Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read.

Feb 5, 2021, 12:50 PM

Just wanted to take moment to say hello to all y'all good folk.

On my way to Chas from Sacramento, super excited. Hate the way the season ended, but the OH ST game, much like LSU last year, left no doubt. We got whooped.

On the Sacramento ICU work front...
I posted updates of covid and what I saw early, some didn't care for it and some really liked... It is way worse now then I even could have imagined. I'm not saying its like this everywhere, idk, but my lil 300 bed hospital is busting at the seams.

We have three 10 bed ICU units, mixed cardiac, trauma, medical.
Each month since Aug I think, we have increased our COVID #s bit by bit while trying to maintain our general population needs. We have expanded out into a telemetry unit nit meant for ICU care since Dec. We have 45-50 icu pts in a hospital designed for 30. 35ish is the average covid ICU number. Many people, once on a vent, go on 6-10 drips, paralyzed, sedated, bp meds, etc... and linger.. and linger. We prone them (put them on stomach for 16h, back for 8h) and very few get better. I think we have had 2 get extubated and downgrade their level of care in months.

I also work as the house call guy, Rapid Response RN... go where I'm needed, CPR for codes, etc... So many times I've been rounding on our non telemetry floor to find COVID pts agonally breathing (ineffective gasps) and use the bag valve mask til we can intubate and move to ICU. We've peaked and plateaud for months at 65-80 COVID pts total...

Anesthesia, Interventional Cardiologists, and Trauma docs work underneath a pulmanology intesivists to deliver care to this pt load. They aren't ICU MDs.. its like 1 pulm int woth 2 other MDs beneath them.. qualified, but not their specialty. The pulmonogy doc is like the HC, with 2 coordinators. Cool, but just sayin, you want the right people taking care of you... its madness. It works. But absolute war zone feel most days. Its very common yo see tears streaming down the faces of veteran men and women, experienced.... its heartbreaking to hold someone's hand so they don't die alone, as their fam watches on a zoom call.

This is the real picture. And while it seems demoralizing at times, crushing... what I hold on to is the knowledge that when we do all come back together, the silence that has been will.give way to a collective ROAR. For all of us.

Hard times folks, but much brighter days ahead. I know it.
I don't care where this virus came from. I don't care about your politics. I do hope and pray each if you are safe and well, and I encourage you to stay vigilant.
If you're down, remember your joy. Take a walk, get in the sun, think of your Tigers, your Clemson family, and trust the best is yet to come.

Love to all
And as always
GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Enjoy your well earned and deserved trip. Stay safe and

Feb 5, 2021, 1:04 PM

keep us updated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read.

Feb 5, 2021, 1:05 PM

Stay safe my friend. Have you received both of your injections ? If so, continue to wear your mask but you know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am 3.5 weeks past my 2nd injection

Feb 5, 2021, 1:21 PM

Masked and aviator glasses on this flight.
Not for me so much as others at this point.
I'll see my folks from the backyard through a screen, but hope to soon hug my mom again.

I'll be with my daughter. Excited for that.

If folks are curious:
I got the pfizer vax.
1st one left me with EXTREME body fatigue for 24h, nothing else. No aches, no fever, just fatigue. Walked 5 blocks to get a coffee, almost took an Uber back.

2nd vax is supposed to be worse, so I prepped as if a snowstorm was coming. Food made, fridge loaded, movies to watch...
Nothing.

Cheers folks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Glad to hear that about the 2nd shot

Feb 5, 2021, 4:46 PM

Getting that one next week- 1st one had no effect on me - actually did more yard work the next 2 days than I had done since summer

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moderna here. 1st dose - kinda like my reaction to the flu vaccine.

Feb 6, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to I am 3.5 weeks past my 2nd injection ]

Some fatigue. Arm was way sore and was the only symptom that lingered.

2nd dose - just this Thursday, weird. Fine day of for a few hours then headache, congestion, mild body aches, fatigue in the evening. Then fine again for about 12 hours. But around dinner time yesterday the chills hit and mild sore throat. Now fine again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am 3.5 weeks past my 2nd injection

Feb 6, 2021, 9:23 AM [ in reply to I am 3.5 weeks past my 2nd injection ]

My wife had the pfizer, and she says that she felt no negative effects from it, and that just proves that we're all different in different ways... What's good for one, could be terrible for others!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 1:20 PM

Thank you for what you do! Exhaustion is your constant companion, I'm sure. Enjoy your time away and regroup. Bless you and your family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 1:37 PM

This #### got real in the upstate at the end of November. From one RN to the other hang in there.

Thank you, and same to you my brother

Feb 5, 2021, 3:11 PM

I've never appreciated or even needed the encouragement the way I do now.
You feel that?
Used to be, youre a nurse, wow, thanks... and I'd think, nah, its just what i do.
Now I hear it and am like, thank you. I needed to hear 9that.
I feel the same for all these folks out working... Makes me appreciate and respect everyone out there working, trying.
Hard times for everyone for sure.
Be safe!

null

Re: Thank you, and same to you my brother

Feb 5, 2021, 3:33 PM

We appreciate you! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and enjoy your break.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 5, 2021, 2:08 PM

A HUGE thank you to all our medical personnel. It's been a tremendous strain on all y'all. We are staying safe in part to not over load the already struggling system. If y'all can keep a mask on for hours and days at a time, I can put one on for 20 min while I'm at the store. If y'all can work days on end, I can make do with carry out.

God bless you, stay safe, and enjoy your recovery time.

THANKS !

Feb 5, 2021, 2:45 PM

Great to hear from you Soywalker. It appears you and the family are doing great as well. The prayers a while back must have come through. Hang in there. I always thank the frontline workers and even the workers in the grocery stores when I see them, and thanks for what you do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay well and thank you for all you do.

Feb 5, 2021, 3:25 PM

I can't imagine how physically and emotionally exhausted you must be.

Stay strong! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU are a true hero!! This is the POTD! You warned

Feb 5, 2021, 4:05 PM

is early and many made fun and discounted your brave post. You kept your cool then and now. You were right. God bless you and the many lives you have touched and saved. You’re a super hero in my eyes and I can only pray my three children are as great as you!

Yep, this is what I was about to post...I remember when some

Feb 5, 2021, 7:00 PM

folks were skeptical and thought it was being overblown... then soy would come on and drop real world knowledge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

There is no greater privilege . . .

Feb 5, 2021, 4:21 PM

than to serve others as they draw their final breath and graduate this life.

Thank you, soywaker, for sharing kindness when there is nothing left to share.

You are admired, loved and prayed for daily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow @skeeta56 and @greatertater

Feb 5, 2021, 5:06 PM

Y'all humble me truly.

It is a privilege, and with 15 yrs ICU experience, an obligation.
I truly feel like life has prepared me and put me exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I am grateful to clock out and leave each day after having the opportunity to try each day.

And don't be confused, I am payed well. This isn't altruism. However, there is something different right now. A sense of duty. I can give what is needed. Its a blessing and a curse.

Peace be with y'all

null

Re: Wow @skeeta56 and @greatertater

Feb 6, 2021, 9:28 AM

Any time that a man/woman can be humbled by others, that shows that there is something good about them, I've always believed that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 7:40 AM

Soy, thanks for all you do. Appreciate your posts and your perspective on what you are experiencing as a health care provider. Looking ahead to a better 2021 and hoping Death Valley can rock once again soon!

Shout out to your daughter, and hoping she is doing well!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 6, 2021, 9:16 AM

I am schedule to get my 1st dose of the covid vaccine on 2-11, for the best visit I've ever made to gamecock park off bluff rd, ;) and bet I'll be in my Tiger gear from the top of my head, to my feet, Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Thank you for all that you do.

Feb 6, 2021, 10:15 AM

It’s amazing that a huge chunk of the population still finds all of this a hoax, overblown, etc.

I blame social media and fake news on the internet.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 6, 2021, 11:28 AM

Our house is COVID positive as of this week. I'm not too concerned for my three boys (two are sick; my 16-yo has symptoms that resemble a cold, my 13-yo has a headache and a mild fever and that's about it, my 11-yo is not showing anything yet), but I must admit I'm worried about my wife and myself catching it. We're both in good health, but both have one or two conditions each that could exacerbate a COVID infection. And its effect on people is just totally random.

Just hoping we make it through February without any hospital visits.

I am not sure what is recommended for your situation....

Feb 6, 2021, 11:42 AM

But please be careful Grover. I pray that your kids recover quickly and that you and your wife stay well.

Re: I am not sure what is recommended for your situation....

Feb 12, 2021, 9:26 AM

Kids seem to be pulling through with no issues. I came down with it yesterday but so far it's not too bad. Hoping my wife and youngest manage to avoid it.

Get well....

Feb 13, 2021, 8:59 AM

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I just prayed for your family.***

Feb 6, 2021, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read. ]

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I just prayed for your family.***

Feb 12, 2021, 9:25 AM

Thank you.

My oldest is non-contagious as of a few days ago and he recovered fine. My middle son has a few more days to go but his symptoms were all mild and never got worse (headache, sore throat, mild fever, loss of taste/smell. No coughing, strangely).

However, I started having symptoms yesterday and it's all but certain I have it. I've isolated in the guestroom and can only hope my wife and youngest don't catch it too. My symptoms are mild so far, although this headache feels like it's about to rip my skull in half.

Feb 6, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read. ]

I will pray that you and wife make it through just fine!!! But somebody was careless, and that is sad bc, very young kids that don't really understand the seriousness of this virus!!!

Feb 6, 2021, 12:52 PM

Thank You Soywalker for all that You have been through and all that you continue to do. I continue to pray for You and all Health care workers as well as the Covid-19 patients. It has hit pretty hard in and around my family. 2 deaths a close family friend and a brother n Law. My sister just came off oxygen after a month at home after spending a week in the hospital. Next door neighbor lost his older brother. My daughter, Son n Law and youngest Grandson had it but only Son n Law had a hard time. His VA in Asheville got on him quick and gave him meds that prevented it being worse. Thanks Again Soywalker, You are covered in Prayers. Enjoy time with family. You certainly deserve it.

Feb 12, 2021, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Slow day shout out. What I'm seeing. NOT CLEMSON RELATED, don't read. ]

My oldest picked it up from work--one of his coworkers showed up to work sick, and the managers let her stay for some stupid reason. He gave it to my middle son because they share a bathroom.

God bless you and thank you

Feb 6, 2021, 1:06 PM

to you and everyone in the medical field.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic