Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Notes This Week and Safety Big Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Recruiting Notes This Week and Safety Big Board

Mar 28, 2021, 3:05 PM

Well there is no way to sugar coat what happened this week in recruiting. Clemson had a puncher's chance at Starks, but with him not waiting to take visits they were never going to be able to win. Walker is the one that stings much more. When I was asked on Thursday morning who I favored, I said I would lean Clemson at the moment but Georgia had made things much closer than they were maybe even a week ago. No one knew how close that was, the best Georgia insider ran a story that morning saying Clemson led, until Steve Wiltfong ran a story saying he now favored Georgia. Walker was basically a silent commit and did a complete 180, even surprised the Georgia staff how quickly he changed. Unfortunately, I think that he may have been the only LB take this year, and I do not know who Clemson pushes for the most now, they do have a few offers out.

With missing on Starks here is who I think is on Clemson's safety board:

1. Xavier Nwankpa: I think that he would be the top target at this time. I would say that Clemson is in the top 3 but do not lead. I think that Clemson will get an official, but I would favor OSU because of proximity and the relationship he has with current commits, especially Kyion Grayes.
2. Zion Branch: I think Clemson runs 3rd here behind USC and OSU. Again, hopefully get an official and Clemson has the ability to close. He has a brother who is a receiver in the next class and they want to play together. Feel better about the chances here than Nwankpa
3. Keon Sabb: No clear leader here but Clemson is probably top 2 or 3 with Bama. He is the highest rated guy, but there is concern that he could outgrow the position once he puts on weight in college. Whether Clemson recruits him as a backer to fill the Walker miss I do not know, kid is a freaky athlete.
4. Jacoby Matthews: This is a new offer, so I really do not know where Clemson stands, he did say this right before the offer "“I’m really after Ohio State and maybe Clemson,” Mathews told Lettermen Row in New Orleans last weekend. “If can get those offers, I’ll probably close my recruitment. I wouldn’t say I’ll just go to either one of them, I don’t know that yet. But after those two offers out there, my recruitment could close down. I’m still interested in those two schools.” I do not think that OSU would offer as of now.
5. Sherrod Covil: Really recent offer, so again I do not know much there either. I think that Clemson may be in a position to get an official.

Side Notes:
-Clemson appears to be eyeing the weekend of June 12 to try and get as many targets to take official visits together.
-Shemar Stewart the #5 d-lineman said that he is considering Clemson for an official. Clemson is probably in his top 4 with maybe a small edge to LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Notes This Week and Safety Big Board

Mar 28, 2021, 3:16 PM

All great recruits that you've listed, but it's hard to smile while reading this.

Mar 28, 2021, 3:59 PM

We seem to be slipping a notch or two.

Jeff Scott factor perhaps?***

Mar 29, 2021, 12:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2021, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Notes This Week and Safety Big Board ]

DMD, I agree that this week has not been great and Clemson does not necessarily lead for any of the guys on the board, but they are in a position to get officials from all of them. Clemson has to have a strong Summer push of officials, and I will never count this coaching staff out when they can get a kid on campus. The NCAA's stupidity in continuing to prevent these guys from visiting schools, which they all wanted too, hurt Clemson more than other schools because how Clemson recruits, but Clemson has to prevent another 2019 class from happening when they are able to get kids on campus.

Mar 28, 2021, 4:26 PM

Shawn Murphy?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2021, 4:35 PM

Is Shawn Murphy not a take at LB?

Mar 28, 2021, 4:59 PM

I think that the concern with Murphy is speed. Walker was also an OLB while Murphy plays ILB. I think that they would prefer to take an OLB if possible. I will say that I am unsure what the next move is just because of the suddenness of the Walker situation. They may now push for Daniel Martin, he may project better as a safety, or TJ Dudley.

Mar 28, 2021, 5:53 PM

Murphy has an offer and they will take him in a heartbeat.

Mar 29, 2021, 10:56 AM

Keep an eye on Jaylen Sneed out of SC. He is a ND lean, but Clemson may now crank it up way more.

Might not be as much of a big time recruiting year as some

Mar 28, 2021, 6:12 PM

of the recent classes. Hopefully things will turn back in our favor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2021, 6:22 PM

Anyone know if we are still leading on?

Travis Shaw DT out of NC
Jeadyn Lucas CB out of SC
Toriano Pride CB out of MO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Mar 28, 2021, 6:41 PM

As you said we were leading with Shaw and I think that UNC was running second. One thing to note is that Shaw and Walker are close friends and Walker said that Shaw is the one person that he is going to recruit the hardest. However, I think that Mykel Williams will commit to Georgia giving them 3 commits at DT, I do not know if they would have room for a 4th. So, I do not know.
I believe that we still have a lead with Lukas, with UNC and OSU in his top 3.
I think we may hold a small lead with Pride because of connections. OSU is pushing hard there as well.

Mar 29, 2021, 11:01 AM

Just my 02 not that it's worth the pennies.

I really like this covil kid. Didn't he say when interviewed that he'd dreamed of playing football at Clemson. Seems like he'd be a good fit for us.

I also like Dudley. I know they all CB him to Bama, with interest in albarn, but if we can get him up here again, I think we should take him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 12:06 PM

Agree that I would take Covil plus Matthews or Branch in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure about how they would look with Dudley, I know he said recently that Bama, UCF, and Oregon are all going to get officials, and that would leave room for Clemson to get one also.

Mar 29, 2021, 12:56 PM

Just based off their film IMO

1. Xavier Nwankpa
2. Sherrod Covil
3. Jacoby Matthews
4. Keon Sabb

Mar 29, 2021, 1:09 PM

Thanks as always for all y'all wonderful insight. Made my day to see ur post Paw after the announcement...

As for response to T below. I think the officials work in our favor this year as I don't see it opening until then. Get them all here for the cookout too.

Looks like we're in good shape for safeties... Maybe not our first choice but maybe there's a reason for that. What do we do for LB? If, we only take one and suppose plan B doesn't work out? Go after a project? Just not take one or take a safety and hope they grow into a hybrid... Thanks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2021, 3:02 PM

I've always liked Daniel Martin. He's really athletic and can play multiple positions, including safety. He's another one of those Isaiah Simmons, Trenton Simpson, and Barrett Carter type defenders. The coaches have had contact with Eoghan Kerry from California. We could see a potential offer going to him in the immediate future. He's currently ranked as a 3 star, #42 OLB, and #652 overall player.

Mar 29, 2021, 12:38 PM

Dabs does"nt do official visits during the summer.... maybe unofficial visit..

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic