Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite

Apr 6, 2021, 8:01 AM

DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite

DJ Uiagalelei is unflappable. Whether he’s dodging oncoming behemoths or answering questions from the media, he doesn’t get rattled. With that part of his game fine-tuned, he will spend the summer working on becoming a better leader. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite

Apr 6, 2021, 8:04 AM

that wind-up tho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 8:07 AM

Looks like he will get stripped a lot.

Apr 6, 2021, 8:11 AM

i know, I am always waiting for it to happen. The coaches say it doesn't matters because the velocity on his throw negates any advantage a defender might get. But he has to shorten that release. In college, they will not mess with it if it working for them. Phillip rivers had one of the odder releases in college. But when he gets into the pros they will tie his wrist to his shoulder pad with a bungie if they have to.

he does have a nasty little side-armed throw I have only seen a couple of times. That one has a compact release and he still zings it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite ]

Similar to his baseball throw.

Apr 6, 2021, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: DJ Uiagalelei pleased with spring performance, looks to become elite ]

I am not worried about DJ's throwing motion, dude can flat fling it. As pointed out, look at Phillip Rivers he threw the ball like a shot put, but was one of the great QB's the last 20 years. Galloway will do well at TE, we have to remember he really has not played much football. Basketball was his sport in HS, he is developing and I think will have a good year in 2021.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 9:22 AM

It seems to me like, that if DJ is having issues with becoming the leader of the offense, just maybe the offensive players should have a private, personal meeting with DJ, and tell him that their job is to follow his lead bc he is the one that's going to take the heat when things don't go right, and he is the one that will get the credit when things go right, bc he is the one responsible for moving the ball down the field, and it is the QBs job to set the stage before the ball is snapped!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJs numbers couldve been way more gaudy had he been able

Apr 6, 2021, 10:44 AM

to play without the touch rule. Alot of his game is stepping through the pocket and creating plays on the run. Alot of those plays got blown dead due to the touch rule. He side stepped alot of pressure that probably would've been big chunk plays downfield but..the rules are the rules for the orange and white game.

I do hope we get a tight end consistently involved this year. When Clemson has a tight end as a safety valve...thats one more play the defense has to account for. Notre Dame was pedestrian without their tight end last year. If we had a legitimate force at tight end it opens up so much for our offense.

Re: DJs numbers couldve been way more gaudy had he been able

Apr 6, 2021, 11:39 AM

This x1000. We haven't had a serious TE threat since Leggett left.

I am so happy Dabo moved Pearman away from the ST's and TE's. Those were both our largest liability the last 5-6 seasons or so, and Pearman is an awful coach and awful person I've been told.

My hopes about Galloway were dashed as he hasn't panned out whatsoever, so I'm hoping Briningstool makes the big leap and we finally have an over the middle threat.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 1:05 PM

Hopefully you are joking ?? the other alternative is the bad word.....COOT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Was His Little Brother....

Apr 6, 2021, 2:47 PM

At the game ? I sure hope so,he'll be an All-American one day.

As to Galloway...he's had some injuries but it's not his fault as to his performance . We have haven't used a tight end in the offensive scheme since Leggett left . I don't know why. HEck when they've thrown to Galloway he's caught the ball .

DJ will be an All-American as well. He's fine...his performance at ND showed just what he can do .

Apr 6, 2021, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: DJs numbers couldve been way more gaudy had he been able ]

Gallaway is good and so is Allen. Not sure what you are talking about.

Allen and Galloway have been supplemental at best

Apr 6, 2021, 4:46 PM

Getting 2 attempts a game is not the consistency i'm looking for. Guys like Brandon Ford, Michael Palmer, Dwayne Allen, Jordan Leggett all made huge contributions to our teams on a consistent basis. They were safety valves in huge games. Not just blockers. Is it too much to have at least 6 attempts/ catches a game? ITs disappointing that Trevor never had a quality Tight End to go to.

The passes to dAvis Allen for TDs last year were a welcomed sight early in the year. But he wasn't much of a factor against OSU and he wasn't much of a factor really all that much throughout the season.

Notre Dame always has one, BC always has one, most teams that tend to give us fits always have a tight end. Which player on Alabama's teams in the CFP gave us the most fits? OJ Howard / Tight End. Tight ends are huge weapons when utilized. I hope this Briningstool fella gets utilized in the coming years.

Apr 6, 2021, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: DJs numbers couldve been way more gaudy had he been able ]

Not panned out? He wasn’t even in the top 500 players coming out of high school. He’s performed beyond expectations.

Apr 6, 2021, 5:56 PM

I missed parts of the game (including the opening drive TD), but DJ didn't look comfortable at all to me. Part of it was the pressure, but he also missed throws.

He's being asked to do more thinking now vs. the two games last year where the game plan was simplified for him.

Not worried yet.

One more point: With guys like Pace and Mafah in the backfield, play-action passing needs to become a staple of our offense.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic