Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A post bdrechs put out about having to go rug shopping with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

A post bdrechs put out about having to go rug shopping with

Jan 28, 2023, 9:17 AM

his wife started the grey matter churning. What do you hate most about shopping with YOUR significant other? Mine is easy, and is also why I don't GO with her anymore. She would go clothes shopping, go into however many clothes stores were in that particular city, not missing any. She would hardly buy ANYTHING. But, invariably, we would be ten miles down the road on the way home, and she would ALWAYS say, "I should have bought __________". (You can fill in the blank, however you choose.)

Conversely, she never wanted to go shopping with me, because, like most men, I already knew what I wanted to buy before I left home, went in the store, found it, bought it, and happily was on the way home again in short order. This, of course insulted the sensibilities of someone who thought shopping HAD to be an All Day Engagement.

Amazon has made all this so much better. Search from the comfort of my recliner, compare prices, point and click, and let the delivery man do all the legwork. I think that thing might catch on.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a price to be paid for having things convenient...

Jan 28, 2023, 9:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1wDMjoTZg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A post bdrechs put out about having to go rug shopping with

Jan 28, 2023, 9:36 AM

So now our wives have more time to spend with us instead of us going fishing or hunting or golfing while they go shopping? Sounds delightful. Thanks Amazon. I am very old fashioned but I am not on board with all the at home shopping. Our society is getting lazier and lazier. Now at Chick-fil-A I see 20 something’s sitting in their cars waiting for employees to bring out their food. I guess some will say it is like the 50’s and 60’s drive ins but not even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2023, 9:38 AM

My shopping experiences with my wife were very similar with one exception. After shopping in every store available, she would invariably decide the very first item she looked at was the one she wanted and so we would go back to the first store, and almost always find the item she wanted was gone. I kept telling her to buy what she saw that she liked and that way she would get what she wanted and we could be finished waaaayy earlier.

And when she did find something and buy it, she would take it home and try it on again and decide there was something wrong so she would return it. I swear she got more satisfaction from returning something than she did from buying it.

The only thing worse than shopping with her is shopping for her. I haven’t tried to buy clothes for her in many many years. I might as well just buy them and take them straight to Goodwill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, more than once, wifey has wasted $10 worth of gas

Jan 28, 2023, 12:52 PM

returning a $5 item.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2023, 11:57 AM

You don't know how many times I have said you don't have to touch everything in the store and the touching never ceased.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic