Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Always thought Notre Dame would & should join BIG10..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Always thought Notre Dame would & should join BIG10..

Jul 1, 2022, 6:18 PM

and that ACC never had a chance to get them..especially with the unequal TV $ between the 2 conferences.

However, they did enjoy the high academic standards of ACC, I remember.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always thought Notre Dame would & should join BIG10..

Jul 1, 2022, 10:49 PM

B1G has overall higher academic standards than the ACC, when considering FL State, Louisville, & VA Tech are in our conference. Maybe Illinois is in the general ballpark of FSU, LOU, and VAT, but I'm really not sure ... I haven't looked anything up.

The elite academic institute in the ACC is Duke; Notre Dame & GA Tech are way up there. Maybe ACC is better at the top than B1G, but weaker when considering our bottom schools.

Overall, I guess we're pretty close to BiG.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always thought Notre Dame would & should join BIG10..

Jul 2, 2022, 7:54 AM

Actually your understanding of academics within the conferences is quite skewed. There are actually many institutions within the ACC with elite academics. Boston College ranking academically is actually higher than Duke and GT. The high ranking academic institutions within the ACC (those whose average SAT scores are above or near 1400) include: BC, Duke, GT, UNC, Notre Dame, Virginia, Wake Forest. Academically, the ACC has almost more elite institutions that all the other p5 conferences combined. The SEC has just 1 - Vanderbilt, and the Big 12 has none. The reason why Notre Dame has always been interested in the ACC was because they wanted to be associated with a conference with elite academic institutions. The level of athletics and the geographics has never made sense for Notre Dame to be associated with the ACC - it has always been about academics for them. Now that money has spiraled out of control and the path to a national championship will only go through either the Big 10 or the SEC they will reluctantly finally give up their independence and join the Big 10. There was 0% chance that Notre Dame was ever going to join the ACC for football - they played us like a fiddle. As for Clemson, there is a 98% chance Clemson lands in one of the two mega conferences. Most of the remaining ACC members will not, and they and the rest of college football will suffer for it. Two elite conferences in football will not be for the better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic