Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball game unofficial tread thread.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Baseball game unofficial tread thread.

May 24, 2022, 7:07 PM

Unless somebody else wants to do it.

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx new Mr POTD award boss man!

May 24, 2022, 7:10 PM

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now, they are showing two of us old geezers hunting

May 24, 2022, 7:12 PM

squirrels. With dogs and rifles. Seems like a lot of trouble for a small return, to me.

Some of these guise are sirius, though. Especially Coon Hunters. I once knew a Coon Hunter who just about killed his very expensive coon dog he had just bought, because it ran a deer track.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball game start time is 7:17, per crawler on Bally

May 24, 2022, 7:22 PM

17-7 sounds like a good score to me. Both games today have been good high scoring games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball game start time is 7:17, per crawler on Bally

May 24, 2022, 7:23 PM

Also glad the bull pups got eliminated by bama.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st pitch FINALLY at 7:23.

May 24, 2022, 7:24 PM

We are the visting team, and went down meekly 123 in 1st.

May 24, 2022, 7:28 PM

I have not seen an "official" baseball thread?

Re: We are the visting team, and went down meekly 123 in 1st.

May 24, 2022, 8:24 PM

Utube live search Clemson live. Worked for me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1-0 Billy goats after one inning. Anglin gave up a dingy,

May 24, 2022, 7:40 PM

then later worked out of two on, two out trouble. Wagner with a great basket catch running away from home plate down the left field line to end the inning.

Tigers play some small ball, get a run on a sac fily after

May 24, 2022, 7:51 PM

some aggressive base running by Wright put him on third with one out. We later left two runners on base, game tied at 1-1 after 1.5 innings.

3-1 Mountain Goats after two. Corbin badly misplayed a

May 24, 2022, 8:03 PM

ball to deep left field that would have been the third out, allowing the two runs to score. Then, he made a play that was even tougher, immediately after.

Re: 3-1 Mountain Goats after two. Corbin badly misplayed a

May 24, 2022, 8:08 PM

Thanks for the updates

Re: 3-1 Mountain Goats after two. Corbin badly misplayed a

May 24, 2022, 8:14 PM

Thanks for the thread. From what I am seeing Clemson is being outplayed and our best batter has already struck out twice. If things don’t improve and they lose they can forget tge NCAA tournament.

NC hurler Carlson is definitely getting the better of the

May 24, 2022, 8:30 PM

matchup with Anglin so far. He is hitting his spots pretty well, and making our hitters look bad, while a bunch of Anglin's pitches are finding the NC bats. He is what I would call "wild in the strike zone" so far.

Still 3-1 after 2.5 innings. We got thrown out trying to

May 24, 2022, 8:12 PM

steal 2nd for the third out.

Anglin surrenders another solo dinger. 4-1 Goats end of 3.

May 24, 2022, 8:18 PM

Game is slipping away.

:(

Re: Anglin surrenders another solo dinger. 4-1 Goats end of 3.

May 24, 2022, 8:24 PM

And to think some thought we were back lol

Down in order in the 4th. Still 4-1 Goats after 3.5 innings.

May 24, 2022, 8:25 PM

Re: Down in order in the 4th. Still 4-1 Goats after 3.5 innings.

May 24, 2022, 8:28 PM

Man we hit long bal out at home and a bigger stadium they are pop flys.

May 24, 2022, 8:35 PM

Ah 5-1 Mac is our ace and see visits and one out and bases loaded and no one warning up. Wow these coaches.

May 24, 2022, 8:41 PM

Grice throws to home on a ball hit to him with runner on second and first ###

Floodgates open in the Tarhole 4th. We walked in a run,

May 24, 2022, 8:43 PM

after walking the bases loaded, and then gave up a base knock to score two more. Finally got out of it, 7-1 Heels after four.

You could fry an egg on Anglin's forehead right now, he is clearly not liking the Home Plate Umpire's strike zone. And he is making that dislike so obvious, he is going to be squeezed even more, if not ejected for arguing balls and strikes at some point.

7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a

May 24, 2022, 8:47 PM

big team discussion in the dugout. What he should have been doing is managing the game, Anglin has already been in there about four batters too long. Hard to believe we didn't make a pitching change that inning. Monte must not trust any of the arms he has, at this point. Baffling.

Re: 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a

May 24, 2022, 8:49 PM

Anybody else see fire monty lee on tbe screen?

Re: 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a

May 24, 2022, 8:50 PM

Was just about to post this lol

I didn't catch that. SOMEBODY is going to be in real

May 24, 2022, 9:00 PM

job trouble for pranking that. Don't believe I'da done that in this Cancel Culture.

He will get one more year…

May 24, 2022, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a ]

But, WOW! That took some guts to do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He's probably saying his last goodbyes to the team***

May 24, 2022, 8:50 PM [ in reply to 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a ]

Still 7-1 Heels, after 5.5 innings. We stranded Grice at 3rd

May 24, 2022, 8:55 PM [ in reply to 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a ]

for the only sirius scoring threat.

8-1 Heels, still batting with two on and two out in the 5th.

May 24, 2022, 9:03 PM [ in reply to 7-1 Heels, going to the top of the 5th. Monte is having a ]

Dill is in the game, and in a pickle.

8-1 Heels after 5. Clemson looks like they are phoning the

May 24, 2022, 9:06 PM

rest of this game in, to me. It's one thing to lose. Another thing to lose and look like you don't even care. I think we have just gotten far too "comfortable" with losing, the last couple of years.

Monte has to go.

May 24, 2022, 9:11 PM

Plain and simple. Unfortunately, he won't be fired. Letter time!!

Still 8-1 Tar Holes thru six complete. Olenchuk now in.

May 24, 2022, 9:25 PM

Well guess they opted to rip the bandaid off from the get-go

May 24, 2022, 9:33 PM

Was hoping if they were going down, there would at least be going down with a fight, especially knowing that postseason was at stake.

Now watch them turn around & beat VT after UNC puts the nail in the coffin on ACC/NCAA hopes. But I do feel its time for a change in direction if Clemson Baseball is gonna get back to what it once was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing doing for the Tigers in the 7th. Still 8-1 Heels.

May 24, 2022, 9:33 PM

8-1 Heels through seven complete innings.

May 24, 2022, 9:40 PM

We just hit the 2nd ATOM ball in the last two innings.

May 24, 2022, 9:42 PM

TArhole pitcher didn't even have time to flinch before the ball hit him in the glove on the last one.

Re: We just hit the 2nd ATOM ball in the last two innings.

May 24, 2022, 9:46 PM

You just know it's not our night when that happens...a lot of hard hit balls tonight but unfortunately they all have been right at a UNC fielder,infield or outfield take you pick

Unlike Monte, UNC coach taking no chances. Pitching change

May 24, 2022, 9:49 PM [ in reply to We just hit the 2nd ATOM ball in the last two innings. ]

for them with an 8-1 lead and runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs in the 8th inning.

8-1 thru our half of the 8th inning. Tar Holes tried to help

May 24, 2022, 9:54 PM

us by walking the bases loaded with two out. but a fly ball out to center ended the "threat".

9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to

May 24, 2022, 10:04 PM

injury by scoring all the way from first base on another misplayed ball at the wall in left field. It was a tough play, but could have been made.

Re: 9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to***

May 24, 2022, 10:14 PM

Re: 9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to

May 24, 2022, 10:24 PM [ in reply to 9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to ]

The outfield play has been awful all year long. When you have to put Caden Grice in center field it is about like putting Seth Beer out there…he has done better than the corner outfielders though! Pitching and defense wins baseball games…infield defense avg, outfield defense very bad, and pitching has been bad as well! The reason the 2018 team won 47 games was because pitching and defense was good all year (except for regional). That year the defense was one of best Clemson has ever had….they made the routine plays and prevented a lot of runs with awesome outfield play as well.

Re: 9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to

May 24, 2022, 10:24 PM [ in reply to 9-1 going into the top of the 9th. Tar Holes added insult to ]

The outfield play has been awful all year long. When you have to put Caden Grice in center field it is about like putting Seth Beer out there…he has done better than the corner outfielders though! Pitching and defense wins baseball games…infield defense avg, outfield defense very bad, and pitching has been bad as well! The reason the 2018 team won 47 games was because pitching and defense was good all year (except for regional). That year the defense was one of best Clemson has ever had….they made the routine plays and prevented a lot of runs with awesome outfield play as well.

Mercifully, it is finally over. Tar Holes win convincingly,

May 24, 2022, 10:20 PM

9-2. No real drama all game long for Clemson. We just meekly got slaughtered. We did get a run in the 9th, UNC pitcher started overthrowing, trying to get that last out via strikeout.

Fittingly, it seems, Wagner made the last out of the game, looking at a called third strike. He did not have a good night at the plate.

Re: Mercifully, it is finally over. Tar Holes win convincingly,

May 24, 2022, 10:26 PM

Rough night at the plate for the ACC Player of the Year...when Max Wagner is not having a good night at the plate the Tigers are not gonna Win unfortunately

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic