Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone remember the Troy game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 985

Anyone remember the Troy game?

Sep 19, 2021, 8:06 AM

Watson stunk it up barely throwing for 50% with two interceptions and we won 30-24. We went to win our first national championship since 1981. Until it’s confirmed that we’re out of the playoff hunt, I’m gonna hold out hope that we can right the ship and turn things around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense also gave up 43 that year in a loss

Sep 19, 2021, 8:12 AM

to Pitt because we couldnt make in game adjustments to a shovel pass. It happens. I'm with you.

Offense never really clicked that year until the last few games and playoffs. But when it did...

Re: Anyone remember the Troy game?

Sep 19, 2021, 8:47 PM

That year we opened with Auburn and were really poor offensively, then the Troy game, then we finally woke up against Louisville, who was a great team that year we just broke them and stole their souls and swag and they couldn’t recover. So it goes both ways, we might be about to explode, but even in those first two games we didn’t look this “off” on offense, UGA might have broken our offense like we did to Louisville that year, or maybe we will figure things out. I think if it was just one game maybe two I could see that comparison, but you have to remember that team earned a lot of goodwill on the previous year, we were similar to OSU last year, just focused on getting back to Bama but eventually woke up and realized if we didn’t handle business we would never get a shot at them. I would say your analogy/comparison is closer to Trevor’s sophomore year when he finally “woke up” at halftime vs Louisville. Anyway, I hope we figure it out but we just look broken mentally on offense right now, like what we did to Louisville in 2016.

But we scored 30.

Sep 19, 2021, 8:54 PM

I don’t think this offense could score 30 on that Troy team.

We only managed 3 against Georgia and 14 against Georgia Tech.

This offense has way more issues than that 2016 offense did. One subpar game is understandable, especially early in the season.

This team’s poor offensive performances are a trend. A very, very concerning trend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Anyone remember the Troy game?

Sep 19, 2021, 9:00 PM

Troy only lost one game that year.

Replies: 4
| visibility 985
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic