Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Angel Campos/umpire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 51

Angel Campos/umpire

Jun 5, 2023, 10:34 AM

After the decision to eject Cannarella, several of us asked for a statement from the umpires (and Campos) on what happened and we never heard a peep. Erik Bakich said he still doesn't know. I know Denton (the TN player) had been doing a lot of talking, both teams had been warned, and it appears he was jawing again and Cannarella responded (and got tossed).

Campos was fired from MLB because he's soft and thin-skinned. Google Campos and Matt Kemp - Kemp wanted to kill him that day. I remember another game in KC where Matt Treanor was tossed and it was because of a conversation he was having with Campos (just the two of them, not heated), and then manager Ned Yost got ejected.

As I've been told, most players and coaches think he's garbage. They just can't say it publicly.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Angel Campos/umpire

Jun 5, 2023, 10:37 AM

Thanks David!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 10:37 AM

That's why he remains garbage because no one will call his soory ### out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 10:40 AM

I can say it publicly, David......Campos is GARBAGE! Let the NCAA come after me in Wild Hog! Why shoot, let Campos pay me a visit.........I bet I could make him cry like a 2-year old for his Mama.

Jun 5, 2023, 10:40 AM

The umpires are consistently terrible the whole weekend lol. I think every team was unhappy

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct

Jun 5, 2023, 10:46 AM

As soon as I heard the announcers say "Head crew chief Angel Campos", I remembered him getting sacked from MLB for having Napoleon syndrome. It kind of sucks that he landed in college ball and gets to continue his shenanigans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 10:49 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/ump-that-tossed-cam-got-tossed-from-mlb-in-2014-32859562

Why did the NCAA hire him???

Jun 5, 2023, 10:54 AM

How can they justify his being a college umpire, especially as he continues actions that got him fired from MLB?

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Why did the NCAA hire him???

Jun 5, 2023, 10:39 PM

NCAA is in the business of hiring castoffs and incompetents. Not surprised about Compost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: Why did the NCAA hire him???

Jun 6, 2023, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Why did the NCAA hire him??? ]

They have been rewarding incompetence for years

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong board, Hood!***

Jun 5, 2023, 10:56 AM

Jun 5, 2023, 10:56 AM

Do I hear you correctly, an umpire does not need to reference a reason for ejection to the coach??

How is that allowed or did coach Bakich not offer up the reason. There was plenty of jawing going on in the game, but my word why interject yourself into that as an umpire. Talking trash is part of sports. The best umpire/ref is the one you DO NOT SEE because they do their job and put blinders on because competition breeds trash talk, just do not listen to it.

More like Angel COMPOST amirite?***

Jun 5, 2023, 11:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 11:06 AM

Go back an watch the two reviews in extra innings at first base. When Tenn turned the DP to get out of the inning he came back on the field after the review, stopped between home and the mound, and gave a very emphatic punch out. When Grice's dive to first was reviewed, he came back on the field and gave a ho-hum out signal without even stopping his walk to the mid field. He hated making that call and loved the first one. If you can bear watching the replay, go look for yourself. My wife, who could care less about the game, called it out immediately.

Jun 10, 2023, 1:12 PM

I called it out too. I still think they shouldn’t have been able to overturn the call, but these umps are gun ho to get as many sec teams into Omaha. It’s literally like they’re trying to screw Clemson every time they have a good thing. The only thing that stopped Clemson was umpiring the last 20 games. If not for ludicrous calls and giving extra strikes that game would’ve been over in the top of the 9th. No way Tennessee should’ve been in Clemson’s regional. Texas A&M was lower seeded and ranked and went to 8 national seed Stanford why wasn’t Tennessee shipped out like Clemson has been done so many times. Oregon state, Pepperdine etc we all remember ncaa is NCAASEC

Crazy that he still has a good umpiring job.***

Jun 5, 2023, 11:13 AM

hi strike zone neeeeedddddsssss work.***

Jun 5, 2023, 12:10 PM

He cost us the Regional!***

Jun 5, 2023, 7:52 PM

Jun 5, 2023, 12:23 PM

serious question - why can't our AD file complaint / demand inquiry into why an official who was fired with cause from mlb and is doing the same thing in the college ranks needs to be employed. It doesn't need to be about fairness to Clemson. It should be about professionalism. It lends a terrible appearance to the NCAA and NCAA tourney. It should be handled quietly and professionally - but he shouldn't work again and, if he does, he should go nowhere near a Clemson game again. Raging about it in a press conference would accomplish nothing. But our AD shouldn't brush it off. People of much lower stature in the grand scheme of things make hiring decisions about officials. They should feel some pain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 7:19 PM

I guess no one has the guts to follow through. That’s why he’s still doing what got him fired from MLB!

Jun 5, 2023, 12:47 PM

This person obviously has a mental problem. He should never be allowed to be on a baseball field of any kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, Campos fits my assessment of him ...

Jun 5, 2023, 12:57 PM

a little man with a little power to wield it over situations he can control. He is a biased underling serving a nefarious purpose in a corrupt organization. I assume his first name is Fallen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 5, 2023, 1:08 PM

I am still just in shock that the NCAA hired him. It takes a LOT of bad to be fired from MLB as an umpire… and the NCAA hires him? Talk about picking up someone else’s trash…

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 1:12 PM

No kidding

Once you get to the bigs it’s virtually impossible to be fired the way the union is set up

He must be hot smelly garbage with day old opossum poop on top

Here's the story on camPOS and Treanor - no video available:

Jun 5, 2023, 1:16 PM

https://thebaseballcodes.com/category/umpire-relations/matt-treanor/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 5, 2023, 1:22 PM

Is he getting to continue through the supers after that sorry exhibition?

Clemson will never….

Jun 5, 2023, 1:29 PM

Play in another game where he is umpiring….

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 4:45 PM

What is ironic, if I heard correctly (from the asnnouncers), it is because of Tennessee last year and their scumbag coach (that trickled down to his players) and his behavior that this rule was instituted this year. Now it appears that they may have again started the chirping and Cam was only replying to their mouthing off.

Jun 5, 2023, 6:22 PM

Hey TigerLinks,

On another thread you mentioned that there were 13 ways for the Clemson runner to score from third with the bases jammed and no outs. Just piqued my curiosity. Am I missing any or wrong on any below?

1. Walk
2. Balk
3. Defensive Interference
4. Error
5. Sac fly
6. Ground Ball
7. Bunt
8. Hit (Single or Grand Salami)
9. Wild Pitch
10. Passed Ball
11. Steal of home
12. Hit batter
12. Errant throw from catcher to pitcher, allowing runner to score.

I'm guessing I probably have forgotten something. Let me know. Thanks.

Jun 5, 2023, 10:28 PM

You forgot that 12 can’t be used twice.

Here's the article and video

Jun 5, 2023, 5:33 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/don-mattingly-calls-matt-kemps-ejection-unacceptable/

https://youtu.be/MQfsJw0Wvrc

Re: Here's the article and video

Jun 5, 2023, 7:13 PM

Our administration appears nutless. and have been since 1981

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2023, 9:16 PM

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2023, 9:53 PM

Two things.

Denton can say what he wants especially when Ammons drops a 89 mph fastball inner half of the plate and ruins the ninth…

Bases loaded and no outs…Clemson executes and Campos is a dead issue.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Yes! Thank you David. This is why I’m a paying member!!!

Jun 5, 2023, 10:44 PM

I do enjoy original content.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic