But I’m not paid to be the AD of Clemson University…. The choice is clear. Even with the Super Regional loss tonight by the softball team…. They overachieved in their infancy as a program.. Monte has been a disappointment despite my high hopes with him coming in…. the fact of him not making ANY adjustments…. It’s time for a change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball… Softball…

May 28, 2022, 8:32 AM

Totally ridiculous to say that our softball coach would take our baseball team to the super regionals! Am I happy with where we are in baseball? Absolutely not, but baseball and softball are totally different games played in a totally different way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball… Softball…

May 28, 2022, 9:16 AM

I completely disagree with you.. But.. that’s I prefaced it with “say what you want”…. I understand that the games are played completely different. But the main point is the logic of each is EXACTLY the same. Get em’ on, get em’ over’, get em’ home, get em’ out… Ritten has done more with less in 2.5 seasons than Monte has done his entire career as a head coach. Again, I stress that I was and am a Monte fan but he’s just not getting it done and needs to bow out for the hood of the program. At some point in time you have to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are deserving of the salary your employer has given you.. He has not and he’s had ample time. At least Brad has made the Sweet 16 in basketball…

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Coach Rittman could pull off that miracle, at

May 28, 2022, 9:25 AM

least not with Monte's same staff. There seems to be ZERO development of pitchers, or hitters for that matter.

Monte's staff reminds me a LOT of one particular operator we had at the Chemical Plant. He was in charge of running a couple of sets of distillation columns. Now, the columns were under computer control, but the operator had to make adjustments, "tweaks" if you will, to keep them producing product at the desired purity. But, when it came to this particular operator, whatever he inherited is pretty much what the next shift inherited. He was just a lump marking time, and VERY seldom did he make ANY changes, needed or otherwise. (I was not in charge of hiring or firing, or he be gone.)

That seems to be our baseball team. Whatever talent players show up with their first day is pretty much what we got. The staff needs a complete overhaul. I don't pretend to know who we would get, but fortunately, that is the AD's job, or Monte's, if he is retained.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic