Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all think I should strap this on my new Ranger?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Y'all think I should strap this on my new Ranger?

Feb 12, 2021, 8:44 AM

https://youtu.be/zD8B718Wt7Q

I bet I could jerk Payton Page out of the water on lickity split!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all think I should strap this on my new Ranger?

Feb 12, 2021, 9:01 AM

Yes, you could get your new Ranger in the water and on a plane real quick. I don't know about stopping at your favorite fishing hole though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 9:15 AM

It's a beauty, for sure! Cut that guy's arms off, and I bet he can't complete a sentence, though. I think Spud would be the talk of the lakes in that boat with that engine. I'm sure Mrs. Spud would be so proud to have a husband who owned a boat like that, too. I'd just like to say I have a buddy who has a rig like that. Go ahead and go for it, Spud!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah man. My Yamaha VMax SHO 250 would leave it in the wake..

Feb 12, 2021, 9:20 AM

I have a 2018 Ranger Z521c with the Yamaha 250 and it's the best motor I've ever run.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

$77,000 EACH

Feb 12, 2021, 9:33 AM

If you did the motor swap, your Ranger would immediately increase in value to $77,500!

I say go for it! ;)

On a more serious note, I'm really impressed with all of the improvements. This is a complete overhaul of the marine motor. I'm skeptical of their claims of low maintenance and high reliability... but I guess that'll play out over the next few years. That steerable gearbox is fascinating and will improve maneuverability by 50%. But what happens if you have 3 motors and the one in the middle gets jammed. My guess is the other 2 motors will chew up that middle prop... causing $100K in damage. And because the motor doesn't move, you'd really have no way to know if that happened until you heard the metal grinding.

It would be amusing to see one of these V12s on a bass boat. My last bass boat had a 150 Merc and I thought I was going to die a horrible death when it hit 50mph. I couldn't imagine a 600 Merc. Jeebus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $77,000 EACH

Feb 14, 2021, 9:03 PM

There is a degree limiter in the steering to prevent that. But that is one of the first things I thought about because the ability to crab walk park a boat is with motors pointing different directions. I think the boat manufacturer will set the turn radius degrees upon installation.

My uncle sent me a note about me putting one on my Triton 20X, he is always impressed when I run him around 75-80 with my 250 Merc

Feb 12, 2021, 9:48 AM

Spud

Is that you?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. No trolling motor.***

Feb 12, 2021, 10:12 AM

It's amazing how good 4 stroke outboards are

Feb 12, 2021, 10:56 AM

I'm looking at a jet foot for the river.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then we can go to Pennsylvannia!***

Feb 14, 2021, 8:47 AM

Lol. With that thing, you could probably jerk the WATER out

Feb 12, 2021, 11:40 AM

of Peyton Page!

There will be people who put that thing on bass boats. It'll be one of those "Hey, hold my beer" moments the first time that thing takes off and flips over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 8:49 PM

Spud, does it come with a crank rope or is that extra?

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 9:22 PM

Counter rotating props, foot steering, 2 speed trans, joystick control. Problem is you can buy 2 Merc 400R 4strokes for same price as one 600 and the weight is still close. Those v12 600s are $75k+ and weigh 1000lbs while the 400s are upper 500s each.

Good news is they made a 20" shaft 600 so we can put on bass boats and pontoons. I guess Seven Marine knew Merc was coming out with this since they went out of biz in 2020. Their 557 and 667 HP engines were awesome, running off a vertical LS1 engine, they were in the same price range but were typical steering and not integrated with boat electronics like Merc and Yamaha. Seven Marine had that high HP outboard market cornered for years but didn't innovate. These 40-60' Center console boats with big outboards and less maintenance have destroyed the Sport Fisher boating market. My buddy bought an immaculate 61' Viking last year for under $1mil yet a 37' Freeman with quads is a mil. The two bigger Scout centers are over a mil and they dont have near the amenities. That Viking has 3AC units, 3 ice makers, 2-30k Onan generators, 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 3 freezers, 4 refrig, 4 Tvs, $30k stereo system, etc, etc, and still under $1mil. Way more than a 37' center console but only runs 38mph instead of 72mph.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic