Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus

Mar 9, 2021, 8:01 AM

Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus

Practices at Clemson are a little more intense this spring. The hits are harder, the coaching is tougher, and the mindset is sharper. Getting waxed in the Sugar Bowl in front of a nationwide television audience will do that to a team, cause them to refocus and find that extra motivation needed to get through a long season. Ask Trenton Simpson and Matt Bockhorst, they will tell you. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus

Mar 9, 2021, 8:21 AM

Ooglies, we are coming and you are in the way. We are not Bama nor are we Cincy. It will not be a pretty sight for you when we are done. 15-0 is our goal and we are not about to let some cur mess things up.

Talk and a dime will buy you 10 cents worth of something. We

Mar 9, 2021, 8:25 AM

have to show it on the field, against ALL opponents, not just in big games. The last two losses aside, Dabo has always been able to motivate the guys in big games. However, there has also been a tendency to let inferior teams hang around in games at times. (I always think about Nancy's Tate 2016. If not for their field goal kicker missing a chip shot, there is no Natty trophy in our case from that year. No way they should have even been close in that game, the talent gap was that large.)

I sincerely hope the Big Uglies along the offensive line CAN become a physical force. We really haven't seen that from an O-Line since the Wine and Roses Danny Days, when we could run the ball on anyone, anytime, anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk and a dime will buy you 10 cents worth of something. We

Mar 9, 2021, 8:28 AM

With you on the OL comments! That's been our weakest link.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk and a dime will buy you 10 cents worth of something. We

Mar 9, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Talk and a dime will buy you 10 cents worth of something. We ]

Richard Sheridan says , "Hello Danny "

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus

Mar 9, 2021, 8:26 AM

I love the passion Skalski has for the game. I hope he can learn to channel his aggression and avoid the "targeting" calls (which I think are so subjective that many are just BS) next year. The guy is a baller, and so passionate in his level of play, but we need him to be available to play from start to finish. I hope this year he lights up the defense, but doesn't have to watch from a locker room or a sideline.

Unfortunately for him, I think the officials have made a

Mar 9, 2021, 8:39 AM

"marked man" out of Skalski when it comes to targeting calls. If he so much as peeks at the ground during a tackle, they are going to try and get him out of the game, it seems. He will have to be "twice as nice" as the next guy to stay in the game.

Re: Unfortunately for him, I think the officials have made a

Mar 11, 2021, 10:20 AM

He certainly has to think before attacking. Hope it doesn't negatively affect his performance.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Mar 9, 2021, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Skalski's daily Ohio State reminder leads to more physical practices, renewed focus ]

I've read the rule book over and over again and I keep coming up with 'to the head and neck area' for targeting. Skalski definitely hit Fields in the midsection.
All those Buckeye fans are still crying about the call to their DB against Lawrence the previous year's game and that was clearly to the head and neck area. They say that TL ducked into a targeting call. But, if they swear that Skalski committed the targeting penalty and their player did not, then that's a complete and absolute pile of garbage. Either both are targeting, or neither was. But, Buckeye fans can't see that.

Skalski did not commit a foul for targeting if it's for the head and neck area as the rule book states. I'm not a lawyer, but this rule is garbage.

If they want to help players and limit injuries to the brain, then call it a personal foul and not targeting and quit stopping the game for 15 minutes to see if it's a target penalty. It slows up the game and is ridiculous.
Also, stop ejecting the player for committing the foul and sitting him the next half. The rule needs to be changed or eliminated from the game.

You read Article 4, but skipped Article 3...

Mar 9, 2021, 12:53 PM

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet:
ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Note 1 (4th Bullet Point):
Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You read Article 4, but skipped Article 3...

Mar 10, 2021, 9:42 AM

Article 4 is the newer portion of the #### rule, so it counts over article 3. To the head and neck is still the rule. You skipped that part.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:33 AM

Yeah better show me on the field each and every game and physically dominate inferior ACC opponents. I saw way too much bump tackling all year last year - guys, especially secondary guys, just trying to put a shoulder on the ball carrier to knock them down instead of wrapping up. I’ll chalk that up to COVID hurting fundamentals. The question now is do we have so many guys in green and other colored jerseys because we are being more physical or because they don’t want to have to be physical?

You are right about the "bump" tackling. That seems to be an

Mar 9, 2021, 8:36 AM

epidemic in all of college football, not just with our team.

Please don't let us sound like Ohio State and focus on this

Mar 9, 2021, 8:50 AM

game all year. I get using it as motivation. But I was so sad for Ohio State that they dwelled on us so much. Then they got their victory and got thrashed vs. Bama. I'd rather look at Ohio State as a speed bump this year on our way to a National Championship. The focus is on the way we played and I think that's what our team is focused on, but let's take out the Ohio State mentions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please don't let us sound like Ohio State and focus on this

Mar 9, 2021, 9:00 AM

Yeah, couldn't agree more. No need to mention any team. Rather them just focus on how and what needs to happen to dominate every game and fundamentals.

Whatever it takes to win Sept 4.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s gonna take some guys playing hurt.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:27 PM

Playing through the pain. I don’t know how anyone else feels, but it seems to me that with all these nagging injuries and guys missing practice and yellow jerseys everywhere that we are simply just a SAWFT team. Flame away but it seems like Dabo or somebody is letting these guys just miss practice and games and whatever else for some not-so-serious injuries. Man up. You’re a college football player.

ALL our focus should be on whoever the opponent is that

Mar 9, 2021, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Please don't let us sound like Ohio State and focus on this ]

week. Or, if we must have some other team to focus on, it should be AlaBAMA. They, not Ohio State, are the Gold Standard, season in and season out. Lil Nicky is showing no signs of slowing down. Where he has that program now is almost automatically self sustaining. They get the recruits they want, and everybody else gets the leftovers. Recruiting stars DO mean something when practically everyone on your team was the best in the country at their position in high school. Lots easier to coach the X's and O's when you have world beater Jimmies and Joes.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Please don't let us sound like Ohio State and focus on this ]

The difference between us and O310 St is we ARE focusing on how WE played in the loss last year and they were spending the whole offseason crying about bad calls and getting “robbed”. I agree leave the opponent name out of the conversation but an obsession on improving our weaknesses is alright with me.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:49 AM

I love how we are responding to our last game. I lost tons of respect for OcryO State with their moaning about officiating instead of focusing on the fact that they couldn't stop us. If we keep the present attitude, we will be just fine.

Mar 10, 2021, 8:22 PM

I believe Ohio State focused quite well over the season in figuring how to stop us.

We made merciless fun of that clown show for a year

Mar 9, 2021, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Please don't let us sound like Ohio State and focus on this ]

because of their laser focus on us.

Let's don't be them.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: We made merciless fun of that clown show for a year

Mar 10, 2021, 9:45 AM

That's what I've been saying, too. Don't be like the Buckeyes and focus on one team all year long. That's bush league.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:13 AM

Question about the two possible starting QBs for UGA in junior JT Daniels, or senior Stetson Bennett when we face UGA to start our coming season. Both of those QBs have started 2/3 more games than DJ Uiagalelei, but, how do Daniels, and Bennett compare to DJ with raw talent, and skill?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daniels will start if healthy

Mar 9, 2021, 12:23 PM

And he’s talented - but DJ higher rated QB recruit

I love it!!!

Mar 9, 2021, 9:34 AM

Getting more pumped for next year after listening to Trenton and Matt..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 10:17 AM

I love you guys(players, coaches and entire program) but yes, it was a big, ugly slap in the face. Still stings too!
Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep ya head up, Skalski!

Mar 9, 2021, 10:42 AM

No, literally. Please keep your head up when tackling.

~JKB

Re: Keep ya head up, Skalski!

Mar 10, 2021, 9:47 AM

I don't know who JKB is, haha, but yea keep the head up for your own safety.

Truthfully, the LSU asswhipping was worse, why didn't that

Mar 9, 2021, 12:58 PM

wake anybody up?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 12:58 PM

To beat Ugay 3 things to change before next season. 1. O line has to be more physical because we may push around WF but we have to be better to play the SEC and Ohio ST. 2. DB's better improve somewhere because I would pick on our safeties all day long and the last two seasons ended with ### kickings becasue we could not cover. 3. Dabo needs to quit giving the other team bullentin board material.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic