Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
EA Sports College Football - About 9 Teams opting out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

EA Sports College Football - About 9 Teams opting out

Mar 1, 2021, 12:53 AM

I was searching EA College football to see if any new updates or news has been released since the original announcement weeks ago.

I was expecting to maybe see an updated timeline or perhaps nothing at all but I came across a few headlines where some teams were opting out for now.
Notre Dame, Northwestern, Tulane, possibly Army,Kentucky, USC, Troy, Air Force, Navy, New Mexico.

Just sharing in case others may be interested. That is a bit of a bummer and I wonder if other schools will follow. Notre Dame said it was due to players not being compensated. I'm pretty sure the players would just like the game back. I hope the game gets made but perhaps some setbacks and snags along the way.

We may end up with I think the 1st or second edition of the Bill Walsh college football game where you choose between Pullman, COllege Station, Provo, Atlanta, and Tallahassee for your team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: EA Sports College Football - About 9 Teams opting out

Mar 1, 2021, 8:05 AM

Rest assured ND is not worried about players being paid except where it relates to ND liability. The other problem is not the players wanting to be paid, its the lawyers who want to be paid. Lawyers always go after the deepest pockets which is the universities.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:21 AM

Your remark(s) appear to disparage the lawyers. Might I offer to the contrary, that those who do choose to enter the legal profession are paragons of morality and justice. This is further reinforced by the significant number of politicians who were once lawyers. And we know that ALL of our elected officials at the local, state and federal level are some of our most selfless, moral and effective of all American citizens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:27 AM

agree wholeheartedly with your assessment,especially that of our beloved elected officials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 1, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: EA Sports College Football - About 9 Teams opting out ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wont matter. All you need is 1 team to agree and

Mar 1, 2021, 8:25 AM

Launch the game. There will be addons that will contain all the big schools.

There is still today. The only problem is they are loaded to a game that is a decade old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 1, 2021, 8:45 AM

What side is EA on... take the opposite - as EA always sides with evil.

Good on the schools. Unless the players are profiting from their likeness, let EA use generic names and artificial people. Here is a good list:

Mike Truk has a 98 rating written all over him.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 1, 2021, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: EA Sports College Football - About 9 Teams opting out ]

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic