Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting This Week Pt. 2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Recruiting This Week Pt. 2

Apr 14, 2021, 3:03 PM

I was going to save this post for later in the week, but I thought people who may actually read this board for football info would appreciate it today.

I wanted to update people on the Elite Retreat since I have seen a few questions. To my knowledge this will only be for class of 22' prospects and these are not official visits. Clemson does not offer officials during the Summer that will come in the Fall. The Cookout should happen this year, but that will be for class of 23' targets.
All four commits are expected to go to the Retreat along with these uncommitted players: Jeadyn Lukus, Branson Robinson, and Jaleel Skinner.
Some other major targets are considering attending such as: Travis Shaw, Xavier Nwanpka, Kenyatta Jackson, and Cyrus Moss. This list has the potential to expand as we get closer.

Updates on 2 players I mentioned earlier this week.
-Keon Sabb 5* safety prospect for Clemson has locked in an official to Georgia for the weekend following the Retreat. I know that he is very high on both teams and Bama. Worth noting that he is not Georgia's top prospect at the position that would be Wilson.
-Daylen Everette 4* cornerback visited Clemson for the Spring Game. After the game he made a trip to see Chapel Hill, worth noting that UNC's CB coach is one heck of a recruiter. I said earlier this week that this was UNC, Clemson, and UGA. I think Clemson is in a good spot but this no where near a done deal.

-Update on DE big Board
-5* Shemar Stewart: I think that there is definitely mutual interest with Clemson and Stewart. Georgia was hot for a while but some close to Georgia think that they may have fallen off a bit. However, the top teams for months in his recruitment has been LSU and that is team he mentions first in interviews, but Clemson feels that they can get a visit and I would not count them out with a DE. All three of those teams are still potential landing spots for Stewart.
-5* Enai White: I included White because he has always spoken very highly of Clemson, but I do not see him ending up in this class. Based on what I have heard this could be a UGA/Bama battle.
-5* Jeremiah Alexander. He is out of Alabama so this was always going to be a tough pull. I think that Clemson, UGA, and Bama have all separated themselves from the rest. UGA and Clemson could both pull this off because they are both right in this thing, but I would have to see him leave the state for me to believe it.
-High 4* Cyrus Moss: Ultimately I think that this could become a Clemson, ND, and Oregon battle. ASU could be there but I think that ND and Clemson are in the best spot right now.
-High 4* Kenyatta Jackson: The two lead teams that have lead his recruitment for months have been Clemson and OSU. I would give Clemson a slight edge right now, but this will be decided when visits open up.
- 4* DJ Wesolak: I have always gotten the feeling that Clemson could be in this one as much as they wanted. He is really high on Clemson and if they decide to make a push they could become a serious threat. ND is the leader as of now.
-4* Jihaad Campbell. He would be the last guy that I think Clemson would take. He was probably close to a commitment a few months ago but Clemson backed off because they felt that they were in good positions with other DE.

I think that Clemson is a serious contender for Stewart, Moss, Jackson, and Wesolak if they push for him. Maybe Alexander but again I do not see him leaving that state in the end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting This Week Pt. 2

Apr 14, 2021, 3:15 PM

TU!! Thank u for taking the time and effort to hook us up with some insight!! Keep up the good work, and I’ll keep up the thumbs! GO TIGERS!!

Apr 14, 2021, 3:23 PM

Yes. Thank you as always. How many can we take this year. Seems I remember 18 from somewhere.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2021, 8:56 PM

No problem as always. That number is certainly within the ballpark give or take one or two. I will make a post next week detailing numbers at each position and where I think the class may end up. Thanks for the idea!!

Big problem with that that list of recruiting targets

Apr 14, 2021, 3:27 PM

I've always heard success is due to the Jimmys and Joes. I don't see any of those on the list, only guys like:

Keon
Daylen
Shemar
Enai
Jeremiah
Cyrus
Kenyatta
DJ
Jihaad

Not a Jimmy or Joe in the whole bunch. We're in big trouble.

Just kidding - thanks for the update!

Re: Big problem with that that list of recruiting targets

Apr 14, 2021, 3:31 PM

Thanks for the recruiting updates. As I said previously, prepare yourself for the stone throwers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I reached out to my inside sources who have

Apr 14, 2021, 3:30 PM

inside information and shared your post. There were parts they agreed with and there were parts they disagreed with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I reached out to my inside sources who have

Apr 14, 2021, 5:59 PM

Hmmm. Very intriguing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I reached out to my inside sources who have

Apr 15, 2021, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I reached out to my inside sources who have ]

Nice to have you back GWP!!

Don't encourage her - that's the same thing

Apr 16, 2021, 11:08 AM

TigerBry83 said to her - niceties & kindness & next thing you know this coot chased her off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Apr 14, 2021, 4:57 PM

Thanks again CP

Apr 15, 2021, 8:16 AM

No problem Chad!!

Apr 14, 2021, 4:57 PM

Thanks again CP

Apr 14, 2021, 6:02 PM

Thanks for the 411. I hope the TD was a fat finger but ya never know with some of the characters round here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2021, 10:45 PM

Thanks so much, I always enjoy your recruiting updates.

Any chance we have with Walter Nolen, the big time DT ? Would be amazing to get him and Shaw
Thanks.

Apr 15, 2021, 8:49 AM

Thank you! There was thought that early in his recruitment that Clemson would be a contender, but I think some red flags came up for Clemson and they backed off, as such he released a top 8 that Clemson was not in. I think that he will end up at Bama, UGA, or LSU, maybe Michigan.

I will make a post some tine next week with DT targets, including Shaw.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:30 AM

does Toriano Pride plan on coming to the Retreat?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2021, 11:09 AM

Yes, I totally just left him off. Him plus the other three that I mentioned have said that they are going.

Apr 16, 2021, 11:01 AM

Quick update on the offer to the linebacker yesterday. That was a PWO, the amount will be determined by his play.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic