GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Another reason to hate ESPN/Disney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 11  

Another reason to hate ESPN/Disney

[4]
Oct 1, 2022, 9:52 AM

Woke up to watch GameDay this morning and found out Sling lost a contract dispute with Disney effective today.. I mean, are you kidding me? Not even a heads up? REALLY don't wanna go to a sports bar to watch games!

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: Another reason to hate ESPN/Disney

[2]
Oct 1, 2022, 9:55 AM

I love sports, so I love ESPN.

flag link

[1]
Oct 1, 2022, 9:58 AM

Yeah, wouldn't it be fantastic if I could actually WATCH them though? it's all about dollars. Who do you think is gonna pay for that Big 10 mega TV contract just signed

Oct 1, 2022, 10:14 AM

I never have a problem with them.. Maybe I am a sociopath. I watch the sports don't think about anything else.

flag link

[2]
Oct 1, 2022, 9:58 AM

youtube tv. problem solved

flag link

Easy solution

[3]
Oct 1, 2022, 9:59 AM

Do a free trial with YouTubeTV or Hulu. That will get you through the weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Easy solution

[1]
Oct 1, 2022, 10:02 AM

Yeah, I'm looking at that Fubo free trial. By the way, to the individual who gave me a TD for that...nice... continue your love fest.

Re: Easy solution

Oct 1, 2022, 11:07 AM

Except if you're renting rooms in your house so you can retire in Joe Biden's world. There is no way you can get enough band width with more than 5 TV's streaming at the same time. I guess I could just 'unplug' everyone else TV and have them get there own TV. What would Joe Biden do? WWJBD LOL

flag link

That really hits the tailgaters hard

Oct 1, 2022, 10:08 AM

Those with DISH are up a creek.

flag link

Re: That really hits the tailgaters hard

Oct 1, 2022, 10:17 AM

Yeah. was reading into it a bit, Dish too. A lot of thrown remotes happening this morning I'm betting lol

People wonder why their cable and stream bill keeps going up

[4]
Oct 1, 2022, 10:26 AM

ESPN paying billions of dollars to the SEC means Disney has to pass that bill to DirectTV, DISH, YouTubeTV, SLING, etc., and then we, the consumer, get to pay for the providers' cost. It is simple economics and is what happens when you have monopolies like Disney.

So basically, congrats, we all get to pay for the SEC network, and in a way, we are all giving the chickens money to a higher degree than we are giving Clemson money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Oct 1, 2022, 10:57 AM

It's the same thing with Dish. No ESPN. I hear that Disney wants one billon more dollars to start showing ESPN again. I bet Disney's phone lines are ringing off the hook right about now!!!!

flag link

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Other
FOR SALE: Orange Bowl South Beach 4 Club level tickets

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
1809 people have read this post