Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Huge shoutout to the softball team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 3,752

Huge shoutout to the softball team

Mar 7, 2021, 6:26 PM

I’m a die hard baseball guy but they seem to bring the energy and fight I desire for the baseball team.

I find it odd that people are questioning the support they’re getting over baseball. Support both, but how bout them lady tigers! Huge for us that they’re getting so good so quick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huge shoutout to the softball team

Mar 7, 2021, 6:35 PM

Yea sir!! I’ll second that. Their games are a blast to watch.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 6:36 PM

They really are. They seem to have a blast together and it’s infectious

Mar 7, 2021, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge shoutout to the softball team ]

I've enjoyed them more than the other teams playing right now. They have the Clemson spirit!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 8, 2021, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge shoutout to the softball team ]

i cant wait to get to one, heading up in the next couple of weeks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Literally no one is questioning the support they are getting***

Mar 7, 2021, 7:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Literally no one is questioning the support they are getting***

Mar 7, 2021, 7:44 PM

Is that true? I must be bringing up memories from nowhere of posts saying that baseball is on, don’t become the coots supporting women’s sports because our men’s aren’t good, how are you watching softball instead of baseball when it’s on etc.

Mar 7, 2021, 7:54 PM

Great job Lady Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 8:04 PM

All in on these ladies ... +1 to Rad and BOT for making it happen ... Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those posters are men with low self-esteem who are threatened by women.

Mar 7, 2021, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Literally no one is questioning the support they are getting*** ]

I ignore them.

I’m loving our women’s softball team! They are fun to watch!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Those posters are men with low self-esteem who are threatened by women.

Mar 7, 2021, 8:00 PM

I agree! Very fun to watch. I’m just saying indefinitely remember multiple ignorant posts about watching baseball over softball.

Also, enjoy your basketball posts!

Re: Those posters are men with low self-esteem who are threatened by women.

Mar 7, 2021, 8:01 PM

I definitely *

And that’s what I meant when I said nobody.***

Mar 7, 2021, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Those posters are men with low self-esteem who are threatened by women. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear you say that considering you thought it was a

Mar 8, 2021, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Those posters are men with low self-esteem who are threatened by women. ]

waste of money to build the women's softball stadium.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Just because I think the money could've been better spent

Mar 8, 2021, 10:28 AM

on another women's sport like lacrosse doesn't mean that I don't support women's softball or am incapable of enjoying it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I told my son I was hoping for a daughter instead...

Mar 8, 2021, 10:36 AM

but I still feel we can enjoy his successes together as if I never said that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

There are a lot of good parenting books and resources

Mar 8, 2021, 10:44 AM

out there. You should check them out.

I know...

Mar 8, 2021, 10:45 AM

I wrote most of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So if we had it to do all over again, you would prefer we

Mar 8, 2021, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Just because I think the money could've been better spent ]

didn't spend the money to have women's softball at Clemson...even though you seem to enjoy it?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I don't have access to Clemson's detailed financial

Mar 8, 2021, 11:28 AM

statements, nor do I know what predicted revenue models for softball look like relative to other women's sports we could've added.

My sole concern from the start was the cost of adding softball. I'm assuming Clemson ran the numbers, and felt that the expense of constructing a brand new stadium for softball was justified in terms of the long-term revenue generated.

However, we just cut several track/cross country sports, citing unavailable funds. Could the money spent on women's softball have been spent to not only start a less expensive women's sport, but also keep the track/cross country sports going? Did Clemson know it would have to cut track/cross country at the time the decision to add softball was made, in order to pay for it?

Softball was long overdue at Clemson, when you consider

Mar 9, 2021, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Just because I think the money could've been better spent ]

virtually every high school in the state, and southeast, has softball.

Thank goodness he's not our AD...

Mar 8, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Glad to hear you say that considering you thought it was a ]

Or we'd have no softball and CBB would no longer be our basketball coach.

I wish you were our AD.

Mar 8, 2021, 10:45 AM

Then you wouldn't have time to post on TigerNet.

Thank you.***

Mar 8, 2021, 10:46 AM

No, thank you.***

Mar 8, 2021, 11:29 AM

No Thank You

Mar 9, 2021, 9:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Literally at least one poster is

Mar 7, 2021, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Literally no one is questioning the support they are getting*** ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/The-board-seems-to-have-more-posts-about-softball-than-2060999?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Literally at least one poster is

Mar 7, 2021, 9:10 PM

Thank you. I didn’t want to have to did to prove drummer boy wrong

Re: Literally at least one poster is

Mar 7, 2021, 9:11 PM

Dig*

Drummer boy. Ouch.***

Mar 7, 2021, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Literally at least one poster is ]

Re: Drummer boy. Ouch.***

Mar 7, 2021, 10:44 PM

Wasn’t really an insult just a play on words. But like I said, that narrative has been made

Mar 7, 2021, 8:54 PM

Agreed. And honestly it took way too long for Clemson to add women’s softball. It was a long time coming.

There will be an opportunity for this program to become elite.

I am excited for the program and our ladies!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 9:10 PM

Me too. If we made it to Oklahoma I would have a full blown cookout for it

Mar 8, 2021, 8:21 AM

They play some really good and spirited games. Love it!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 11:01 AM

They look to be the best spring sports team at this point with a good shot to be so at the end of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

and a happy international women's day to all.

Mar 8, 2021, 3:45 PM

go tigers!!

Mar 8, 2021, 7:23 PM

THEY ARE SPECIAL!!!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 3,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic