Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone been to a game at Cameron Indoor?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Anyone been to a game at Cameron Indoor?

Jan 23, 2022, 9:44 AM

Miraculously got a ticket for Tuesdays game and am curious about what to expect (besides personally witnessing poor ACC officiating). I got a general admission ticket so I'll be on the ends of the bleachers with the Crazies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have

Jan 23, 2022, 9:53 AM

It feels like a high school gym, but the trophies outside the entrance and the banners will quickly remind you that you're inside the home of one of college basketball's winningest programs.

It's a very simple design.

When I saw it, I thought that Littlejohn Coliseum was the better facility.

Just my opinion.

Re: Anyone been to a game at Cameron Indoor?

Jan 23, 2022, 9:58 AM

Enjoy! Should be on all sports fans "to do" list. Like you, got a ticket a couple of years ago. Really cool to experience....get their early and just take it all in. Cool how they are so organized about getting the crazies in place, and how they make sure they are packed in tight, row by row. Don't know if that is impacted by Covid or not. The organized chants are loud! Also, tour through Krzyzewskiville - when I was the UNC was a week away and that place was packed with tents and students everywhere. Also, allow time to tour through the adjoining trophy room and display area....cool as well.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2022, 10:06 AM

Would love to go there...to take a dook on center court.

Jan 23, 2022, 10:13 AM

I have not seen a game there but I have shot basketball there!

Back in the day a buddy of mine that was a Duke grad and we’re on a road trip and stopped of at the campus (I had never been)

We ended up walking into Cameron just to check it out and there were basketballs on a rack so we helped ourselves

About 45 minutes later Coach K and a few players and a couple of trainer types came in on opposite end from where we were shooting

They asked us to rack the balls when we were done

Then a couple minutes later a trainer said he had to put the balls away so we got about an hour to shoot

Pretty cool

Just like a high school gym.....

This was in late May leading into Memorial Day weekend

Jan 23, 2022, 10:27 AM

Went to a Duke-Penn game there and Denzel Washington was sitting a few seats away. His son played for Penn.

Jan 23, 2022, 10:47 AM

I wasn't aware they had general admission tickets for the public.

If it's a student ticket, you'd better have a student id.

It's a great place to watch a game. Only a few bad nosebleed seats that are obstructed viewing.

The floor level end zone across from the band is the grad student section.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2022, 11:09 AM

I checked with my Duke coworker and apart from the UNC game, they sell general admissions tickets for the bleachers (section at the ends by the baseline) for Iron Duke club members who don't have season tickets.

Been several times, but never sat in the lower bleachers.

Jan 23, 2022, 10:47 AM

Even saw us win there once!

Used to be a cool experience. But now you’ll just have a bunch of people walking around you with their faces covered up…like you’re in a weird dream or sci-fi movie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been several times, but never sat in the lower bleachers.

Jan 23, 2022, 12:25 PM

A big reason is that duke hospitals have had zero icu beds for awhile due to covid. If everyone got sick at once people would literally start dying waiting to see doctors like what happened in Texas last year.

If everyone gets sick at once…

Jan 23, 2022, 1:20 PM

99.9% of them will be home with a 2-day cold.

Plus, don’t you think most of them have the injections?
Why would they be dying while they wait to get into a hospital?
??

Re: If everyone gets sick at once…

Jan 23, 2022, 2:04 PM

It's not the covid people you should be worried about. People with heart attacks, gun shots, car accidents... wont get a room or be seen immediately.

Duke Hospital has been at 100% capacity for ICU beds for 2 months now.
https://data.commercialappeal.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/facility/duke-university-hospital/340030/

This is how it is at many hospitals around the country. A lot are talking about opening up outdoor ICU tents again.

Hospitals are businesses.

Jan 23, 2022, 2:32 PM

Do they want to always have a certain percentage of beds empty?

Also- why have they fired good employees for not getting an injection?

yes

Jan 23, 2022, 10:53 AM

by far one of the coolest places to watch ball.
dook students were relentless. every time terrell mcintyre touched the ball the noise level tripled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: yes

Jan 23, 2022, 11:16 AM

anywhere else the would be called out for being the boorish dukeholes they are but since its Duke they are glorified by the media

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes

Jan 23, 2022, 11:33 AM

Relative of mine is a wealthy donor at Duke, gave me two tickets for the Clemson game a couple of years back, the crazies are just that, got there way to early , had to walk by them , as they were lined up in turnstiles, started yelling and screaming at me wearing my bright orange Clemson sweatshirt! The best of the night was my reaction from the people around me at the game sitting 10 rows up behind Dukes bench, trying to figure out how I ended up with great seats looking into Dukes huddle! Bucket list sporting event for sure!

Jan 23, 2022, 12:22 PM

It's a great home team advantage. I swear when the crowd gets going you can feel the roof shake. There's much nicer fancier courts but that place sure does have mojo going on.

Jan 23, 2022, 12:31 PM

I’ve been, pretty awesome. End of the crazies bench is where I sat for a clemson Duke game and it was where Duke went into their locker pretty cool experience. Shelton Mitchell almost hit a runner to win it also. Side note: if you go to a Duke football game there are free tours of Cameron (at least pre Covid) and you get to go out on the floor. Pretty awesome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2022, 1:47 PM

Once, many years ago with a Duke grad. Michigan’s fab 5 came to Cameron for regular season game the year after the 2 teams played in Final 4. Awesome venue for high level hoops. Worst seat in the arena is the announcer’s booth in the rafters.

I dunked on their hoop once

Jan 23, 2022, 12:46 PM

Though the court was setup for volleyball at the time and hoops were stacked on the side. Court is often open midweek.

Game will be fun. I’ve sat in the corners a few times with friends. Always a good time.

Years ago we even put my baby in their rim.

I’ve been to Cameron once . . .

Jan 23, 2022, 12:48 PM

Got the tickets from a Sumter friend that played for and was recruited by Coach Bill Foster . . . Clarke Bynum. Our Tigers prevailed for a narrow victory over the Dookies that night . . .

The place was crazy and believe it or not, the four of us were treated really well . . . even in their loss!!!

Magical night Indeed . . . I’ll never forget that opportunity and will always be grateful to Clarke and remember that he left us way too soon, passing from cancer at the young age of 45 back in 2007.

Jan 23, 2022, 1:16 PM

Be prepared to be heckled by a bunch of nerds.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

many years ago

Jan 23, 2022, 2:37 PM

before the coach K era

back then it was just another old medium-sized arena; nothing like the atmosphere these days

growing up in eastern NC back in the day, it wasn't hard to get tickets to dook or NCSU games (the Thompson era in Raleigh being the exception)
tickets to UNC games were not nearly as easy to get... unless you had student connections, then it was possible to get in on a student ID

i remember getting into Reynolds on the State campus for $2 with a high school ID to see dook-NCSU... had to be 1976 or 77

Jan 23, 2022, 3:23 PM

I saw the Tigers miss a last second shot to lose 64-62 there in 2017. My daughter was a resident at the hospital there and got us the tickets. I’m a massive hater of anything Duke basketball, especially Coach K but felt like it was a bucket list “must do”. Even from the last row in the upper corner, the whole event was surreal. I gotta give them credit- the place is oozing atmosphere, history, you name it. Just an incredible experience. Have a great time.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic