Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
(Not so) Hot Takes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

(Not so) Hot Takes

Oct 16, 2021, 12:10 AM

1.) Mukuba is the best DB on the team right now.

2.) OL needs to figure something out because they look lost.

3.) Play calling is to predictable

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: (Not so) Hot Takes

Oct 16, 2021, 12:12 AM

We ran the ball up the middle a lot better than we did at the beginning of the season. I'd like to see us attack the edges more in the run game like we did against BC.

Oct 16, 2021, 7:31 AM

Hello HotTakes ... appreciate your observations. My two cents:

(1) Mukuba is the best DB on the team ... this is true when Andrew Booth is out.

(2) OL is lost when the C position struggles so badly. COMMENT: G's and T's played pretty well, but sorry to be so hard on the C (who is small and playing his first game and got abused). OL (along with RBs and TEs to help) has to make another adjustment and figure out how to help out the C position until Rayburn gets back.

(3) Play calling is too predictable. COMMENT: Sorry to disagree, but last night's play calling was quite good. Nice mix of run and pass on 1st down; some variety on 3rd down; snaps under center for DJ went quite well (nice change; set up play action ... which is very different for us). But penalties at the WORST times and key drops (i.e., J.Ross on the drop of long pass during 1st half) are like uri _ _ _ ing in the punch bowl. We are not good enough yet to overcome such awful mistakes at the worst times.

Oct 16, 2021, 1:56 PM

The drops are mostly because DJ is unable to throw with any touch at all. Every pass is a bullet, and he throws it extremely hard. And you're insane if you're pleased with the playcalling.

Oct 16, 2021, 1:35 PM

Play calling predictable, but I think they cant open up the whole play book. Maybe it's too difficult for DJ to grasp.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic