Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barkley for President
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Barkley for President

Mar 25, 2023, 12:28 PM

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/sports-world-reacts-to-charles-barkleys-blunt-message-for-politicians

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second the motion!***

Mar 25, 2023, 12:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Charkley!***

Mar 25, 2023, 12:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: Barkley for President

Mar 25, 2023, 12:49 PM

Gotta be better than any choice we’ve had in the last 10 - 15 years.

Mar 25, 2023, 12:50 PM

The truth hurts to some people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are degrees of "awful people"***

Mar 25, 2023, 1:02 PM

Mar 25, 2023, 1:10 PM

Some years back there was talk of him running for governor of Alabama. He might have won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Mar 25, 2023, 1:39 PM

I don’t see him running for office. He said many years ago that he doesn’t want to be any kid’s role model and that athletes in general shouldn’t be role models for kids. This was one of the first things that he said that made me realize he is smarter than he acts. He doesn’t take himself very seriously, which is one of the things I like most about him.

The OP was really intended as a joke but I do like a lot of the things he says.

Mar 25, 2023, 1:44 PM

I like that he doesn’t put up with BS from white or black people.

Trump/Barkley ticket for 2024!***

Mar 25, 2023, 1:42 PM

Re: Trump/Barkley ticket for 2024!***

Mar 25, 2023, 3:42 PM

Barkley has far to much insight for that. Add Trump to most anything and it turns into a ####/show

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Mar 25, 2023, 3:52 PM

How is your 401 k in the last 2 years?

Mar 25, 2023, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump/Barkley ticket for 2024!*** ]

Only be because the RINOs who control the Republican Party are charlatans and the electorate, so susceptible to propaganda, don't have the stomach for it—

Mar 25, 2023, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump/Barkley ticket for 2024!*** ]

Trump? Glad Brain dead Joe is doing such a great job!

LOL... of course he's right. Both parties suck dead donkey

Mar 25, 2023, 3:29 PM

balls, and have for decades. They are just 2 sides of the same coin, and all of em are bought and paid for by lobbyists. If you haven't noticed that, you're probably still trying to cram a round peg into a square hole. No offense.

I've been saying for at least 20 years: I have no party. They are both driven by extremists now, there is no common-sense, middle-ground, do-what-is-best-for-America party. And be willing to reach across the aisle to make it happen.

I can't think of a single politician I respect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: LOL... of course he's right. Both parties suck dead donkey

Mar 25, 2023, 3:52 PM

I’m liking DeSantis right now. Love Tim Scott and I think Pence would do well.

Voted for Trump twice. Loved his policies but brings on too much drama. Needs a handler and a filter.

I will agree though our politicians are beyond corrupt. 31 trillion in the hole is beyond embarrassing. Should have implemented term limits a long time ago.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Only Liberals say shyatt like this - they want you to think

Mar 25, 2023, 3:53 PM [ in reply to LOL... of course he's right. Both parties suck dead donkey ]

they're not any different than anyone else;

all the while they've been destroying America with the Deep State, Feminism, and rainbow "Civil" Rights for 60 years.

Any true Conservative will tell you to your face, "We don't want to live with them anymore. Split the country and quit trying to make everything fit under one roof. It's simply not good for people."

But that's not what the Liberals want - they want more than half the country - they want your children.

Try the other peg.***

Mar 25, 2023, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Why is it that people who think they’re smarter than the

Mar 25, 2023, 6:47 PM

average bear, are also the ones who help create the problems?

But ramble on poor boy - just know that these type comments are not nearly as enlightening nor pithy as you think.

Mar 25, 2023, 7:20 PM [ in reply to LOL... of course he's right. Both parties suck dead donkey ]

What makes you think I haven’t noticed that?? That is exactly why I posted this. I don’t trust any politicians. I am as moderate as you will find. The extremists on both ends are the problem. If it was up to me we’d put AOC and Marjorie T. Green in a cage and let them fight to the death. We would be better off by one when it was over.

Apr 1, 2023, 8:57 PM

rhettfla said:

What makes you think I haven’t noticed that?? That is exactly why I posted this. I don’t trust any politicians. I am as moderate as you will find. The extremists on both ends are the problem. If it was up to me we’d put AOC and Marjorie T. Green in a cage and let them fight to the death. We would be better off by one when it was over.

Using the word extremists can be a cop out for not being at least moderately informed about the players on both sides. Quickly 3 questions for any who dismiss out of hand both parties as lost (while partially true you should know why)Do you consider President Trump an extremist? Do you view a term like "gridlock" negatively? Generally consider stepping across party lines a virtuous act or admiral in some way? easy questions

Apr 1, 2023, 9:08 PM

I don’t consider Trump an extremist. He is not a career politician and although some of his views are extreme, they don’t always follow the conventional extreme right wing playbook.
I view gridlock as a negative term because to me, gridlock prevents forward movement.
I don’t consider stepping across party lines to be virtuous or admiral or even admirable. I believe you should be steadfast in your beliefs and maintain your position. I just don’t generally agree with the positions taken by the people on either the far left or far right.
This has been an entertaining exercise for me. I don’t dismiss both parties as “lost”. As I said, I just don’t generally agree with the positions taken by people on the far left or far right (what I consider extremists).

Apr 1, 2023, 9:16 PM [ in reply to LOL... of course he's right. Both parties suck dead donkey ]

In reality 99 times out of 100 reaching across the isle is a self serving, cowardly act by said politician (eg.deceased SenMcCain); only when the politician is forced by the electorate to reach across the isle should such an act immediately be viewed in a positive light, this rarely happens, even then it must be thoroughly examined. Most if not nearly all actions by the Fed govt produce negative results and continue to increase it's rate of growth>Gridlock is a GOOD THING!

Mar 25, 2023, 3:45 PM

Yea he has some common sense. There is something people really love or hate about someone telling it like it is. I like to call it Realville. Not many live there anymore.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

The world needs more of this.

Mar 25, 2023, 5:26 PM

I hate politicians.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic