Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BAMA keeps rolling regardless.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

BAMA keeps rolling regardless.......

Dec 5, 2021, 8:35 AM

of who their OC and/or DC is and how many times they replace them. They roll because Saban is the supreme leader and their culture is winning - pure and simple. That's how they recruit, how they coach and how he deals with staff turnover. He could care less about their character, whether or not they go to church, are great family men, etc., it's all about - can they help Bama win. That's his bottom line and he record proves it works - for him.

Dabo and Clem doesnt operate that way and we have been the 2nd most successful program in the last 10 years and Dabo's style and approach has worked - for him. I do think that it will be much harder replacing BV than anyone can imagine because it was a special relationship. Finding someone outside who fits the Clem culture will be a challenge. That's why the staff hires recently have been former Clem players. Sadly, our culture is not the culture of most of society these days. The pool is scarce.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but I'm still ALL IN!

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BAMA keeps rolling regardless.......

Dec 5, 2021, 9:07 AM

While I disagree with bringing Church into it, your premise is correct. We're not Bama. Bama is Bama, kids clamour to get there.

I've said for a week now that it looked like CBV and have gotten TD'd and scoffed at by the tnet clic. OU believes in their culture and process too. They too value the ties to the school. In the end and where we're going to hurt is recruiting. OU wants CBV because he identifies and brings in the Jimmy and Joes. And it doesn't hurt that he can outscheme his opponent and find their weakness.

CBV doesn't take crap, if you're not perform on the field, you're riding the pine. He has that rare ability to develop and find the Jimmy's that will literally walk through a brick wall for him.

We had another one like that too. Jeff Scott and his Dad could bring in the Jimmy and Joes... And then develop them.

I've literally been praying that OU would trip up and hire someone else or that CBV would once again decide he was not going to take it. It's a huge loss. You've got to have those master recruiters. UGA found one, we must get this right.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BAMA keeps rolling regardless.......

Dec 5, 2021, 9:34 AM

Winning attitudes and Care Bear attitudes are seldom good bed fellows. It doesn’t work in business either and football is a business.
Truth is, Dabo was able to be the care bear while Venables was ripping heads off and ashes out! That may be over now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic