Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Armchair coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Armchair coaches

Sep 21, 2021, 9:21 AM

Did you guys really think you are better coaches? We have 2 Natty’s since 2016. Our coaches evaluate talent everyday and put the best players on the field. We rarely lose. We are one of the best programs in the country. What else do you want? This will be a good team by years end. Go back and evaluate the 2016 schedule and look at our performance. We developed all year to peak at the end. We will do the same this year. If you people know so much, why aren’t you coaches?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Armchair coaches

Sep 21, 2021, 9:33 AM

This point makes zero sense. Criticizing the offense is valid. We have one of the 20 worst offenses in college football right now, even though we have top 5 talent. We've managed to score 17 points against P5 competition. DJ is 37-62 (59.6%) with 0 TDs and 1 INT against P5 teams. Something just doesn't add up. We are averaging 4.9 yards per attempt. That's awful.

Alabama had to replace a 1st round QB, their Heisman winning WR, a 1st round RB, a couple of offensive lineman, and their offensive coordinator. But, their offense looks vastly more superior to ours. Why shouldn't we criticize our offense? It sucks right now. As fans, we want that to be fixed. Whatever the coaches are doing clearly isn't working.

U can always pull for Alabama.. Every school in the sec does

Sep 21, 2021, 9:55 AM

So you will have plenty of company.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Is Clemson Not Worthy

Sep 21, 2021, 10:06 AM

of being the best program in the country?

Sure, why not?***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: U can always pull for Alabama.. Every school in the sec does

Sep 21, 2021, 10:16 AM [ in reply to U can always pull for Alabama.. Every school in the sec does ]

I would like to compare us to Alabama since they are the pinnacle of college football. We've recruited well enough to not have these issues offensively. And unlike Bama, we actually play in a weak conference. Georgia Tech is a bad football team. They might win 4 games this year. And they took us down to the wire. That's unacceptable for a team with our talent level.

Bingo.. also this is a discussion board

Sep 21, 2021, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Armchair coaches ]

Not the USSR. Armchair coaches are welcome to come here and discuss the scheme, depth chart, playcalling, etc.

Tony Elliot is in charge of the offense. The offense has progressively gotten worse since Scott left. We haven’t sniffed one of those championships without him. The drop off was immediate Vs. LSU in the natty.

Tony is in over his head.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bingo.. also this is a discussion board

Sep 21, 2021, 10:13 AM

I had to flee the USSR because of Stalin. He ice picked me anyways.

exactly this.***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Armchair coaches ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: exactly this.***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:16 AM

Exactly.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Armchair coaches ]

His point makes perfect sense to anyone who actually knows football, we have people complain who have no idea about the details, we are 2-1 and the loss was pretty much on a bad play by our best receiver...who made a lazy cut and a really risky but good play by Ga safety. When we don't see improvement; as judged not by the idiots on this board, but by the coaches who's job it is to evaluate the players and actually know what they were supposed to do and we lose then its time to criticize... until then you either trust in the process and the coaches or you don't, if you don;t why are you even here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2021, 9:21 AM

Averaging a stellar 8.5 points per game vs P5 teams. We're literally 2-3 plays away from averaging 35 per game like we usually do.

I just hope NC State lines up in a defense that our coaches prepare for. We'll really dominate them if they do. Fingers crossed!

Sep 21, 2021, 9:43 AM

To answer your question, that is the issue I have with these armchair coaches.
Yet ,if you dare to question their expertise, you are labeled a coot.
Ever heard of Carter and his little liver pills?
Well, I have been labeled a coot more times than he has those little liver pills.

Signed;
Not an Armchair coach.

Fans are supposed to be armchair coaches, but....

Sep 21, 2021, 9:46 AM

.... ACTUAL coaches are supposed to give us less to talk about. They are not doing their job right now. As fans we have every right to criticize them. You can bet your a s s that recruits like Manning are looking at our OL and saying "ah hay'el no bruh."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 21, 2021, 9:48 AM

From my armchair expertise in order to win the game you have to score more points than the other team.

Sep 21, 2021, 9:48 AM

I think we have way too much talent to look worse on Offense than the Coots .
Now that’s pretty bad , it doesn’t take a genius to know somebody’s not doing their job .

Sep 21, 2021, 9:49 AM

Armchair coaches never call the right play.
In fact, they never make any play calls.
They’re more ubiquitously inane than mothers-in-law.

Tnet is a safe place to say whatever...

Sep 21, 2021, 9:53 AM

Don't take it personally. We all know we are full of doodoo.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:03 AM

I am not a better coach, but I am better at my job than most people in my field. I expect the highest paid OC, to be the best offensive mind in college football. Anything less is unacceptable.

Then fire him***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:08 AM

Re: Then fire him***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:10 AM

he haw....he haw

Why are you on a football message board that is 100%

Sep 21, 2021, 10:08 AM

armchair people if you don't like it?

He probably likes to go to the sizzler and throw red paint

Sep 21, 2021, 10:10 AM

On people when they leave for murdering cows

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sizzler closed in Clemson.. :(***

Sep 21, 2021, 10:17 AM

Sep 21, 2021, 10:09 AM

There is no way to turn a blind eye at the offensive performance or lack of. We are dead freakin last in pts per game in the ACC…a very bad ACC. These Armchair coaches are pointing out the obvious, that other teams are getting more out of the players they have. Clemson has been perennial for over a decade now, and should never have an offense this bad with the players we have. I agree things will turn around, but this team was not prepared for this early season.

Sep 21, 2021, 10:12 AM

When it came to weddings, the old saying used to be that the mother of the groom should wear beige, sit down and keep quiet but this is not a wedding and we are not mothers of the groom. We are Tiger fans and can express our thoughts as we see fit, so get used to it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2021, 10:15 AM

Tony Elliott ask for this when he said they did something on D we did not practice for this week. He has to be prepared for anything the D throws at him. I said it before this statement by Elliott was as dumb as Saban's statement in the 18 game.

I am a mediocre to bad armchair coach

Sep 21, 2021, 10:17 AM

and proud to be surrounded by the same here on T-Net.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic