Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting This Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Recruiting This Week

Apr 6, 2021, 7:46 PM

I made a post Saturday detailing the list of names who were able to attend the Spring Game. I wanted to add that Toriano Pride was able to meet with several current DB's and they were selling the idea of early playing time. My best guess is Clemson vs OSU with Clemson with a very small lead currently, will be decided by visits. If he comes here except Ryan Turner to go to OSU.

-Jacoby Matthews just released a top 6, adjusted so that Clemson could be in it. Clemson only offered a few weeks ago but he has been high on us for a while, saying this days before offered to Letterman Row, "I’m really after Ohio State and maybe Clemson,” Mathews told Lettermen Row in New Orleans last weekend. “If can get those offers, I’ll probably close my recruitment. I wouldn’t say I’ll just go to either one of them, I don’t know that yet. But after those two offers out there, my recruitment could close down". OSU will most likely not offer, and my most trusted LSU insider is saying Clemson vs LSU, Matthews is from Louisiana. However, the only official he has planned is to Florida, so those three teams lead.

Here is where I believe the current state of the WR big board is...

-#1 Brenen Thompson: Thompson is a speedster and reminds me a lot of Waddle out of Alabama and would bring something different than the current WR do. He is good friends with Cade, which is why I think Clemson leads with local schools still coming hard.
-#2 Antonio Williams (Does not hold an offer): Williams attended the Spring Game on his own dime, which shows that he is recruiting Clemson and that should go a long way in helping his case. The dirt peckers would be the choice if Clemson does not offer.
-#3 Tetairoa McMillan (Does not hold an offer): He is out of Cali and is the more standard build that Clemson goes for. He is the highest rated of these 3 and this weekend the top corner in the country, Domani Jackson, struggled to deal with him when the two were matched up, ps: a USC insider says that he has shown up to mulltiple camps in Clemson gear. Would love to see an offer go out.

-Last week I posted about class of 23 targets, here are some of the main targets out of the Carolinas.
SC:(# denotes 247 ranking)
-#41: Xzavier McLeod DT out of Camden. We may have a few guys higher early, but certainly a name to watch.
-#43 Monroe Freeling OT. Does not yet hold an offer, but is definitely on the big board at OT.
#67 Devin Hyatt WR. No offer and not a ton of info on him, but I do know he grew up a Carolina fan.
NC:
#35 Christian Hamilton WR. He has said UNC is recruiting him the hardest.

That list could change once the 23' offers go out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting This Week

Apr 6, 2021, 8:45 PM

Thank you for your insight. This was the kind of info that I always wished would happen but very seldom did on this site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 9:54 PM

Great stuff CP. Thanks.

Apr 7, 2021, 12:15 AM

Thanks, solid info. You need a column.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:57 AM

LOL thank you, I will try to keep the content coming.

Apr 7, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting This Week ]

Refreshing to come on and read. And ur correct. A column would be nice. ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff?Thank you****

Apr 7, 2021, 2:57 AM

Apr 7, 2021, 7:38 AM

As long as the Retreat happens, I expect Pride to commit a the Retreat...

The pressure to stay at home will be the thing that hinders Matthews; big name recruits out of Louisiana more often than not stay in state or at least go to a comparable or better sec school. Constantin nor Etienne were not coveted by lsu, but when lsu covets a recruit, they tend to serve the gumbo with a helping of the bayou hoojoo for the unfair advantage...

We've got to be careful how we slow offer McMillan, we may need to commit to him with an offer so that he doesn't consider the lack of offer as a lack of high interest and depth chart issues. I think that we should offer because he, Thompson and Randall all bring something different but complementary to the table. Williams would be good to keep away from the coots just to assert our dominance if the numbers would work, but his teammate Devin Hyatt is the player to get.

We need to get McLeod, there's a lot to love about his strength and athleticism. He may not be a national name, but he will be a big surprise once he's in a college strength & nutrition program; think BJ Goodson in terms of potential for development.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2021, 11:19 AM

I agree I think that we lead with Pride and OSU with Turner. Each team would be happy with that result, Pride is a quick guy and Turner is very technically sound.

I think that LSU is obviously the favorite to land Matthews, but he actually reached out to Clemson's camp last year to say that he was interested, so Clemson has a shot. Will be interesting to see if Florida is just the flavor of the month, Texas also has some buzz.

I agree that I would offer McMillan and take a WR class of Randall, Thompson, and McMillan in a heartbeat. And that is not crazy to think that class could happen if they offer McMillan. They each bring something different.

I think Peter Woods and McLeod would be the two top targets on the 23' DT board so far.

Apr 7, 2021, 11:58 AM

So it sounds like shaw and walker are friends but i've also read page and shaw are good friends. Who do you think has the bigger pull here....page or walker?

Apr 7, 2021, 12:37 PM

That is tough to say. I know that he and Page are good friends and are both from Greensboro.
I also know Walker and Shaw are close he said "“Jalon and I are close. We don’t know each other super-well, but we’re close." How you can be super close without knowing each other I do not know.
I know that he does communicate with D.J Reader who played at his high school. That can not hurt.

Look UGA is the hot team on the trail right now, no doubt. Walker committing helps with Shaw, but this will be a 3 team race between UGA, Clemson, and UNC. Shaw's recruitment was never going to be easy and it is not going to end any time soon, I think he waits until December to make a decision. I would take Clemson right now, with UGA second and closing, knowing that can change with visits, and if I was Clemson I would simply point to UGA's lack of development at the position with the talent that they have recruited.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:03 AM

Any insight on the CB from Mauldin (Consensus top100 player)?

Apr 8, 2021, 8:29 AM

Jeadyn Lukus, and yes Clemson is in a great spot for him. I never say a kid is a lock, but he is a strong Clemson lean. The other challenger appears to be UNC, where he will take an official in the first part of June before coming to the Elite Retreat. I think he commits, to Clemson, at the Elite Retreat after being able to see UNC and looking at all his options.

-He projects to play in the boundary and his best comp is AJ Terrell. He is target #1 for Clemson right now with Travis Shaw.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic