Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An ugly season is about to get uglier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

An ugly season is about to get uglier

Oct 17, 2021, 8:07 AM

Unfortunately, most right-thinking people expect that Pitt will embarrass Clemson in their game this coming Saturday. Clemson's D will keep it close in the first half, but the cumulative effect of the CU O's three-and-outs will wear down the D by the end of the 3rdQ ... and Pitt will win by 14-17 points. Even worse, unless changes are made and/or miracles happen, Clemson will barely be bowl-eligible. UConn and Louisville are probably W's, and while the Tigers will likely be favored in all the remaining games (after Pitt), who knows? It is confounding how a team with a pre-season #2 ranking can end the season possibly unranked and actually fighting to play in a bowl that nobody would care about. But the howling will really (potentially) start sometime during the evening of November 27th. Just sayin' ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An ugly season is about to get uglier

Oct 17, 2021, 8:10 AM

Dogfight and comes down to the wire.

Oct 17, 2021, 10:21 AM

I hope so but reality is setting in at this point …Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2021, 1:17 PM

Pitt is solid, but there is no reason it won't be close. The OP was calling that they will blow us out.

On the scoreboard maybe

Oct 17, 2021, 3:32 PM

Our game with UGA was “close” but for anyone who watched it, it wasn’t. We couldn’t move the ball, at all. We haven’t been able to move the ball, at all. There is a large enough sample size to trust the stats on that. Our O is bad.

So you say there’s no reason it won’t be close, answer me why it will be. My only answer would be that our defense holds them to 14 and is able to turn them over so we can kick field goals.

With that said; go tigers, I hope we win going away and have 600 yards of offense

Fan Duel has us listed as a 3 point favorite

Oct 17, 2021, 8:15 AM

Spread: CLEM: -3 (-110) | PITT: +3 (-110)

Clemson hasn't beat the spread once this season

Oct 17, 2021, 8:30 AM

Just sayin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson hasn't beat the spread once this season

Oct 17, 2021, 8:32 AM

Still think we are/should win though… just sayin.

Oct 17, 2021, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Clemson hasn't beat the spread once this season ]

Surely that means Pitt is a cinch to win - maybe you should take the money line and bet everything you have on Pitt. That kind of thinking ALWAYS pays off against Vegas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Oct 17, 2021, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Clemson hasn't beat the spread once this season ]

xtiger said:

Just sayin

This one is a no brainer. You take Pitt and the points. When we go to a prevent or nickel the opponent is going right down the field. Happened against Tech, BC, Cuse, and State. Go Tigers

Oct 17, 2021, 8:15 AM

Nice Vandy win coot.

Great response where were you educated cootville?

Oct 17, 2021, 8:29 AM

Someone expresses an opinion that may or may not be valid and an ignorant #### best comeback is you are a coot

Go get an education

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great response where were you educated cootville?

Oct 17, 2021, 9:04 AM

That was one of the dumbest post I have ever read. There have been some really stupid post!
Your response of get an education was pretty dumb!

Oct 17, 2021, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Great response where were you educated cootville? ]

You said anyone who think Clemson might win isn’t “right thinking.” Where were you educated?

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Oct 17, 2021, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Great response where were you educated cootville? ]

2 degrees from Clemson keeps me from getting gut hooked by the trolls. Do better.

Oct 17, 2021, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Great response where were you educated cootville? ]

Hey I got one!shut your pie hole coot

Wow, sounds like you believe in Eeyoorian Predestination!

Oct 17, 2021, 8:16 AM

Since you already know how the season turns out, why bother posting? The rest of us will keep an open mind, and a spark of hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2021, 9:43 AM

If you think Pitt is going to embarrass Clemson you are delusional. Every game we play the rest of the year is going to be close. I guess the number one team in the country couldn’t embarrass Clemson, but you expect Pitt too. Get real. Clemson defense with the injuries will still be the toughest d Pitt plays all year. 20 - 17 type game.

Oct 17, 2021, 9:58 AM

I think we see a situation like NC State.

Offense will be abysmal and the defense will not be able to get off the field.

IF the offensive performance trend continues, and there is no indication that it will not, I think we drop this one 24-13. I am preparing myself for a slow death where Pickett picks the defense apart and actually connects on a couple of bombs that NC State missed. How Pitt lost to the directional school is beyond me and a head scratcher.

This being said. I think we still finish with max 4 losses. Which is really not acceptable in this conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a reality we are all struggling with.

Oct 17, 2021, 10:22 AM

Many are still in denial. I know there are a hundred different rationalizations, some having merit while many are just excuses, but it's hard to fathom how a team can go from consistently having one of the most potent offenses in the country to having one of the absolute worst in one year. The really frustrating part is that our coaches are as baffled as we are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't get on here much anymore...

Oct 17, 2021, 10:24 AM

But as in the past I'm usually lock stock in step with you on your opinion.

Re: It's a reality we are all struggling with.

Oct 17, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to It's a reality we are all struggling with. ]

What’s baffling to me is that anyone thinks it’s baffling and further that you think our coaches don’t know what is going on just because they aren’t hitting the panic button in some very public facing way.

I appreciate your honest response. I'm pretty sure having

Oct 17, 2021, 1:22 PM

the worst offense in the ACC and the worst offense at Clemson in decades is not what our coaches expect or expected, and it's very obvious that they have no solutions, given the fact that after 6 games there is little improvement, so yes, they are clearly baffled. I understand that they won't "hit the panic button" by throwing players and coaches under the bus, and I'm cool with that. At this point, I'd just like to see an offense better than GT or Syracuse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They aren’t baffled

Oct 17, 2021, 3:30 PM

The worries are worried they are and the coots hope they are, but they’re not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to It's a reality we are all struggling with. ]

Yeah it is really astounding to come to terms with…not only is this one of the worst offenses in the country this year…given the talent we have on the field on offense from a star rating and potential standout and combo that with our past offensive success and the expectations coming into the year…this could possibly be the worst offense of all time in college football given the potential and expectations!!!

Oct 17, 2021, 10:33 AM

It isn’t even close to the worst offense of all time. Obviously you qualify it with “potential and expectations” which is unquantifiable and still extreme hyperbole. Take a pill and quit reveling in Clemson’s struggle and remember what it is like to actually root for a team rather than just enjoy easy wins.

Classic!

Oct 17, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a reality we are all struggling with. ]

You Vandy champs can’t get out of your own way, even on a troll attempt. Smh.

Oct 17, 2021, 3:15 PM [ in reply to It's a reality we are all struggling with. ]

$10 million and $2milion equals $12 million. If I just had the $12 million, I could stay happily baffled for life. Being poor and baffled is no fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2021, 1:14 PM

"Right thinking people" means people who think as I do ??.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Oct 17, 2021, 1:21 PM

We did score 2 tds. That is an improvement. Maybe we can get 3 this week. 24-17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2021, 4:07 PM

I guess you are one of those right thinking folks that see the glass half empty You don’t seem to be an all in tiger fan Maybe you are from that other network

Oct 17, 2021, 4:24 PM

Wow. BRB, going to jump off a bridge after reading that.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic