Replies: 0  
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic

Back before the war - Field Day

emoji_events [6]
Jun 16, 2021, 7:54 AM
flag     Reply

Yes - the Army let us have a field day near the end of our Advanced Infantry Training. A lot different from the Physical Fitness Test where we had similar tasks but had to pass such things as the alligator crawl, monkey bars, and a mile run in combat boots-(if anyone remembers other things on the test, please add here). The field day included more normal events and every guy had to enter a specific number.

The reason I am posting this is because I witnessed what would probably have been a world record if it had been timed and if such a record has been recorded. I always pictured the 3-legged race as a clumsy attempt in which the main goal is to avoid landing face first, but we had 2 guys strap their legs together with army issue belts at their thighs and shins and run at full speed probably going the 100 yards in not much over 10 seconds! I don’t think they ever had the chance to practice but they somehow timed their strides perfectly and were even able to come to a stop without falling. The other guys in the event had only made it about 20 yards & some were already on the ground.

military_donation.jpg link

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
843 people have read this post