"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac
Re: These jerks need to be kicked in the BaLLs imo...
Feb 19, 2015, 9:49 PM
CLEMSON football recruiting has caught the eyes of the world and they have to find a way to throw a wrinkle into this type of recruiting process. Somebody is trying to hard. Yes, Dabo progress should have held it to no less than the midway point. WOW, Hmmmmmmm?
Re: Man, it's really a reach to bash us, but they are determined
Feb 19, 2015, 9:49 AM
So well said! If the rest of the conference, except for fsu, who has no standards, were not so focused on BB, we would be much higher. They aren't focused on FB, because most of them have not much to talk about there.
Although my book is slightly orange stained, how in the world can you rank them #11??? What Dabo has done and is currently doing, speaks for itself. Brownell should be coach of the year to take the talent he has and play .500 in the ACC.
Re: FB Update: Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC
Feb 19, 2015, 1:46 PM
So here's my take...
1) Puke - hard to argue with Coach K and Cutcliff...particularly since it doesn't make any difference if the football team keeps winning or not. The fact that they aren't an embarrassment is an improvement.
2) Loiseville - Again, hard to argue, although I've got an over and under of 3 years before Petrino IS the embarrassment again.
3) Not a Dame - I am confused by this one since a) they aren't that good, b) don't really play football in the ACC, c) will never live up to the glory days and d) hence can never be happy.
4) Florida State Pen - Again, what's not to like, they just won a national championship in the sport that they care about and are pretty good in basketball.
5) AFAM - Just happy to have not gotten the death penalty...yet.
6) Vague Tech - Laughably high as has already been much discussed.
7) Um - HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Yeah, because they really always wanted to be good in basketball. Really. Really!
8) Syraccuse - The good: Jim Boeheim, The bad: One year self imposed is probably going to get worse, The ugly: the football program. Way too high on the list
9) U of Vagueness - Way too low. They are high as a kite on basketball right now and their football team has been working miracles on recruiting (that haven't resulted in sanctions, yet)
10) The Pit - kind of an "eh" ranking for a couple of "eh" programs...about right.
11) Clem(p)son - So clearly the author had a lot of faith in Chad Morris and not a lot of faith in anyone else in the athletic department? I love football...we all love football and the football team is doing well. We shouldn't be any lower than 4th by my reconning, especially since Brownell seems to have mostly quenched the tire fire that is the basketball program, for the moment. If he can keep recruiting, find some offense and cut out the horrendous losses in the rec league games at the beginning of the season we can go back to losing in the first game of the real tournament and everyone will be thrilled.
12) - 14) Who cares?
15) Wake - probably rated too low. They are used to it by now.