Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring Practice Observations: Justyn Ross as "Colonel Mustard" leads the way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Spring Practice Observations: Justyn Ross as "Colonel Mustard" leads the way

Mar 5, 2021, 5:55 PM

Spring Practice Observations: Justyn Ross as "Colonel Mustard" leads the way

A sunny day on the Clemson practice fields, watching Colonel Mustard in the conservatory. Check out David Hood's practice observations. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring Practice Observations: Justyn Ross as "Colonel Mustard" leads the way

Mar 5, 2021, 7:32 PM

Frank already in yellow Jersey?? Geez. That cornerback room can be moved to closet after Covid is done. Go tigers. Yes I like to be pessimistic and also sarcastic.

Re: TNET: Spring Practice Observations: Justyn Ross as "Colonel Mustard" leads the way

Mar 5, 2021, 8:24 PM

Lots of ballers taking off Spring practice -- hope they recover soon. Strongly doubt anyone not in traction or a large cast skipped a Ford Spring practice. But different strokes and Dabo's approach works wonders. Also happy to see young Swinney out there coaching up Shipley on punt returns. Ship may be able to give Clemson our 1st punt return man since CJ and Jacoby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2021, 11:02 AM

I mean they also did dumb stuff like bull in the ring or didn't let guys have water breaks back in Ford's day. Doesn't mean it was any better than what they're doing now.

Clemson and Dabo are better than 95% of other FBS teams right now. Why fix what's not broken? Besides, I'd be more worried if these guys were missing or still doing no-contact come August.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 8:43 PM

We're back-almost! I don't necessarily mean Clemson or football but just seeing that practices are open on a limited basis and David is able to report on them. Man, its greater than we could have ever thought to really start to see the end of this craziness. Just can't wait to be 1 of 80000 this Fall.

Mar 6, 2021, 11:07 AM

I am absolutely overjoyed that Pearman is no longer doing Special Teams. Our ST's have been hot garbage since 2014 or so. I remember seeing a statistical analysis of Clemson's ST's on Reddit a few years ago and someone calculated that on average, Clemson's PR coverage allowed more time for opposing punters than any other P5 school. Explains why so many punters seem to have career days against us.

We haven't had a blocked punt in god knows how long, and only individuals with solid talent like Greg the Leg, Bradley Pinion, Catman, and now hopefully Spiers, have succeeded or will succeed in spite of being coached by Pearman. Dabo shoulda moved him off ST's after the 2015-16 Championship where Saban outfoxed Pearman twice, which resulted in Bama's victory. Take away the KR return TD and the onside kick, and Clemson wins.

I am excited to see improvement on Special Teams for the first time in over 5 years. Props to Dabo for making the shifts in his staff as I think we may have something special with Shipley. I watched him play in HS and he reminds me of Christian McCaffrey.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner Muse blocked a punt in one of the Bama games***

Mar 6, 2021, 12:26 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic