Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off"

Mar 4, 2021, 12:01 PM

Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off"

Offensive lineman Walker Parks is edgy, and he doesn’t mind showing a little bit of a mean streak when he’s on the field. So it’s no surprise when Parks answers a question with the most brutally-honest answer possible. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the young man’s fire ...

Mar 4, 2021, 12:37 PM

A chip on your shoulder is only valuable if these o-linemen also have the strength, skills, and work ethic to succeed. Parker seems to have the whole package. It will be interesting to see how many of last year’s starters get replaced in starting lineup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve seen it in the past with inexperienced guys on the OL.

Mar 4, 2021, 12:42 PM

Some of these guys that didn’t do well early in their careers end up being pretty good by the time they leave. I think we will see the same out of some of those guys who didn’t do well last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off"

Mar 4, 2021, 12:48 PM

I like this kid a lot. He’s a force. And will be a dude for the next few years. I think he will be a great leader for the team and “his” line.

https://mobile.twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1340857749966622722

Message was edited by: RunJumpCatch®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now we’re talkin

Mar 4, 2021, 1:32 PM

It sounds like the group has taken ownership and is ready to put the work in. That’s all we can ask right now. Here’s to an improved group come fall. Go Tigers!

Lines of scrimmage

Mar 4, 2021, 1:55 PM

I want to say that will be a strength of our team this year, I think the defense will have more growing pains but should be much better than last year, I feel pretty good about the line of scrimmage this coming season unless we have injuries but I think if the whole team putting in the effort for improvement we will see it on the field I think the whole team and coaches got kind of in state of compliancy and we got shake that off and we will be fine, I expect us to make the NC and win it, I could be wrong but that is my gut feeling on the matter.

Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off"

Mar 4, 2021, 1:56 PM

The one thing that I would say to young Mr Parks is this, young man, you don't have to prove a thing to the Tiger fan base, but it is your job to prove to the opposing defensive lineman that you're not a poosy, and that you can bring more pain than they're wanting to deal with when they line up in front of him. Just let them know from the first snap of the game to the last snap, that you are there to bring the pain, and he's going to make it hurt every time the ball is snapped, and actually make it hurt bad enough, that they will try and get out of his way with every play. Do that, and you have done your job, and his teammate next to him, they should be doing the exact same thing on every down.

Our O lineman should have an attitude like JJ Watt's on the defensive side of the ball, make the opposing players hate seeing him lined up in front of them, and causing them to lose sleep the night before the game bc, they know they are going to have a tough day once the ball has been kicked off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having the correct Attitude is the KEY.

Mar 4, 2021, 6:21 PM

Parks is exhibiting the type of attitude that is necessary to be successful in anything in life. A sense of Urgency to get it right and get it right now.. A "We won't be beat by anyone" attitude that is critical for all.
Gotta have that "Chip" on ones shoulder to become the best.
Parks is the new leader on the O-line as a sophomore. He's got "It" to be successful and to lead the team to be successful. One day, we'll say that he was one the best recruits as a Leader. Hope he continues to become like Boulware, Watson, Wilkins, Kirkland, etc... the great fiery, emotional leaders of Clemsons great past.

Awesome kid

Mar 4, 2021, 1:59 PM

That’s the exact mentality for a good OL. He’s going to develop

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it didn't seem to me

Mar 4, 2021, 3:17 PM

like we had a vocal leader last year on the O Line. I think that's about to change. Honestly, the run-blocking can't get any worse than last year so I'm guardedly optimistic we'll see improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it didn't seem to me

Mar 4, 2021, 4:07 PM

We will be much improved at OL this season, we’ve recruited better than ever on OL, they are young but we have talented guys. The off-season program with covid hurt us when we needed it most.

These kids will grow immensely with a full off-season in Clemson eating at the facility will help too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 4, 2021, 5:24 PM

Appreciate the honesty. I think this years line will be much improved from last years. I could see Dixon rushing for 1200 yards easy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 10:31 PM

excited to see an o-line consist of: Parks, Tchio, Rayburn, Putnam, McFadden- with seeing Johnson pushing Putnam and Bockhorst pushing Tchio. Will be fun to see how Leigh, Tate, Pennington develop

Mar 4, 2021, 11:06 PM

Isn't that just peachy keen. Last season's performance just pisses him off. Last season. What was his attitude last season, when it could have made a difference? I ain't buying into that faux competitive anger. Just shut up and play the game on the field. As you should have last season apparently.

COOT***

Mar 4, 2021, 11:57 PM

Mar 5, 2021, 8:09 AM

Little birds are whispering the name - don't laugh - "Hunter Rayburn" - as a massively transformed creature at C.

Genuinely curious to see if that is the case and if he the Dude he is being described as. Would be a good surprise. We could use it.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:41 AM

That is great news. He's definitely got the smarts for it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2021, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman admits performance last season "pisses me off" ]

Reading his bio last year, Rayburn always seemed like a highly rated all-around coordinated athlete with size. In other words, a potential perfect fit at Center. But he hasn't been a whisp of a factor to date. Hope the birds are right ... we can use him at C or G.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 9:20 PM

Mr parks I feel the same way, I can't do anything about it but I'm excited to see you guys change it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic