Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,235

TNET: Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR

Mar 3, 2021, 8:01 AM

Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR

Clemson finished 10th in total offense and sixth in passing offense last season. Now, they must replace QB Trevor Lawrence, but after DJ Uiagalelei’s two-game trial by fire, replacing the all-time great Tiger QB seems less daunting. Taking a closer look. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to see a EJ, Justyn, and Frank WR combination

Mar 3, 2021, 10:07 AM

at Boundary, Slot, and Field... Also wouldn’t mind seeing a healthy mix of Lyn J, Mellusi and Kobe Pace at RB with Shipley receiving out of the backfield.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to see a EJ, Justyn, and Frank WR combination

Mar 3, 2021, 10:12 AM

If Ngata didn’t have injuries last year you’d be raving to see him more. He’s going to impress tremendously once he’s able to get on the field 100%.

Mar 3, 2021, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Would love to see a EJ, Justyn, and Frank WR combination ]

Thanks for reading. EJ on the boundary, Frank on the field WR, and Justyn in the slot would be an extremely high upside trio.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2021, 11:36 AM

My concern, & I get a lot of flack for this from other CU fans, is the lack of competition & prep for the CFP. We'll have better stats than ever but otherwise ineligible for the major awards &, more importantly, inexperienced at dealing with adversity. I know UGA is elite, but being week 1 I'm not sure what else to make of it.

Mar 3, 2021, 12:43 PM

It’s where going up against the bed every day of the week in practice helps

Mar 3, 2021, 2:15 PM

I know what you mean, but aren't they having the same problem? It seems to keep happening, & I can handle not being ineligible for the Heisman again but it's frustrating to see our Ferraris racing against bicycles until the CFP when we look sincerely unprepared.

Mar 3, 2021, 2:35 PM

We've won more games in the playoffs than lost. Sincerely unprepared isn't how I would describe it that would be for Oklahoma.

Mar 3, 2021, 4:07 PM

I see what you mean. To be fair, Oklahoma's schedule is vastly more challenging outright (plus they face several bye-week opponents). I'm not saying we never produce against elite teams, but it's not exactly getting easier to watch us coast through the schedule & rightfully not be eligible for major awards again. 2020 was an oddly surprising blessing (schedule-wise) & the rewards were inescapable including the biggest, most-watched game in ACC history. I don't see it as "we deserve respect" so much as our PLAYERS deserve the chance to control their own destiny outright & it's hard not to notice the difference between the schedule & any CFP contenders, but it's impossible for me to think it wouldn't benefit everyone (especially us as fans).

Re: I Engotta see It before I believe it.

Mar 3, 2021, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Would love to see a EJ, Justyn, and Frank WR combination ]

Keep hearing about Ngata and Ladsen, but the proof is in the pudding at this point. I know they have been out due to injury etc. Time to put out.

Re: TNET: Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR

Mar 3, 2021, 11:08 AM

My concern is the groups will both likely be improved but how will we know, or rather, will we know before it's too late? The schedule, for example, has no real bumps on it at all; the 2020 schedule was immeasurably more competitive & even included bye-week teams, but this year we'll have less competition, no bye teams & therefore I expect the stats to at least suggest these groups are even better... but then we get into the CFP to finally face competitive teams & that's my sincere concern (the UGA game being week 1 only needs to be competitive but week 1 rarely signifies much regardless).

Re: TNET: Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR

Mar 3, 2021, 11:40 AM

I think I’ll live in Missouri with Ladson and Ngata - they will have to show me they are durable and productive for 9-12 games before I believe it. And I guess Jaylen Lay has disappeared at TE so either move him to G or T or DE because we are wasting a physical specimen as a project TE. I guess that’s why you have spring football.

Lots of potential & unknowns

Mar 3, 2021, 1:42 PM

WR is loaded with potential. And J. Ross in the slot just magnifies that potential. Who can stay healthy, get on the same page as DJ, and bring the Nuk hands to the party? My take is Ross & Ngata start, and Ladson and EJ fight it out at the other position. Dacari and Stellato are talented question marks, and I look for Beaux Collins to get reps early with his already built rapport with DJ.

RB is more of a crapshoot with plenty of talent. Lynn J and Mellusi now have their shot. Can they run with improved blocking, catch the screens, and protect DJ? They have the upper class advantage. But the sophs and even more so the freshmen bring unknowns and more star potential. Dabo and Tony know who they have coming back. And rest assured they will play the jrs and srs early, but they’ll also give the young guys a shot if they have break out potential. Lots to look forward to 2021. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of potential & unknowns

Mar 3, 2021, 2:17 PM

In all sincerity, I don't see any defense on the schedule after UGA that will pose any problems whatsoever; Dixon will get the reps & yards by nature & there's nothing in our way stat-wise with the schedule (my concern is still the CFP when we play vs. good teams again).

Re: Lots of potential & unknowns

Mar 3, 2021, 11:55 PM

You keep saying that, over and over...and over again.. ok, sure, I will bite. How were they so unprepared? Because they lost to Ohio State? How many times had Ohio State beaten CU previously. Zero, 0-4 2 of those losses were in playoffs. Ok, so LSU? That was the best team money could buy, in more ways than one. And even then I would say we MORE than had our chances to win that for most of 3 quarters. In the playoffs we have beaten Oklahoma, Alabama 2x and Ohio State 2x. Again, your making it like our boys are Choklahoma or a Pac/Big 10 pretender. So in a nutshell, stop with you shenanigans, your agenda isn't working here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic