Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: "It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: "It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay

Apr 12, 2021, 8:01 AM

"It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay

Gary Danielson was wrong. Very wrong. Teams that run an up-tempo spread are winning National Championships. Just ask Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: "It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay

Apr 12, 2021, 8:50 AM

I rarely listen to talking heads and Danielson doesn't seem real bright the few times I have no reached for the volume.

But, nothing is forever in football and it will eventually be something else. Historically, it always has been.

Re: TNET: "It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay

Apr 12, 2021, 1:46 PM

When it takes 13 years for a hot take, I think you're exactly right. ;)

Re: Danielson Was Right On A Little Something That Is Still Big ---

Apr 12, 2021, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: "It's a different world": Sorry Gary Danielson, Swinney says the spread is here to stay ]

You do need a O-line to run it down the throats of defenses...especially when it really counts.

Apr 12, 2021, 10:57 AM

Anyone listened to Danielson? So glad he doesn't cover the ACC, he knows his stuff, but is highly critical of everything.

Interesting to bring him up when we're hoping for improved line play. Dominant football is when it's 4th and 1 and the other team's line knows they can't do anything about it, whether on O or D.

Apr 12, 2021, 1:46 PM

I dunno, this feels like a stretch.

After all, the sport has changed a LOT since 2008, you know?

We as Clemson fans should know that better than most----look where we were in 2008, starting off as conference hopefuls for the first time in ages only to get demolished in the season opener & our only wins were against unranked teams (again?). Now we're a perennial favorite with no legitimate competition in the league.
Danielson was wrong about the spread, but I don't think anyone could have predicted what football would have become a generation later, least of all us (i.e., we weren't running the spread here back then, either). I don't love or listen to Danielson, but still, hard to argue too much about predictions from when our players were 4 years old, know what I mean?

Apr 12, 2021, 1:58 PM

Saban stuck to his guns until Clemson (and Ole Miss and A&M) ran up and down the field on his team’s in 2016 and 2017.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 2:31 PM

By then even Alabama was running spread; now it's almost all of what they do & look at 'em. We were horrible in 2008, to be fair, but it felt like the start of something new in 2009.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:09 PM

My mama always said the proof is in the pudding! Mmh mmh that’s good!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Come on, David! Don't say Danielson is "great at what he does"!

Apr 12, 2021, 3:12 PM

He is absolutely the worst color commentator in all of sports! The one announcer that will make me turn off the sound! He sure has his nose shoved up Sabin's butt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic