Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 teams are rumored
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

2 teams are rumored

Jul 25, 2021, 11:43 AM

to be switching conferences. And it's predicted that the most popular sport in America will die as a result.

The internet is quite the place I tell ya!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 teams are rumored

Jul 25, 2021, 11:48 AM

NIL, Transfer Portal and lack of enforcement will have a much larger detrimental impact than conference realignment. NCAA is toothless and leaderless and that may be driving the conference realignment too.

Jul 25, 2021, 12:37 PM

Absolutely!!! I Believe that the way things have gotten in college sports, especially college Football, it has been because of the NCAA lack of control with enforcing the rules the same for every school breaking the same rule, but receiving a totally different punishment as the school that broke the very same rules a week/month before. It has appeared that the NCAA for years has dealt out punishment from a chart of favoritism of who you are, and who do you know. There hasn't been anything systematic about the way they handle each case of breaking the very same rule, and because of that, they have lost respect throughout college FB. The NCAA has become very immethodical about the way they have been Governing College sports as a whole!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TRUTH!!!***

Jul 25, 2021, 12:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIL was the dagger..its the wild wild west now***

Jul 25, 2021, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 teams are rumored ]

no one is predicting it will die

Jul 25, 2021, 11:56 AM

but the landscape and way we know college football is about to change drastically

Jul 25, 2021, 12:10 PM

I’ll make a prediction.

10-yrs from now FBS football will consist at least 25% fewer programs than the are today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, but you may be right. A lot of smaller or...

Jul 25, 2021, 12:33 PM

...less successful programs may just say to heck with it. They won't be able to compete in the arms race.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Interesting, but you may be right. A lot of smaller or...

Jul 25, 2021, 12:51 PM

The high profile teams are already semi-pro football teams. Let them move away from the college ranks and support themselves if they can without college alumni supporting them with contributions. Colleges need to return to their main function which is education. I, for one, do not care since I am not a football junkie. I do want Clemson to continue to support soccer and baseball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

said yesterday i predict

Jul 25, 2021, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 teams are rumored ]

an nfl type model..two conferences with 4 divisions of 5-6 teams in each division..north, south, east and west...the remainder will be like the group of five now..12 team playoff 2 teams from each division in each play off will make up 8 teams..then two wild cards from each conference to finish it out.

Re: said yesterday i predict

Jul 25, 2021, 1:33 PM

The NCAA is as laughable as the Heisman Committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2021, 1:42 PM

Patience is a learned trait that you gain as you mature. College football evolves like anything else and the sport will survive and thrive.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic