Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Corso?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Corso?

Oct 2, 2022, 2:35 PM

And say what you may, even Herbie commented the last segment of the show was void & different of the normal anticipation of Corso's world famous Head Pick & the hilarious laughter from all.

Lee will be missed when his long & unique to college football gig is finally over.

His story goes way back when he was a QB with the Red Tide of Alabama (<~ Correction: FSU) and several coaching stints with UL & Northern Illinois (I believe) and then a HC in one of those new Semi-NFL Leagues.

Later in life, you young bucks, you will only hope you can have a career like his Plus be working into your late 80's after a stroke and making a cool Mil$.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corso went to Bama?

Oct 2, 2022, 2:38 PM

I know he was a QB for FSU. Was there an NIL deal back then so he transferred to Bama?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corso went to Bama?

Oct 2, 2022, 2:43 PM

I thought he was an RB @ FSU. “Sunshine Scooter” was coach at Louisville too

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corso went to Bama?

Oct 2, 2022, 3:45 PM

He played QB and cornerback

Heard somewhere that he was watching games and

Oct 2, 2022, 2:42 PM

tweeting with the crew...supposedly dialed in his pick (the Tiger head). Haven't seen anything saying how he is doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Lee Corso?

Oct 2, 2022, 2:43 PM

I like Corso and agree that Gameday won’t be the same whenever he’s gone. I never get a lot of the hate some on here throw at him. People give him hate but then everyone always seems to tune in to see what his head pick is each week. I know he said we’re overrated but he has a right to his opinion and we shouldn’t be so sensitive about it.

Re: Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Lee Corso?

Oct 2, 2022, 4:12 PM

I was really lobbying for a sign that said “Corso is Overrated “. I don’t hate the man at all, just doing the same thing he was doing when he said Clemson is overrated. It is all in fun - both ways. Same as the “Corso curse” that makes fans not want him to pick us. I don’t think most fans that comment on him “hate” him anymore than I believe he really hates Clemson, and I don’t think he does. He is in the entertainment business.

Re: Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Corso?

Oct 2, 2022, 3:17 PM

And say what you may, even Herbie commented the last segment of the show was void & different of the normal anticipation of Corso's world famous Head Pick & the hilarious laughter from all.

Lee will be missed when his long & unique to college football gig is finally over.

His story goes way back when he was a QB with the Red Tide of Alabama (<~ Correction: FSU) and several coaching stints with UL & Northern Illinois (I believe) and then a HC in one of those new Semi-NFL Leagues.

Later in life, you young bucks, you will only hope you can have a career like his Plus be working into your late 80's after a stroke and making a cool Mil$.

We all get old(I'm in my 70's) This alone does not mean you do a good job. He has been bad at everything he has done---except making money.

Agree to disagree. I’ll miss Corso when he hangs it up.

Oct 2, 2022, 4:45 PM

He has been fun as a member of Game Day.

As an aside, I watched a little more of GD yesterday since it was at Clemson. I had commented on it being a bit rough the little I watched earlier in the season but I thought the cast did well this week. Even that wackado new guy…I think he’ll calm down once he zeroes in on his voice. Right now he’s trying too hard to be outrageous and it’s a bit annoying and unnecessary.

I didn’t see the woman reporter who I thought was pretty weak when I watched her earlier this season.

null

Re: Any news on our GAMEDAY "Friend" Corso?

Oct 2, 2022, 5:04 PM

He is in the hopspital in Seneca. Broadcast did not make it sound like he was in our area, but he is. Wishing him well. Great atmosphere yesterday from early to Late in the night. Go Tigers!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic