Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are NIL deals public information? If Georgia spent $4.3M,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 101

Are NIL deals public information? If Georgia spent $4.3M,

Feb 8, 2023, 10:03 PM

is there a requirement that they must detail who gets what? Do the athletes know what deals each other strikes?
Still just mind-boggling to me that EVERYBODY with an interest in cfb knew that NIL was coming- for years. Yet neither the NCAA, conferences, AD’s or individual institutions had a plan that suggested a way forward? Did the 75% of college football teams that rarely make the top 25 think they had a prayer of being competitive when open bidding becomes the the primary recruiting tool? Impossible for me to fathom that, with the countless billions of dollars contributed to the GDP by college football and it’s merchandising, nobody said “ Let’s make a plan”?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: Are NIL deals public information? If Georgia spent $4.3M,

Feb 8, 2023, 10:07 PM

UGA didn’t spend $4.3M on NIL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 10:48 PM

$4.3M on recruiting. I would bet NIL deal values in total are much higher, particularly if Day "needed" 13M for his roster management.

Im not buying that Georgia spent $4.3M on NIL.***

Feb 8, 2023, 10:55 PM

Re: Im not buying that Georgia spent $4.3M on NIL.***

Feb 9, 2023, 7:54 AM

Did I miss the part where Jackorange said "If" Georgia spent $4.3 million?

Feb 9, 2023, 9:39 AM

It was reported that they spent that on RECRUITING, not on NIL. Those are two different things but people seem to be mixing them up these days. The school cannot spend any money on NIL.

Feb 9, 2023, 10:10 AM

Uga has been spending money on that stuff forever. It’s just legal now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Are NIL deals public information? If Georgia spent $4.3M, ]

Yes. 4.3 on recruiting. Not NIL

I wonder if part of that was for the recruiting staff

Feb 8, 2023, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Are NIL deals public information? If Georgia spent $4.3M, ]

that provided uber service?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2023, 10:54 PM

Georgia has won 2 straight National Championships because they have great players and great coaches. Georgia has been a top football destination for decades even though they have had some tough years just like every other school.

Feb 9, 2023, 5:40 AM

I think the question is how much did these great players cost monetarily through NIL.

I’m sure no one would disclose that information.

Biggest NIL budgets?

GA, A&M, Bama, OSU… anyone disagree with that list?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Feb 9, 2023, 5:47 AM

There was thought on what they thought they were creating initially in terms of paying players for their name and picture. That’s not going on, and if it was it would not be at the rates some of these guys are hauling in.

It’s now highest bidder and I’m not real sure if anything NIL plays any part of it. I have seen 2 commercials that had a college player and one of those was a women playing lacrosse.

Needs to be capped, but there is still no oversight so not sure there is a solution until they figure out how to police it.

MEG

No. NIL deals are not public information?

Feb 9, 2023, 6:21 AM

“Did the 75% of college football teams that rarely make the top 25 think they had a prayer of being competitive when open bidding becomes the the primary recruiting tool?”

They aren’t competitive now without NIL. They knew they wouldn’t be competitive with NIL. Rich by and large get richer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. NIL deals are not public information?

Feb 9, 2023, 7:29 AM

Yea basically it boils down to the number of alumni from your school.

MEG

Feb 9, 2023, 8:36 AM

boils down to number of rich* alumni

Feb 9, 2023, 8:42 AM

Don't even have to be rich if you have 100's of people paying in.

MEG

And, is Little Nell still tied to the railroad tracks? So,

Feb 9, 2023, 7:57 AM

so many questions, none of which have answers at this point in time. NIL is a slow Bronco chase trainwreck in the making. It will just have to play out on its own terms, as it seems the NCAA has ceded power and washed its hands of the whole mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2023, 8:20 AM

Maybe you should spend 4.3 million on your reading comprehension.

Their recruiting department spent 4.3 million recruiting players.

I'm gonna say it real loud for the people in the back who are still too slackjawed to figure it out...UNIVERSITIES ARE NOT PAYING NIL MONEY

Feb 9, 2023, 8:41 AM

Maybe you should spend 4.3 million on your reading comprehension.

Their recruiting department spent 4.3 million recruiting players.

I'm gonna say it real loud for the people in the back who are still too slackjawed to figure it out...UNIVERSITIES ARE NOT PAYING NIL MONEY

So who tells who what money to pay what player. I'm sure its some slush fund set up by the university. Have the Iptay members not received emails encouraging to give to the NIL fund.

By the way Dabo I payed player (A) 500,000 to come play for Clemson. Well we do not need or want player (A). In this scenario is the school not involved? Saban has already said he was not going to pay x amount of dollars for a player that has not even been on the field. Needless to say he moved on. Absolutely in the current model the fans set up the slush fund but the coaching staff decides what money they want to offer what player.

MEG

No, it should be, but it isn't. The last thing ESPN/SEC and

Feb 9, 2023, 9:59 AM

others want is all the NIL details getting out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, NIL deals aren't public and in their current rules never

Feb 9, 2023, 10:26 AM

will be. The schools themselves have to technically stay at arms length of them, so FOI requests can't dig up the info for those that are public institutions. And nothing should be mind-boggling about the NCAA being behind the curve and forced into this situation by the courts, or that some agreement can't be had amongst institutions for the greater good because they're all greedy and work within the conference system for their greater good.

Feb 9, 2023, 10:28 AM

What exactly does a $4.3M recruiting budget mean? Seriously? How much is Clemson's recruiting budget? Does it mean they are paying for more visits, plane tix, staff? If spending more money on recruiting automatically translates into top classes, as Kirby proposes, why doesn't everyone spend $4M plus on recruiting? It's pretty small number in the scheme of things....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic