Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Regionals - Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Baseball Regionals - Clemson

May 16, 2021, 4:48 PM

Losing never feels good. Especially the Semiholes. But our season is far from over as for the regionals are concerned. There's a lot of baseball left to play in the ACC. Odds are definite that 7 and most likely at least 8 will make it from the ACC.

The puppies cancelled the series with Duke. Will that be held against them. If it's close, we get the nod since we won the series.

Va Tech very much on the bubble going to ND next weekend. UNC on the bubble going to ga tech. Then you have the tournament.

We'll most likely sweep Duke next weekend and end up 27-24. We were a solid 3, maybe 2 with a 29-21 record and + record in ACC. So not that far off. Our ooc sos is currently 25 ish... Depending on service. NOT getting swept by FSU really helped. Don't count this team out yet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Regionals - Clemson

May 16, 2021, 5:13 PM

They have an outside shot but really only because, like basketball, the NCAA is probably gonna favor major conference teams that can better manage covid concerns. This team is not as good as the only one Jack missed the tourney with - that one finished the season with a top 25 rpi and still got left home. It’s almost mathematically impossible for this team to get above an RPI of 40th - we’re playing at home against the 43rd rpi team. The SOS is neutral and winning at home is only .7 wins in the rpi formula. Anything less than a sweep and I think the season is over. Sweep and we may play as a 3 seed in our own regional. Who knows? There are some extremely highly rpi ranked small conference teams who’ve played no one that don’t have the facilities to host that may come and lay an egg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Regionals - Clemson

May 16, 2021, 5:55 PM

Totally get it. I think we do sweep Duke. But there is a bunch of scenarios that do get us to a regional. I don't think they're many, if at all where we host. Or rather play in our own regional.

Agree with the Jack team.

Also agree we don't get above 40 less winning the auto ACC tournament berth. Then it's moot. Not saying this is a great team. Average to below from what's needed. Can't see a scenario where we have enough pitching to get out of a regional.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic