Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myles Murphy a top run-stuffer in CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,519

Myles Murphy a top run-stuffer in CFB

Feb 20, 2021, 9:21 AM

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1363126761630752768

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And since last season didn't count against eligibility, he

Feb 20, 2021, 9:55 AM

gets to avoid the sophomore slump by still being a freshman!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And since last season didn't count against eligibility, he

Feb 20, 2021, 10:10 AM

there will be no slump with this kid. He is bar-none the best SDE we have landed here since I have started watching Clemson in the late 80s. I can only imagine what kind f numbers he will put up next year with an additional year working on his strength, but truth be told he came in physically and mentally ready to not only compete,. but dominant at this level. That is so rare.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are these "kind f" numbers of which you speak?

Feb 20, 2021, 10:14 AM

Please elucidate, there is not enough kindness of any kind in the world today. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are these "kind f" numbers of which you speak?

Feb 20, 2021, 10:16 AM

I would think that he would rip at least 2x as many people's heads off this year.;) f he works hard in the offseason.

Re: Myles Murphy a top run-stuffer in CFB

Feb 20, 2021, 10:33 AM

A run stuffer is great but our defensive is missing the elite pass rush. In today’s game that’s so important, and the reason OSU carved us up last year.

Re: Myles Murphy a top run-stuffer in CFB

Feb 20, 2021, 11:07 AM

greer1® said:

A run stuffer is great but our defensive is missing the elite pass rush. In today’s game that’s so important, and the reason OSU carved us up last year.

I'm mixed about this.

I can get where you are coming from because it was frustrating seeing us get close to many sacks last year but I also think the young pups on the Dline jus need some seasoning.

Bresee, Murphy, and Murphy are top knotch....XT CAN be that elite pass rusher IMO but last year also had some other factors like COVID that took out XT and Foster.

KJ Henry ain't a bad player either.... I'm just a little unsure of how to classify his specialty compared to the other bunch of freaks ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not just a run stuffer

Feb 20, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy a top run-stuffer in CFB ]

When Murphy was not double-teamed, he was very successful pressuring the passer.
The problem was after Wake Forest, offenses often doubled him up and removed him from the equation on passing downs.

Whoever plays on the other side has to win one-on-one. Our DTs also have to step up.

Our pass rush is going next level this year.

Re: He's not just a run stuffer

Feb 20, 2021, 10:24 PM

gotta work with Bresee on not overpursuing and coach him on how not to get held. Man, I miss Dan Brooks.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,519
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic