Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables pleased with defensive line, wants them to win 1-on-1 battles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables pleased with defensive line, wants them to win 1-on-1 battles

Apr 8, 2021, 8:01 AM

Venables pleased with defensive line, wants them to win 1-on-1 battles

Brent Venables spent the offseason and the spring not only making sure his defense has improved since last season, but also in making sure that his defensive line gets healthy in time for the season opener against Georgia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, do we have anybody on the D-Line that HASN'T missed

Apr 8, 2021, 8:29 AM

time due to injuries? We seem to have been snakebit in the injury department for well over a year now. Covid related stuff intermingled with just plain bad luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep in mind that this is normal for a lot of teams

Apr 8, 2021, 9:21 AM

We've been incredibly lucky for several years now, including the two Natties, where we didn't have seriously issues with injuries. Last year it straight up cost us a game, and you can argue the longer term effects of those injuries caused the defense to not be prepared for O310 State and the WR room to be shorthanded. They suck lol. Let's just hope everyone heals up between now and August. A lot of the guys he mentioned actually played in the spring game, so they're already well on the path to recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the million dollar question

Apr 8, 2021, 9:54 AM

Because it’s a million dollar program. Is it normal? Are they playing or training injuries? Since players do not hit in practice like they used to, it seems to be training or technique related, or seeing a speed or level of play in games they don’t see at practice. Clemson players always seem to be beat up including NFL rookies.

Not pushing this narrative on staff. However, it seems the emphasis on strength and burst empahasis of the game has really changed from the Green Bay Packer days in the 50’s and 60’s when players practiced and hit hard with less lifting and less injuries. I can’t even recall anywhere near this level of injuries during the Danny Ford days of the late 70s and 80s when they practiced so hard the players said the games were like a vacation. Interested in what some of you men who played in the Ford era think of that statement and the injury rate back in those days. Thanks, let’s get healthy, and go 2021 Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you 100% on one aspect. It seems like the first

Apr 8, 2021, 9:58 AM

thing that happens to ANY of our guys when they get the NFL is that they get injured. Some before they have a chance to impress at all.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE BETTER TACKLING IN OPEN SPACE

Apr 8, 2021, 8:43 PM

It was the biggest issue for 2019 and 2020 in my opinion. With the Squad that Won 15 straight, it didn't matter who was making the tackle, those men would smash you head on. Last year's secondary and boundary positions would arm tackle. Too many missed tackles. You may can get away with it against the Citadel or Wake Forest, but not UGA, Bama, or even ND. Our Defense needs to return to Clemson/Venables Defense and start laying the wood on people. If there's not at least two opponents with snot bubbles after the play then the play wasn't ran right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic