»
Topic: No more sitting out a year for transfers
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 15, 2021, 12:41 AM by: PetesPonies
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

No more sitting out a year for transfers

Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 5:56 PM

There may be more players in the transfer portal than on the football fields in upcoming years.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31258180/ncaa-allow-transfers-play-college-football-basketball-sitting-season-report-says

2021 purple level member link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Probably only a short hop from there to

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 6:02 PM

Play for this team this week.

Play for that team the next week.

You just know somebody, probably BAMA, will try to get this done.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: Probably only a short hop from there to

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 6:29 PM

Meanwhile, so many are failing to learn the value, or even the meaning, of commitment. I don't envy the honest coaches out there trying to keep their teams intact.

2021 purple level member link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Probably only a short hop from there to

[1]
Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 12:41 AM

It's today's society and the kids we raised. Sickening.

link

I usually avoid the Whine Club here...

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 7:10 PM

but this is an absolutely terrible move by the NCAA. It could open up a can of worms that can't be closed again.

I could understand it if they allowed players to do this when the head coach left or was fired. That might make sense IMO.

For the record, I don't believe it will hurt our team.

link

Sadly, it's just a reflection of the times.***

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 7:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: No more sitting out a year for transfers

Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 7:33 PM

I am fine with this.

You know, if some junior loses his spot or want to jump up a level, why make them sit out?

I would prefere them to be academically eligible first... so you transfer in the fall/winter, take classes in the spring/summer and NOT flunk out before you play in the fall (or vice versa).

You don't want someone not getting an education while playing at an inferior program, right UNC?

link

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 7:53 PM

There is no assurance every player who enters the transfer portal will receive an offer from another school. What happens now? For all practical purposes he might as well give up the game. I realize there will be some that benefit from a transfer but there will also be many who will be standing on the sidelines for most of the game wondering if they should have remained with their original team.

I can see both good and bad by this new ruling but I don't plan to enter the transfer portal so that's another thing I can delete from my "things to do" list.

2021 orange level memberbadge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg link

I can see it now...

[3]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 7:57 PM

End of a basketball game, as the coach goes through the handshake line.

“Good game...good game...call me...good game.”

link

maybe everyone should just do what they want

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 8:12 PM

that's where we're headed anyway! Do what's best for yourself and da mn everyone else.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 8:12 PM

There may be more players in the transfer portal than on the football fields in upcoming years.

<

I think it's a fair rule to let them transfer once without restriction.

Not like we're making coaches sit a year after taking a job, so why should players?

At worst, kids who weren't going to cut it find out the reality and have to make grown up decisions.

If you believe you can bloom better elsewhere, go for it ?? IMO Clemson is going to be the least affected of the bunch due to the culture here.

2021 white level member link

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: EXCELLENT lower deck seats on the Clemson side (South stands) in section UD, row Q. You will be in t...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1562 people have read this post