Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer

Mar 1, 2021, 6:42 PM

Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer

News broke on Sunday that cornerback Derion Kendrick was no longer with the Clemson football program, and Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney made his first comments Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer

Mar 1, 2021, 6:54 PM

Can anyone give any further details on the why...? Even if it’s he said, there has to be more information out there

Mar 1, 2021, 6:59 PM

yes someone can but they wont because it isnt any of our business. those who need to know do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 9:27 PM

To me ,there’s kind of 2 sides to that. Do I have to know,No. Would I like to know , Yes.

I’m assuming he didn’t pay for his college out of his own pocket. So does a Iptay member have a right to know, I’m not sure . Now if he attended on his own dime, then I stand corrected and the answer is No, it’s no ones business.

Not losing sleep on it, but I think the conversation can be had that if someone has you (Iptay Member) paying for his education, maybe you have a right to know. I’m not an Iptay member so I’m out of luck either way.

You couldn't be more wrong. Just because you belong to IPTAY

Mar 2, 2021, 6:00 AM

gives you no right to private information about a player, their education, disciplinary issues or the team. When you sign a scholarship, you do not sign a waiver that releases your personal information to the public. When a student enrolls in college, they have to grant access to their personal information to their parents. Of course, I want to know, but I have no right to that knowledge, other than what is granted by the individual. I hope that your poast was sarcasm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FERPA says otherwise.***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: FERPA says otherwise.***

Mar 2, 2021, 2:24 PM

You must not have a college student. Plus, FURBIE says nothing about IPTAY. Color your poast as inaccurate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer ]

For anyone that feels they must know the reason behind DK being removed from the team, you can file with the freedom of information act, and you can get that information I believe....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish DK the best. Enjoyed watching him as a Clemson Tiger

Mar 1, 2021, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer ]

these last few years!!!

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Kelly says welcome to the "Once a Tiger" club.***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell him we say "Hi"***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the rules for once a Tiger always a Tiger?

Mar 2, 2021, 8:33 AM

Step foot on campus? Put on the helmet? Play in a game? Graduate?

Mar 1, 2021, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney makes first public comments on Derion Kendrick transfer ]

In my opinion no one outside of the team needs to know why DK is no longer on the team. If DK decides to explain why then so be it. But I actually like the fact that Dabo never talks negatively about anyone who has given effort, time and work into the program. I was always taught to praise in public and punish in private.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 11:53 AM

Mar 1, 2021, 6:56 PM

Dabo is always kind and generous about these situations.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:01 PM

Future recruits read about this and seeing the coach respecting the young man is a plus.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:25 PM

As expected a classy, supportive comment from Dabo Swinney. I appreciate the manner in which Coach Swinney handles tough situations. I would expect his players also take note of and appreciate his commitment to them come what may. I suspect his support of the players pays lifelong benefits for Clemson, for the players and for who most of our fans want us to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 8:32 PM

exactly why I love Dabo and his approach to these kids... he's not giving up on DK as a person, but maintains standards within the program...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ And This. Not much more for fans to say.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:03 PM

Mar 1, 2021, 11:04 PM

It'll be interesting to see where he lands and what position he lands in. I would think since he gets this year back that he will have 2 years if he wants.

Good luck DK, as long as it ain't uga or coots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 11:58 PM

So glad you were a Tiger-- best wishes to DK #1

Mar 3, 2021, 2:18 AM

There are 420 reasons why DK isn’t on the team anymore unfortunately..

Mar 2, 2021, 7:30 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic