Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An overlooked possibility with "project players"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

An overlooked possibility with "project players"

Jan 16, 2022, 10:21 PM

In this new era of NIL and transferring at will, I wonder if some of these guys who weren't that highly regarded will not be chasing the NIL money as much (see Quinn Ewers). I think lower rated guys may have the gratitude and humility that can't be taught, but must be earned. Loyalty follows.

Just a thought. It could be that Dabo is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An overlooked possibility with "project players"

Jan 16, 2022, 10:41 PM

Also what I've thought about the whole thing as well. I think with college football evolving and transfer portal going wild. Development on less recruited players will be detrimental now more than ever just to keep people around and find those hidden stars. Especially with some (not all) higher rated players chasing immediate starting time and NIL money.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2022, 11:01 PM

Only a small % of players in college football will make enough money to have to pay taxes.

Jan 17, 2022, 9:29 AM

Exactly. Just like in America, only the 1% of college football players are really going to have any life changing benefit here and the ones getting the most benefits were already on course to make loads of money.

Most of them will be getting free meals, merchandise, and maybe a car to drive around for a year or two.

I think it also bears keeping in mind that these kids have

Jan 17, 2022, 9:34 AM

had 2 years of football development botched by COVID protocols. Granted 2021 wasn't as bad, but these high schoolers have been impacted. The impacts aren't solely on the field, maturity, social development, etc have all been impacted. For many of them, the star rankings are from camp attendance, which has likely been impacted by COVID over the last 2 years - so there are going to be a fair number of guys that look good on paper than they do on the field. If there is any time since the recruiting publications became big business, this year and last year are likely going to be the two biggest years for overrated 5 star kids and under the radar kids.

We're talking about guys on the last 10 scholarships or so

Jan 17, 2022, 9:35 AM

two routes you can take. Recruit all 4-5 stars and have a revolving door through the portal. Or look for guys who want to develop and may emerge as quality contributors. We're already going to have attrition through the portal, recruiting a few so-called projects per class would bring stability. And we have a track record of developing these type players

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic