Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two Football Plays I'll Never Forget
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Two Football Plays I'll Never Forget

Apr 15, 2021, 3:11 PM

I was a student at the University of Florida during the 1940 summer session and the 1940-41 school year. During the 1940 summer session, the University Buildings Division was doing some extensive renovations to one of the dorms. Most of the football players were employed on the project as well as myself and several of my friends. We were paid 25 cents per hour. I got to know many of the players personally and we had lots of fun

John Piombo was a lineman. The Gators were playing Georgia Tech and Tech was using a full backfield and were known for the QB lateralling to the other backs. On this particular play, John had rushed into the Tech backfield between the QB and the RB. The QB's lateral was picked off by John and he raced down the field about 60 yards for a TD With no Tech player within 25 yards of him.

In another game, Pat Reem was a Gator RB. Pat was not a big guy but he was as fast as greased lightening. He took the handoff from the Gator QB, found a wide hole in the line and raced down the field. As he approached the opponent's 20 yard line he looked back to see no one was within 20 yards of him and what did he do? He tripped over his own feet and went tumbling to the ground.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense, but how old are you?

Apr 15, 2021, 3:37 PM

You may be the most senior Tnetter if you aren’t pulling our fingers. Bet you heard that about a billion times by now.??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he just proves that football didn't start within the....

Apr 15, 2021, 3:54 PM

past ten years like some of the young people on here seem to think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No offense, but how old are you?

Apr 15, 2021, 4:09 PM [ in reply to No offense, but how old are you? ]

Well Cooltig, if I can make it to Thanksgiving Day I'll reach the three digit age of 100.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Joe, he’s to a happy future thanksgiving buddy!!***

Apr 15, 2021, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AWESOME....

Apr 15, 2021, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: No offense, but how old are you? ]

Longevity has its place and to be of sound mind makes it miraculous. Please share your secrets. I predict you will have a tummy ache like everybody else come Turkey Day!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, I figure if I have half your brains in my 50's ...

Apr 16, 2021, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: No offense, but how old are you? ]

I might have 3/4 of your intellect and gift for storytelling by 75 years old. Can you confirm to me if my reasoning is sound? Thanks and take care ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like same offense GT ran under Paul Johnson?***

Apr 15, 2021, 3:59 PM

Very Nice, Get'em Joe!!!!

Apr 16, 2021, 10:22 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic