Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Houston Police Department announces investigation of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Houston Police Department announces investigation of Deshaun Watson

Apr 3, 2021, 9:54 AM

Houston Police Department announces investigation of Deshaun Watson

21 civil lawsuits have been filed against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. Now, the Houston Police Department announced on Friday night that a police report has been filed against Watson. "Today, a complainant filed a report with the Houston Police Department concerning Deshaun Watson. As Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Houston Police Department announces investigation of Deshaun Watson

Apr 3, 2021, 10:05 AM

Sad to watch the this. Lots of predators out there. Why were these accusers silent for months or years until the possibility of a pay day emerged? His agent should have had someone with him 24 /7. Be smarter.

Apr 3, 2021, 10:21 AM

You answered your own question. Payday for them and the attorney. Really, just that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2021, 10:31 AM

Again though, there's no payday; they're suing for essentially a total of $10k.

Watson makes $10k before breakfast, so the extortion part doesn't hold water IMO (i.e., it oddly supports both sides).

Apr 3, 2021, 12:21 PM

Hardin has also specifically challenged the December 2020 sexual assault claim. Last week, he provided a statement from Watson's marketing manager, who claims the plaintiff in that case admitted that she had a consensual encounter with Watson, but asked for $30,000 for her "indefinite silence." The manager said he did not provide the money.

After news of the first lawsuit broke, Watson tweeted that he's "never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect."

"The plaintiff's lawyer claims that this isn't about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected," Watson said in a March 16 statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 3, 2021, 3:53 PM

Right, those things happened... and aren't happening now. They're simply & explicitly not part of where we're at in this story.

Apr 3, 2021, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Houston Police Department announces investigation of Deshaun Watson ]

Yes sir, the jealousy of some bc of what others has earned is disgusting, and those types will stoop to any level with complete disregard of any common decency, or basic morals. They will lie, cheat, and steal while making false accusations against someone that has work hard to obtain what they have, and they will hire a lowlife like Buzbee to twist their lies, and false claims that will be used for intimidation, with an attempt to extort a sum of what they have!!!

I just can't imagine how pathetically low someone's morals has to be, to attempt to scam away what good people has worked their entire life to obtain.

It is IMO that this Buzbee is a person of very low character that has a law degree, and with his law degree, he has learned how to create situations to extort the rich, and well known professionals that simply uses the services of other so called professionals. I believe that Buzbee learned that DW4 used the services of the massage parlors, and he helped those girls to make up the misconduct stories to slander DW4 in the public eye in order for them to attempt to extort or sue DW4 if he didn't agree to the extortion price!!!

It also seems that this Buzbee character has made it a practice to use what he knows about the law, to allow him to make these false claims without it ever making himself liable for the slanderous words that he throws around to intimidate DW4. But one day, he will mistakenly go after a wealthy, well known celebrity that lives a secret life with even a lower character than the lowlife Buzbee, and he will mysteriously disappear like Mr Hoffa, and the world will be forever without another lowlife as this Buzbee really, and truly seems to be!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2021, 4:05 PM

There's a big difference between "massage parlors" that offer some sort of sexual service and massage therapists who study, take exams, are certified by the state and work hard in legal, ethical, and professional businesses--and sometimes for themselves. It's tempting to lump all the accusers into a single category that fits with what we want to believe about Watson, but that's not getting at what might be the truth of things.
Yeah, Buzbee may be shady, and some of the women might be lying, AND some of them are probably telling the truth. Many things can be true at once.

Ns

Apr 3, 2021, 10:05 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/forum/thread/now-that-the-houston-police-department-of-is-investigating-2065337

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2021, 10:29 AM

Frankly this is brilliant news.

I also don't know why there should be any expectation to find anything outright (hence the civil trial in the first place) but for DW that would mean the Houston PD would find nothing to file, nothing to charge him with (rather than a charge, trial and acquittal), and that would be a tremendous step towards closing it out cleanly.

If they do find something, I suppose we'll cross that bridge when they get there. Still, what we won't get is this circus-show mess that just hurts everyone & creates endless doubt.

Apr 3, 2021, 12:48 PM

Frankly this is brilliant news.

Brilliant news that the police have sufficient probable cause to launch a criminal investigation? Counting the lady from the SI article (which was troubling to say the least), and those that have given positive reports about their interaction with DW, I believe the number is now up to 40 "therapists". Wild guess says an investigation of phone and social media records will uncover a few more. Criminal penalties? Solicitation is not a huge deal. Was there something more? Probably tough to prove although we shall have to see how much more is uncovered. Potential for a lengthy suspension by the NFL? I would think so. Can you imagine the public outcry from Women's Activist groups should the NFL not dole out some significant punishment? The Women's movement is "Woke" as well and the timing could not have been worse.

Apr 3, 2021, 3:59 PM

No, not what you said (what's that about?), bur rather it's brilliant news that the police have enough desire to seek justice on their own in spite of the prosecution's own reluctance to work with the Houston PD in the first place.

Look, I hear you, but guilty or innocent I think the vast majority of us outside the story and arguably both sides of the story itself just want the truth. And yes, having the Houston PD involved certainly holds more water for more people than either of these two lawyers or the Houston Texans, for that matter (not to mention the NFL's own investigation). The NFL, as you suggested, will likely have to suspend Watson regardless of the investigation by nature, rather than by evidence of guilt (to-date).

Just A Wave Of Different Emotions ---

Apr 3, 2021, 2:33 PM

I feel for Watson's mother having to endure that her son is being painted as some sick of monster. I know she is constantly praying for him.

Maybe with whatever Deshaun got away with is now coming back to bite him....though it has gone to an extreme. These women sure have waited such a long time to say something. Wonder what happened in all that time of silence? I know....I know...they moved on with their own lives just like they've done when other low profiled guys came on to them that these women easily turned down. Or maybe just ....maybe they bragged about what Deshaun said to them....who knows.

It's a difficult tricky slippery slope being single.. rich...famous...with no kids...because you just never really know who is out to get you whether they have good intentions or not.....you just never really know. With that known it probably can get more lonely on a deeper level than a lot of people may not even realize. Thus the alleged tactic and approach Deshaun has been accused of taking.

Re: Just A Wave Of Different Emotions ---

Apr 3, 2021, 4:13 PM

Just because women wait to report something doesn't mean nothing happened or that they're now trying to profit from something. If you were a woman you'd know that being pressured or coerced is uncomfortable and scary -- but it's not always illegal. When this happens, we feel like #### but know that laws were not broken. Some of these women may be lying, but I doubt all are.
If you're man and have never been pressured or coerced then you have to admit you don't know what women feel and why we do what we do or don't do.

The HPD investigation is a good thing

Apr 4, 2021, 1:25 AM

because it will accelerate progress towards closing this whole affair.

If there is enough evidence to file charges, it will force Deshaun and Rusty Hardin to settle because the sordid details of a trial process could inflict permanent damage on Deshaun.

If there is not enough evidence to charge, Buzbee's house of cards will crumble.

There is one person that is not repped by Buzbee and her case seems to be the strongest. I imagine money might be paid but only after all the others are resolved.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic