Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So which wide receiver splits time at corner?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So which wide receiver splits time at corner?

Mar 1, 2021, 8:37 AM

Possible?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So which wide receiver splits time at corner?

Mar 1, 2021, 8:47 AM

I think Booth and Greene will be the starters. I think Greene and Davis will end up being co starters and Greene will split time in nickel and have a hybrid role depending on the pressures BV wants to bring.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 9:34 AM

Love this comment. Everything I've seen on twitter, people forget about Fred Davis II. I think hes going to end up being really good, and may have just gotten his chance with DK getting released. The nice thing is, we still have Booth, Jones, Greene, Davis, and lets not forget, the Wiggins kid coming in is quite the athlete.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 10:30 AM

We have talent there. The biggest concern is the lack of depth if we start getting injuries there. Say we enter a game with a guy or two out with an injury, and then we lose a guy to a targeting call. We could quickly be down to 3 or 4 guys at the position. I think we'll be fine otherwise.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: So which wide receiver splits time at corner? ]

Let's not forget that skill positions aren't positions that true freshman come in, and end up starting or playing in the #2 slot. Some high 5* guys get lucky bc of what has happened with DK, but not that often....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ngata?

Mar 1, 2021, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: So which wide receiver splits time at corner? ]

Any chance we repurpose him? I’m sure he’d end up in the portal at the first hint, and my gut says he transfers back west anyway, but he’s got a pretty versatile build. No idea if he even played D before, so this is about as speculative as one can be.

Ngata was my favorite recruit coming out of HS, I hope he can stay healthy and live up to his potential.

Re: Ngata?

Mar 1, 2021, 3:08 PM

What about Goodrich? Nary a mention in above posts. I don't believe he is chopped liver.

I doubt that will happen

Mar 1, 2021, 8:59 AM

unless we get to see the world's biggest CBs. Except for Stellato and Spector, every scholly WR is 6'3"+, 200+. I'm assuming 190# EJ Williams eats a cheeseburger or two before UGA, but my point stands lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If,if ,if anyone makes a move it'll be Dukes

Mar 1, 2021, 9:52 AM

Otherwise, we are set barring any injuries.

Receivers typically don’t have the hips. Takes time

Mar 1, 2021, 9:53 AM

More time than usual to develop the right muscle memory below the waste. Very few can come right in and do it unless they played both ways in college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 10:31 AM

we are fine at corner. DK was a big loss, but someone will step up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 10:33 AM

Probably no one. DK was one of those elite athletes that could probably play any skill position that not to many athlete's are able to do, especially on both sides of the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 10:44 AM

No.

Stellato's the only one who might - might! - be the kind of athlete who could and even I dunno even he's got the hips for it. And I'd say there's about zero chance of that. Kind looks like a homerun hitter at WR.

Kendrick did it because he was a better natural CB than WR. His no longer being at Clemson has nothing whatsoever to do with talent. He was a first-round talent, unfortunately.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:57 AM

I agree 100%, and with DK getting evicted from the love shack, it will cause raised eye brows with NFL owners, and coaches bc, one of the 1st listings on his NFL interest sheet, will be that he was released from the Clemson FB program!!!!

Mar 1, 2021, 10:49 AM

I'm not sure we'll see anyone truly switch positions, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either a receiver or running back lower on the depth chart be cross-trained at CB in case of emergency.

Mar 1, 2021, 11:12 AM

Sooner or later, Dabo will have to use the portal for replacing elite players. Our program can't continue to sit back, and fill other teams rosters with elite players leaving Clemson with our cupboards depleted without getting a return back from those filling our competition's team rosters. We can't stay on top like we have been without using the portal also, IMPO!!!

No one. We have talented bodies at the position, all they

Mar 1, 2021, 11:27 AM

lack is experience. With the reduced numbers, the remaining ones will get that experience much quicker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic