Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson

Apr 13, 2021, 8:01 AM

The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson

Brent Venables calls freshman linebacker Jeremiah Trotter Jr. a "throwback" with the "right stuff." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson

Apr 13, 2021, 8:28 AM

What I get out of that, is that Trotter's mission over the summer is to eat well, but eat all he can, then burn it in the weight room putting on some muscle pounds. When we hear that BV is that excited about a player, we as fans can look forward to the good things that they'll be able to do on, and off the field. It also tells me that they went after, and brought in a Clemson FB player that has all the right stuff, go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 8:44 AM

You're right. We have some great backers but the good news is he'll be able to pick up the QB role sooner than later.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 12:46 PM

You're right. We have some great backers but the good news is he'll be able to pick up the QB role sooner than later.

what??---Please explain.

LB is the QB of the defense

Apr 15, 2021, 3:21 AM

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Apr 13, 2021, 8:44 AM

High as Trotter was ranked in the end, he flew under the radar for most of the recruiting season. Dabo & staff got in on him early due to Trotter's father and they all stayed low key in promoting Jr I think. Ex NFL players and coaches at the College & Pro levels wanting their kids to give Clemson a look is a theme now with Clemson. This speaks highly of Dabo. How fortunate we are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post absolutely nailed***

Apr 13, 2021, 11:28 AM

Re: Your post absolutely nailed***

Apr 13, 2021, 1:16 PM

Thank you.

One more thing, I don't miss the Ford days but I think Danny Ford got kind of a raw deal and believe his era wasn't nearly as shady as his detractors say, but since then our Administration/BOT have made a concerted effort to improve our image and it has paid off above and beyond what they could've ever dreamed. They hired coaches with good reputations who I'm sure we're told to run clean programs. Even Tommy West who was hired to appease the Ford loyalists ran maybe the cleanest program in America according to him.

Yes we are fortunate to have the success Dabo has brought but you can say we made our own luck so to speak. We provided an atmosphere where a coach like Dabo could flourish. I couldn't be happier with Dabo but I just wanted to give credit to all involved and that includes the majority be of our fan base. I don't think most of us would have things any other way now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson ]

Wrong, Trotter never flew under any radar let alone here in Pennsylvania. He made himself known among top ten Pennsylvania players since 10th grade. They simply do not go unnoticed here at all.
Just ask Keith Maguire! They both went to rival private high schools which are well known for producing standout football players. Trotter's fellow QB and WR teammates are off to Ohio State as well! Trotter is truly a like father, like son LB and will produce on the national level! Go TROT!!!!

Apr 14, 2021, 9:05 AM

LOL, it is a bit of a stretch to say that a player that finished ranked as high as 7 overall in the nation, and had tons of offers could possibly be considered as flying under the radar! Most of the top 250-300 players are pretty heavily recruited.

Apr 15, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson ]

When we we first heard of him here on Tigernet he wasn't that highly rated. He wasn't brought up much in articles or by posters either. Late in his last year that changed. I don't keep up with Pennsylvania sports or any other regions specifically but that was the trend by national outlets far as I saw too. My post was not to denigrate Trotter. By all accounts he is a major talent. I'm glad he chose Clemson. Does this help?

And he has a younger brother

Apr 13, 2021, 9:06 AM

Josiah Trotter, 2023 LB that could be even better. He's already 6'2", which is taller than Junior. And he's already picked up some big time offers. I'm sure Clemson will be all over him next year. Their father was an absolute unit for the Eagles. I'm sure Dawkins is staying in his ear about Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 12:32 PM

Totally random thought: I know college teams often have guys wearing the same number, both O and D...but how often does it happen that both players have the same name, as well? Mason Trotter on offense, Jeremiah Trotter on defense.

I bet this dude is going to be a big time player for us

Apr 13, 2021, 12:58 PM

Hopefully they get him on the field early and often.

Apr 13, 2021, 1:18 PM

Sorry for going off topic, David

Apr 13, 2021, 1:18 PM

Sorry for going off topic, David

Apr 13, 2021, 1:49 PM

What is the process they use to grade players?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 7:11 PM

90%-100% is an A
80%-89% is a B
70%-79% is a C

There are no Ds or Fs allowed.

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 7:43 PM

The 'Quiet Assassin' lurks in Apartment 1A at Clemson

Brent Venables calls freshman linebacker Jeremiah Trotter Jr. a "throwback" with the "right stuff." Full Story »

Don’t forget Brian Dawkins and Jeremiah trotter are very good friends. The axe man, trotter senior, went to a small college in Texas. Stephen F Austin, he wanted his sin to go big and B-Dawkins had lots to do with that. The second coming of the axe man would be amazing!!!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic