Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today’s world.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,146

Today’s world.

Mar 24, 2021, 2:28 AM

How can any man, rich or famous, ever entertain any sort of relationship with anybody without the risk of being sued? It’s impossible nowadays. If I was a pro athlete, I’d be terrified to be left alone in a room witch a woman anymore b/c it’ll be front page news tomorrow. DW4 is going to end up spending millions defending himself against baseless allegations. All of this is just sad. After all of this, I imagine DW4’s inner circle will only get smaller.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father worked back in the day of private offices with big

Mar 24, 2021, 6:26 AM

solid doors. He told me he never closed the door when a woman came in alone.

I later found out that there were a lot of shenanigans going on among his fellow managers, though in all fairness, there were plenty of willing female participants. That was back in the day when a secretary could be expected to be akin to a geisha girl.

My point is, as anybody of importance in this day, you need to be aware of perception and consequences.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: My father worked back in the day of private offices with big

Mar 24, 2021, 9:31 AM

As well as any married man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today’s world.

Mar 24, 2021, 6:56 AM

Maybe if you were a pro athlete you'd be very careful about who you let in to your inner circle. Maybe you'd be on guard not to have questionable associations. Maybe you'd be sure not to engage in behavior, or worse, patterns of behavior, you knew would make you subject to public ridicule and vulnerable to people making claims against you if that behavior came to light.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 7:18 AM

The vast majority pull it off without any problems.

Mar 24, 2021, 9:01 AM

Just spitballing but perhaps he should not hook up with ladies on Insta who are of questionable character.

Mar 24, 2021, 9:28 AM

All about the money. Look at what is going on worldwide nowadays. Money is the main subject. We have 3 Trillion bill from our government and we have to borrow money from other countries because we don't have it. It's just money but all the emphasis is on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 9:39 AM

The American Public holds about 80% of the national debt. Foreign entities (which Japan hold the most still, I think) hold less than most think . China only holds 1 trillion in debt or 3.5% I think Japan is about 4%. Then you have a lot of others like Britain, Ireland, Luxemburg, etc of our European trading partners hosting like 5-10% of it.

The national debt is a place to securely park money - that is the point and basically take it out of the "market" - really the market's risk without completely removing it. It is actually a very, very good practice to have debt there as you don't want tied to the market (like retirement, social security). It works well with some spending practices during economic shortfalls where people want to park money safely out of a shaky market and the government can potentially not completely not waste it back into the economy.

I think the "free paychecks" is horrifically bad. Better to put that into infrastructure. Highways could use some "grease". It just takes more time for that to be felt but those "cash payments" feel good. Sigh.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,146
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic