Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rat trap Superdome was supposed to get a makeover
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 101

Rat trap Superdome was supposed to get a makeover

Apr 7, 2021, 9:30 PM

but it's being pushed out. The biggest problem is the lack of space in the concourse and the fact that seats and rows are tiny. Other than that it's a fine rat trap.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_3f87e6ba-97f9-11eb-ba3c-0b926f699fb6.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rat trap Superdome was supposed to get a makeover

Apr 7, 2021, 10:06 PM

I saw Montross and UNC Hoops win the Final Four over Fab 5 in Superdome in 1993. It was a dump then!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2021, 11:34 PM

There is nothing they can do to make that rat-trap suitable for CFP games. In addition to the points your raised, there is also the issue of the overhangs that block lower deck seating in the endzone are ridiculous. Cannot see the video board nor punts. Hate that dump. There is NOTHING super about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor sight lines......seats too far from field.....

Apr 8, 2021, 12:04 AM

All around a terrible design for stadium

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poor sight lines......seats too far from field.....

Apr 8, 2021, 9:26 AM

Built to the highest of standards for the 1970's.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:15 AM

Stadiums/Arenas/Ballparks are destined 99% of the time to bad investments for cities and or states. Taxpayers should never be forced to contribute money to these projects. Time after time owners have told citizens either build me what I want or I’m going to leave. Why, because there’s always that city council in Oklahoma City , Atlanta, Las Vegas that believes it’s more important to be personally responsible for bringing whatever team to their city , while in turn saddling the citizens with 500 million of debt to be paid over 30 years.

For example, Turner Field vs the new Braves stadium. The back room dealings that resulted in 400+ million in taxpayer debt for replacing a stadium that should have had another 30 years of use, in my opinion those council members should have all been recalled.

There are tons of Documentary’s out there on the fleecing of cities by owners and council members basically prioritizing tax money for ultra-luxurious stadiums over basic responsibilities of local government.

I forget which stadium or city it is, but there was an article about a stadium that had been recently replaced and torn down still having 10 years of debt remaining. I appreciate a nice stadium as much as the next guy, but to say we must spend 100 million on the Superdome just so people can use a escalator instead of a walkway is ridiculous.

Apr 8, 2021, 9:21 AM

During the renovation, please find and remove the Clemson Voodoo doll.

Apr 8, 2021, 9:31 AM

For realz.

Some higher power - or lower one - really does not like us there.

I would not be upset if we never played there again.

Dynamite and bulldoze that POS stadium.***

Apr 8, 2021, 8:28 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic