GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!


YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
Maybe it is Elliot!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14  

Maybe it is Elliot!

[2]
Sep 18, 2021, 11:59 PM

During the ND game, DJ was basically turned loose because there was no choice but to.
Now you have a restriction of play calling and you limit his abilities? Doing that is making him self conscious?

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:06 AM

I don't think it's coach Elliott at all!
It will of course, "fall to him" by a ton of people; but if you look at some of the plays "they are there to be made"! The coach can draw it up and teach you how to execute it and drill nuances and rep it all they want. If the players aren't executing; "it really isn't their fault"!

Coach Elliott didn't drop the passes!

Coach Elliott didn't miss the block!

Coach Elliott didn't allow a secondary that shouldn't be able to keep up to stay attached!

The dropped passes alone are killing us! The QB play as it has been well mentioned is killing the offensive cohesiveness.

Coach Elliott for his part has to figure out what these Tigers on offense like and what plays they can run at a high level. Perhaps some of them are still figuring it out as opposed to "knowing what to do"! I don't know. That's what the coaches get the big bucks for.

How much would you say is on Coach Streeter out of curiosity?

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!

[2]
Sep 19, 2021, 12:12 AM

Well, TE seems to be surprised by the opposing defense each week and there is no answer on gameday. Uga surprised him and now GT surprised him. Maybe streeter needs a shot in the booth. Couldn’t hurt.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:20 AM

tigerpaw® said:

Well, TE seems to be surprised by the opposing defense each week and there is no answer on gameday. Uga surprised him and now GT surprised him. Maybe streeter needs a shot in the booth. Couldn’t hurt.




How much of the "blame" or "credit" are you giving to Streeter?

I have seen many a post about Coach Elliott; not many about Coach Streeter who is a lot more responsible for the play of the QB - seeing as he is the "QB Coach"!

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:36 AM

Good point. Streeter doesn’t call plays. I’m disappointed with the whole offense. Dabo on down. Defense is stellar, Dabo on down.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link

I’ll answer…

[4]
Sep 19, 2021, 12:36 AM

I blame them all, including Dabo. Play calling is vanilla and sucks out right sometimes. That’s Elliot. DJ’s mechanics are horrible right now That’s Streeter. At times our O-line couldn’t block a bunch of girl scouts. That’s Caldwell. And our receivers couldn’t catch pneumonia standing naked at the North Pole. That’s on Grisham and Elliot. And it all falls at Dabo’s feet because we’re three games in and there has been zero improvement.

i know the players have to execute to win. But it’s the coaches job to prepare them and put them in a position to win and right now it doesn’t feel like that is happening.

flag link

Re: I’ll answer…


Sep 19, 2021, 12:39 AM

gholliday said:

I blame them all, including Dabo. Play calling is vanilla and sucks out right sometimes. That’s Elliot. DJ’s mechanics are horrible right now That’s Streeter. At times our O-line couldn’t block a bunch of girl scouts. That’s Caldwell. And our receivers couldn’t catch pneumonia standing naked at the North Pole. That’s on Grisham and Elliot. And it all falls at Dabo’s feet because we’re three games in and there has been zero improvement.

i know the players have to execute to win. But it’s the coaches job to prepare them and put them in a position to win and right now it doesn’t feel like that is happening.




Yep! And, at the end of the day, I agree with everything you said!

flag link

Well Said brother.!***


Sep 19, 2021, 12:43 AM



flag link

Re: I’ll answer…

[1]
Sep 19, 2021, 12:49 AM

Spot on. This offense is a mess. Tremendous talent all around and it looks completely lost

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:08 AM

This is what I believe. They are coddling him. He’s a dang baller! He’s an absolute stud, but the coaches have hurt his confidence and have not done much to help him out. He’s a head case right now.

flag link


Re: Maybe it is Elliot!

[1]
Sep 19, 2021, 12:11 AM

TE has called plays for all the modern era championships. Maybe, IMO, DJ is trying to be too perfect and second guessing himself. He needs to see Puma do it in a meaningful situation. Just like Trevor with Brice. Dabo needs to loose the Puma early. IMO, I think it will actually activate the DJ we saw when Trevor was on the sideline.

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:18 AM

ClemCE09® said:

TE has called plays for all the modern era championships. Maybe, IMO, DJ is trying to be too perfect and second guessing himself. He needs to see Puma do it in a meaningful situation. Just like Trevor with Brice. Dabo needs to loose the Puma early. IMO, I think it will actually activate the DJ we saw when Trevor was on the sideline.




I agree 100%
There was zero need for DJU to feel like there was someone at his heels this offseason. He "knew he was the starter and he knew it was his team"! Every other position has competition except for this one this season. Taisun having the Achilles really hurt us more than what's obviously apparent. The guy behind Taisun is Hunter Helms a preferred walk on. I actually like Helms game or at least what he showed against GT last season impressed me.
We are in trouble either way if the offense plays like this against NCST. Pitt may have lost today; but Narduzi and company are always top 3 in TFL and sacks because he plays you man up and isn't afraid if you beat him once or twice. Right now; that would be a bad formula for this offense.
A "Tactical Benching" is in order!

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:36 AM

Yes, but, to clarify I think it is not that DJ is complacent as the starter, I believe it is that he is putting too much pressure on himself to be THE difference maker on offense. Becoming the Neo in the matrix will develop naturally, don’t try to force it.

IMO, DJ cares too much, which is polar opposite to what some are posting on here. Seeing the backup succeed is a good thing for those type of people. He can cut it loose and know Puma can come in and win at the end of the day.

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 12:44 AM

ClemCE09® said:

Yes, but, to clarify I think it is not that DJ is complacent as the starter, I believe it is that he is putting too much pressure on himself to be THE difference maker on offense. Becoming the Neo in the matrix will develop naturally, don’t try to force it.

IMO, DJ cares too much, which is polar opposite to what some are posting on here. Seeing the backup succeed is a good thing for those type of people. He can cut it loose and know Puma can come in and win at the end of the day.




Interesting take about DJU caring too much!

Then - if that is the case it's up to Coach Streeter and Coach Elliott to make him understand "his job is to distribute the rock"! He isn't doing that and is playing tight!

On his behalf - we all know the struggles of the OL. How much of the struggles just plain falls to OL recruiting and development?

We have gotten big plays on "PLAY ACTION" plays. If nobody respects your ability to run effectively then guess what: "nobody is buying any play action"! They are stopping our run game with minimal people in the box. Our offense and most offenses are a numbers game.
Stacked box - play the odds and throw it to the perimeter where you have one on one. Empty box you smash it inside and "steal 5 yards at a time"! We can't seem to do that.
No OC is going to look good if you can never really control the line of scrimmage!

flag link

Re: Maybe it is Elliot!


Sep 19, 2021, 1:08 AM

He needs to go. He is junk.

flag link

Replies: 14  
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
1435 people have read this post