Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Lyn-J Dixon: Transferring wasn't option for him because Clemson equips for life
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,844

TNET: Lyn-J Dixon: Transferring wasn't option for him because Clemson equips for life

Mar 5, 2021, 8:01 AM

Lyn-J Dixon: Transferring wasn't option for him because Clemson equips for life

Many people expected Clemson running back Lyn-J Dixon to test the transfer portal at some point over the last few seasons, but Dixon has never wavered from his commitment to the Tigers. With the starting job up for grabs this season, Dixon is maintaining his stoic attitude and only has one worry: himself. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The notice that popped up showed only Lyn-J TRANSFERRING

Mar 5, 2021, 8:05 AM

My God! Give me a heart attack this morning, TNET!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The notice that popped up showed only Lyn-J TRANSFERRING

Mar 5, 2021, 8:36 AM

I had to double take at the title myself.

Glad he has been true to his commitment. Shows a ton about his character. Lyn J news and info has been quiet since his freshman year. Reminds me kind of like Zac Brooks. He just bidded his time until it came then did the most with it. I think he actually played a few NFL snaps for the Seahawks too.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got me too, I think that was probably on purpose***

Mar 5, 2021, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to The notice that popped up showed only Lyn-J TRANSFERRING ]

Tigernet = The Kings of Clickbait

Mar 5, 2021, 12:33 PM

Yeppers, and it causes me wonder why do they feel they need to use clickbait tactics to get their stories read here. Just saying that for me, I've been a T-Netter for the past 14 years, and I'm here everyday to read everything they post about Clemson, Clemson sports, and our Clemson athletes, and no clickbait needed to draw me to one of their articles, ever!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to The notice that popped up showed only Lyn-J TRANSFERRING ]

Same here

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

He has a good shot at +1200 all purpose yards this season

Mar 5, 2021, 9:06 AM

I think he will keep #1 status barring injury. He is seriously underrated by the TNET faithful

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I never understood why he had so many critics on

Mar 5, 2021, 9:17 AM

here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He has a good shot at +1200 all purpose yards this season

Mar 5, 2021, 10:48 AM [ in reply to He has a good shot at +1200 all purpose yards this season ]

I have never understood the vibe shown him to be honest. He has shown very good top end speed when healthy, has some wiggle, and up until the Ohio state game inn2020 and this year was actually a much better receiver than ETN. Was fluid catching the ball. If his time in mat drills and the weight room has done it's part he will be a good back this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Straight up running style, happy feet in the backfield...

Mar 5, 2021, 10:11 PM [ in reply to He has a good shot at +1200 all purpose yards this season ]

...and not hitting the hole are the usual tnet knocks on him. I can't disagree with that based on what I've seen. That being said, he's had some great flashes and the job is his to lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: TNET: Lyn-J Dixon: Transferring wasn't option for him because Clemson equips for life

Mar 5, 2021, 9:19 AM

Lyn-j has proven that he's Allin, no doubt about it. Very mature of him to recognize and accept that football is just one facet of his life. Hope he has a great year, I'm pulling for him.

Dixon

Mar 5, 2021, 9:55 AM

Is showing what a Clemson man really is and I hope everyone will fully support him this year. He made a commitment to Clemson and is living up to his word. Others could learn from this young mans character. I hope that he has a 1000 yard season. Says a lot about coach Dabo too.

Dixon right now is in almost the exact same spot that

Mar 5, 2021, 10:10 AM

Feaster was in a couple years ago. He is going to get a lot of playing time, but by no means, even if he wins the starting job, will he be a lone featured back. There is just too much other talent at the position.

Now, despite all his current thoughts, if someone takes the starting job away from him coming out of fall camp, he would almost certainly entertain entering the transfer portal as an option. But, just as was the case with Feaster, I think that would be a huge mistake on his part.

Not that he would ever give a straight answer, but I would love to know, in his heart of hearts, if Feaster had it to do over again, would he make the same decision. Transferring is one thing, but transferring to Cooterville is a whole other kettle of fish. To me, Feaster's last name will forever be Arnold now, first name Benedict.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dixon right now is in almost the exact same spot that

Mar 5, 2021, 2:43 PM

Cut Feaster some slack, he's history. He graduated from Clemson, and his dream was to play in the NFL. I think going to cooterville was a huge mistake that didn't work out for him. Then he got his chance in the NFL, but that hasn't worked out yet (cut from 3 teams). I wish the SC native and Clemson Grad the best of luck in life. He made some really good plays for Clemson over the years, and in big games too. I have seen many bad people playing football over the years, Feaster was not one of them.

Re: TNET: Lyn-J Dixon: Transferring wasn't option for him because Clemson equips for life

Mar 5, 2021, 10:28 AM

Wow that’s awesome. First Powell now Dixon. Glad to see and here some guy love the grind and commitment they made to Clemson and Clemson has made to them. There has never been a very successful player that transferred from Clemson to another FBS team. Some of these guys see the grass isn’t always greener.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay Uplifted

Mar 5, 2021, 11:25 AM

Love it when players can hold their own and not be scared of competition. Transfer should never be an issue when it comes to playing for a great team as Clemson! Stay, fight and victory will be yours!Go Lyn-J Dixon and Go Tigers! Stay uplifted!

Re: If you want to be the man

Mar 5, 2021, 12:34 PM

you play like the man. Don't take one practice play off. Don't take one game play off. Play smart, have fun. When the dust settles there will be no regrets.

Mar 5, 2021, 1:59 PM

Here’s hoping he has a breakout senior season like Terrance Flagler did back in the day. When Kenny Flowers got hurt early in the season Flagler stepped in and went from back up to an NFL drafted RB by the 49ers if memory serves.

Pulling for great success for Dixon!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,844
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic