Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough

Apr 10, 2021, 8:01 AM

Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough

Someone inside the Clemson football program told me earlier this week that wide receiver Ajou Ajou is one of the more personable players he’s ever met, and that the Canadian native has such an outsized personality he could make a living in Hollywood. Ajou isn’t quite ready for the bright lights of Tinseltown, but he’s closer to being ready for the stadium lights of college football. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough

Apr 10, 2021, 8:05 AM

It seems only an Andrew Booth can stop Ajou Ajou.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Booth is going to be a 1-2 round guy.***

Apr 10, 2021, 9:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough ]

And not every play. Ajou scored his TD with Booth covering him man-on-man. Two very talented guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of Julio Jones

Apr 10, 2021, 9:17 AM

With his size, speed and strength. His upside is off the charts.

I thought he should have played more last year to be honest but he will be very hard to keep off the field in 2021.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reminds me of Julio Jones

Apr 10, 2021, 10:35 AM

Dabo wanted him to earn it & by doing that it has challenged him to be the best version of himself.

I made several posts about how I believed he would be our breakout player this year. After seeing a guy his size dance the way he does, it speaks of his commitment to get things right.

He’s only going to get better!

On another subject let’s all pray for Kendrick, my heart hurts for him because he has the ability to be great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Agree, I feel for Kendrick***

Apr 10, 2021, 11:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Reminds me of Julio Jones ]

Did something else happen to Kendrick?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Reminds me of Julio Jones ]

Hyperbole much? Julio Jones is a freakish talent that makes other freakish talents look ordinary. I’ve seen Ajou catch one slant for a TD in a 77-3 blowout. Julio can get open any time he needs to with speed, strength or elusiveness. Our scheme has our WRs pretty much running right up to DBs to cover themselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 11:32 AM

A lot to dissect in a short post.

1) Julio Jones and Ajou Ajou are the same size - in height and weight.
2) Yes, Julio is a proven star so the hyperbole comment is fair.
3) Ajou is just starting, and at Julio's advanced age, Ajou may soon be more athletic. Does not matter unless we play him. But I'm on board in terms of Ajou's physical ability.
4) Criticizing our offensive scheme is fair, as NFL scouts and management often mention it. Clemson does not throw over the middle even to a wide open TE.

Julio has led the NFL in yardage multiple times. For whatever reason, he cannot get open, or Ryan is afraid to pull the trigger, Julio does not score TD's anywhere close to his skill level -- in comparison to Nuk Hopkins, Julio is weak at finding the end zone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good post.

Apr 10, 2021, 11:41 AM

You might want to add that Ajou Ajou started football late. Could make a huge difference.

Your response was hyperbole

Apr 10, 2021, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Reminds me of Julio Jones ]

I said he reminds me of Julio with his size, speed and strength. I didn’t say he was anywhere near Julio in accomplishments - calm down.

Enjoy your day. Sounds like you need a good day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 10:32 AM

Busted routes or wrong conversions lead to interceptions. Sort of like missed blocking assignments for running backs will keep them off the field. I suspect he has to fix those before he sees much time on the field. Hopefully, that is sooner rather than later.

Apr 11, 2021, 7:23 AM

Well put. Let me further add that it seemed that the game was a bit too fast for him as it is most Freshman. He would be open and when the ball got to him it looked like he had Alligator Arms, or hands of stone. I said then he might as well announce his formal engagement to the Juggs machine because it was coming. He could clearly catch, jump and has a smooth, fast running style; just needed the game to slow down. I personally LOVE his upside and have said since last year, his Junior year he is going to be a matchup nightmare, being able to beat the press or outrun many. I am truly excited to see what Tyler can do with this young man. Go Tigers!

Apr 11, 2021, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ajou Ajou's spring performance shows he's close to breakthrough ]

Well put. Let me further add that it seemed that the game was a bit too fast for him as it is most Freshman. He would be open and when the ball got to him it looked like he had Alligator Arms, or hands of stone. I said then he might as well announce his formal engagement to the Juggs machine because it was coming. He could clearly catch, jump and has a smooth, fast running style; just needed the game to slow down. I personally LOVE his upside and have said since last year, his Junior year he is going to be a matchup nightmare, being able to beat the press or outrun many. I am truly excited to see what Tyler can do with this young man. Go Tigers!

Speed, reach, strength, athleticism, attitude, intangibles

Apr 10, 2021, 11:13 AM

Ajou Ajou can do things on the field that most other WR's will never be able to achieve. Hope to see him on the field making the opponent deal with those physical skill sets and resulting mismatches. Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic