Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About QB in Shotgun in End Zone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

About QB in Shotgun in End Zone

Sep 19, 2021, 5:26 AM

Can we have the QB practice a few snaps under center? You never know when you might find yourself in the end zone on offense. Be nice to simply have our big QB under center take the snap with the running back ready for a fumbled snap and just fall forward ending the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Sep 19, 2021, 5:29 AM

no we can't. That's not who we are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About QB in Shotgun in End Zone

Sep 19, 2021, 8:16 AM

I’m bewildered. Dabo who supposedly has a plan for everything doesn’t have a better plan for this situation? “That’s not who we are.” comment is very disappointing. Dabo hates entitlement among players, but we are coaching entitled like the D isn’t supposed to throw changes or we do something boneheaded like the Endzone fiasco just because that’s the way we’ve always done it. We were one bounce of the ball away from being ridiculed on highlights the way the Joe Pisarcik handoff is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 8:25 AM

We were ridiculed. Everyone is laughing at us, as they should.

Sep 19, 2021, 8:32 AM

I read a good solution to this situation in another post. Use the shotgun if "that's who we are". Have the QB hold the ball for a second or two then heave it as far as he can. Yeah we'll get a 3 inch penalty. 2nd down? Do it again.

Sep 19, 2021, 9:55 AM

Intentional grounding in the end zone is a safety, but I hear you.....

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Run a WR down a sideline... OB throw anywhere ahead of him.

Sep 19, 2021, 9:58 AM

It can't be called.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2021, 10:38 AM

You are correct. At least don’t hand off let the QB run. The best scenario is have QB under center in that situation. I think our coaches lost their mind in handing off in the end zone with 7 seconds left and then needed a touchdown to possibly win

Simple*****

Sep 19, 2021, 10:48 AM

Football should never left the quarterbacks hands ( no hand off ) %%%%%%% play to avoid fumble**

Terrible plan. If you don't think Big Cinco can handle a

Sep 19, 2021, 10:56 AM

Tom Brady play, or if you think it's a problem with the center, then have a backup center and backup qb that can come in and do that job. If you don't like that, roll the qb and then throw it near a receiver running a go route to eat some time. It's first down. You can do it three times if necessary! Personally I like the under center and bull forward method. And you certainly DON'T take a delay of game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, that delay of game w/o a TO was truly baffling... Now

Sep 19, 2021, 11:01 AM

you're inside the 1-yd. line which makes even the QB keeper tricky...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terrible plan. If you don't think Big Cinco can handle a

Sep 19, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Terrible plan. If you don't think Big Cinco can handle a ]

Yep and the whole ending of the game was a cluster. The kind of stuff you would expect to see out of Muschamp, not Dabo

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic