Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2nd only to VT & A&M not sure that is good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

2nd only to VT & A&M not sure that is good

Dec 5, 2022, 7:55 PM

Thoughts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2nd only to VT & A&M not sure that is good

Dec 5, 2022, 8:01 PM

In today's college football world not really surprised. Only surprise for Clemson today for me maybe Swint transferring. Didn't really see that one coming. Saying that I think Dabo needs to dip into the said portal and help restock the cupboard. I'll be surprised if he does that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possible Swint knows who might be staying ?

Dec 5, 2022, 8:13 PM

Food for thought.

Someone posted a Hood comment yesterday about surprises by this Staff in the Portal. But as of this posting, Clemson has 24 Openings and a Recruiting Class Next Week of 23-26. Not bare yet.

Re: Possible Swint knows who might be staying ?

Dec 5, 2022, 8:46 PM

Morgan Thomas shows 27. That's not including xt or the others that could declare. We'll need 30 at a minimum.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possible Swint knows who might be staying ?

Dec 5, 2022, 9:51 PM

12 Seniors before any of them besides Putnam take COVID year and come back(Putnam's staying,might not be the only one)
4 Open Spots - We were at 81 .people forget RB Thomas is on Scholarship
9 In Portal
25 not counting any Juniors leaving early

Recruiting Class, according to reports will be 23-26 signing in Dec. We then have till Feb for NSD and any Portal activity . Didn't someone say that the NCAA now allows teams to take up to 32 ?

Just an opinion, we will be at 85 in Feb, question will be if any more leave after Spring

Several teams have blown by us since then***

Dec 5, 2022, 8:04 PM

Dec 5, 2022, 8:06 PM

So much for the culture thing.

Still asking, who is #9 ?

Dec 5, 2022, 8:09 PM

Besides misleading, other schools are losing some starters,Clemson losing the 3 deep

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2023-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24008

Davis, Pace, Collins, Allen, Williams, Swint

Dec 5, 2022, 8:27 PM

DJ, Wiles, Bentley

247 still not showing Davis THANKS

Dec 5, 2022, 8:30 PM

Way too much time in the love shack***

Dec 5, 2022, 8:31 PM

No. It is obvious that you cannot do it with just high

Dec 5, 2022, 8:11 PM

school recruits anymore. I wanted Dabo's way to work, but it only does if the players buy in and stay. I believe that the NCAA has increased the number of allowable signees to 32 per year for now to allow for the transfers out. I am not sure that you can keep replacing 3rd year players with true freshmen and remain competitive, though. I agreed with Dabo's philosophy, but it is no longer feasible. College football as we knew it is _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Re: No. It is obvious that you cannot do it with just high

Dec 5, 2022, 8:17 PM

You said what I have been thinking better than I could have. Agree 100%

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 9:40 PM

Lol, same here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 9:40 PM [ in reply to No. It is obvious that you cannot do it with just high ]

Spot on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2022, 8:44 PM

Thoughts. Does anyone really think a backup who believes they should be playing will stay as a backup ? No they want to play. You should see a ton of backups enter the portal every year. Has nothing to due with culture, kids want to play

They Believe They Superstars

Dec 5, 2022, 8:47 PM

They all think they going to the league.

Some see the financial benefit and likely have been contacted about possible compensation.

But, my goodness this is crazy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They Believe They Superstars

Dec 5, 2022, 9:52 PM

I'm gonna counter that assumption for every single player wanting to be a superstar. Some probably know this is their last chance ever playing the game and want to potentially play a full season before they never put on pads again. Besides, if a player has aspirations for wanting to be better and get a shot at the NFL, we shouldn't fault them for that. Why shoot yourself down of a dream and stay complacent?

I'm not going to sit here and say every single player that goes into the portal is a quitter b!tch boy that needs to suck it up like many on here do. Everybody's situation is different. And if money is to be made or dreams to be obtained, then let them have it d@mn. The resources are there to have a better life, USE IT!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They Believe They Superstars

Dec 5, 2022, 10:39 PM

I'm gonna counter that assumption for every single player wanting to be a superstar. Some probably know this is their last chance ever playing the game and want to potentially play a full season before they never put on pads again. Besides, if a player has aspirations for wanting to be better and get a shot at the NFL, we shouldn't fault them for that. Why shoot yourself down of a dream and stay complacent?

I'm not going to sit here and say every single player that goes into the portal is a quitter b!tch boy that needs to suck it up like many on here do. Everybody's situation is different. And if money is to be made or dreams to be obtained, then let them have it d@mn. The resources are there to have a better life, USE IT!

IF this was for me: "I didn't say they shouldn't pursue it. I was saying, why I believe they pursue it. And, yes they all pretty much think they are superstars, which to your point is why they believe they are leaving for more money. Again, most of these players will not be picked up in the portal. Only 38% last year!
So, I am not basing this off "nothing"!
It's based off the fact that despite having been told by coaches and hopefully family that their chances of making the league is like 2%.
They still believe(again, not knocking it just calling it out which is distinctly different) they are that 2%.

You want your players to believe and have that edge about them. But, you also have to hopefully have some that understand things like: the length of a NFL career, the odds of making it period, the business side of it, etc.

Not knocking the players for "shooting their shot"! Calling out "The why"! In my mind at least, distinctly different thing.

Dec 5, 2022, 8:56 PM

Bama up to 10 now.

Programs that have recruited the best

Dec 5, 2022, 9:25 PM

will naturally see a lot of transfers out every year.

Too many highly rated players and not enough playing time to go around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Programs that have recruited the best

Dec 5, 2022, 9:30 PM

Row86® said:

will naturally see a lot of transfers out every year.

Too many highly rated players and not enough playing time to go around.

Yep, agreed!

The snakes in the grass are trying to make it out to be a "culture issue"! No way. Not when other programs are trying to model their programs after Clemson's(Paw Journey in particular).

Many of the Dabo cliche sayings have been copied and remixed - "but people want to dog Clemson"! There is a reason Clemson is still one of the most coveted offers highly rated players can get.

They want that offer; many don't ever get one. Which; does get them pretty fired up when they play Clemson. Trying to show Dabo/Clemson they were good enough.

Dabo being super picky may have to adapt to the current scene. But, make no mistake people want to be at Clemson to play! But, only 11 can go out at a time and WE TOO DEEP!

Bama now has 11. Unfortunately it's the way

Dec 5, 2022, 9:47 PM

Things are since they've made it so easy to transfer.

Dec 5, 2022, 10:16 PM

If we are behind both VT and A&M that makes us third not second.

HTH

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic